YouTube TV is a wonderful substitute on your cable TV. It affords widespread TV community programming, motion pictures, information, and extra. However, there are occasions once you’ll discover YouTube TV shouldn’t be working. This could be irritating, particularly when it’s one in all your prime sources of leisure.
Thankfully, practically any concern that may lead to YouTube TV not working is fixable. In this text, you’ll discover a troubleshooting course of that can take you from the commonest and sure state of affairs to the much less widespread and extra advanced ones. By the tip of this text, YouTube TV needs to be working for you once more.
Note: The following fixes apply to the cellular, desktop, and browser-based variations of YouTube TV. Where fixes apply to just one platform, that can be famous.
Table of Contents
1. Is YouTube TV Down?
If these providers present a YouTube TV outage, there’s nothing you are able to do. The concern is on YouTube’s finish, and also you’ll simply want to look forward to the service to come again on-line.
There are loads of alternative video streaming sites you’ll be able to get pleasure from when you’re ready.
2. Make Sure You Haven’t Exceeded Your Device Limit
If you might have a YouTube Family plan, a number of customers in your home can watch YouTube TV utilizing their very own Google account. However, whether or not or not you might have this plan, you’ll be able to solely watch YouTube TV concurrently on up to three units in your account.
The following actions rely as one machine actively streaming:
- Casting a YouTube TV present from a laptop computer to a TV
- Watching YouTube TV on both a laptop computer or desktop laptop
- Watching a film out of your YouTube TV library in your cellular machine
Regardless of your YouTube TV exercise, each machine you employ with the service will rely towards your machine restrict. If you’re blocked from utilizing your YouTube TV account, be certain there aren’t already different relations utilizing three units with the service.
3. Restart YouTube TV
The quickest resolution to get YouTube TV working once more is to restart your connection to the service. If you’re accessing YouTube TV through your internet browser, shut out the browser fully. Restart a brand new browser window and entry solely YouTube TV (and no different web sites).
If you’re streaming YouTube TV through your cellular machine, you’ll want to shut the app after which restart it.
On Android, simply swipe up from the underside of the primary display screen, seek for yt television, and long-press on the app icon. Tap App information on the pop-up menu.
Select Force cease on the backside of the App information window.
On the iPhone, that is even simpler. Just swipe up from the underside of the Home display screen and swipe proper or left to discover the YouTube TV app. Swipe up on the app’s preview window to shut the app. On iPad, simply swipe up on the app within the App Switcher.
If you’re utilizing the desktop YouTube TV app on Mac or Windows, simply shut the app as you usually would every other app.
Once you’ve closed YouTube TV, reopen the browser or app and examine if YouTube TV is working.
4. Update the Mobile YouTube TV App
YouTube steadily updates the YouTube TV app. Users generally report that when YouTube TV shouldn’t be engaged on their cellular machine, it’s actually because there’s a pending replace for the YouTube TV app.
You can shortly examine if that is so by opening Google Play or the Apple Store and checking if there’s an replace obtainable for the app.
If there’s, run the replace after which restart the YouTube TV app. Check if this resolved the problems you have been having with YouTube TV.
5. Enable Location Permissions
YouTube tracks customers’ location intently to be certain that particular households use the account with out sharing it with individuals elsewhere. If you’ve turned off the placement setting in your cellular machine, YouTube TV could not work.
Note: YouTube permits you to journey to different places and nonetheless use the service at that location for a restricted time, however you continue to want to have Location turned on for the service to work.
Enable the placement in your particular machine to see if it resolves the problems you’re having with YouTube TV.
- On Android: In Settings, choose Location, and make sure the On toggle is enabled. Tap the YouTube TV app to make sure the app has Location listed beneath Permissions.
- On iPhone or iPad: In Settings, choose Privacy and Location Services. Make certain Location Services is enabled. Next, faucet the YouTube TV app and choose While Using the App for the placement permission.
If you’re utilizing Google Chrome on a desktop laptop or laptop computer, you’ll want to regulate Chrome’s location settings for Google.
1. In Chrome, choose the three dots on the higher proper to open the menu, choose Settings, choose Privacy and Security from the left menu, and select Site Settings.
2. On the subsequent display screen, beneath the Permissions part, choose Location.
3. In the subsequent window, scroll down to Allowed to see your location. Select the arrow to the correct of https://www.google.com:443. On the subsequent window, be certain Location beneath the Permissions part is ready to Allow.
Restart your browser earlier than testing to see if YouTube TV works.
6. Restart Your Device
A standard resolution for YouTube TV not working is to restart the machine you’re utilizing to entry the service. Restarting clears the machine’s reminiscence cache and browser cache and kills all operating apps or providers which will intervene with the YouTube TV service.
Make certain to utterly shut down your laptop or laptop computer earlier than restarting. Choose the shutdown choice reasonably than the restart choice. The identical goes for restarting your cellular machine. Perform an entire shutdown utilizing the facility button on the aspect of your cellphone. Then begin up the cellphone earlier than testing YouTube TV once more.
7. Check Your Internet Connection
A primary first examine is to guarantee that you’ve got a very good web connection. Connect with different web sites together with your machine and ensure these connections work.
With that out of the best way, you’ll additionally want to guarantee your web connection is quick sufficient to use YouTube TV. YouTube TV wants a obtain pace of at the very least 3 Mbps to stream nicely. If your web connection can’t handle this, you could seemingly expertise lag points, or YouTube TV could not work in any respect.
YouTube recommends the next web speeds relying in your utilization:
- 3 Mbps: Good for streaming normal definition video.
- 7 Mbps: Lets you stream a single HD (excessive definition) video at a time, however extra units streaming concurrently could trigger points.
- 13 Mbps: Multiple units can stream HD video.
- 25 Mbps: Lets you stream 4K video or applications from YouTube TV.
The very first thing to attempt is operating a pace take a look at to check your internet connection speed. The simplest way to do that is to search Google for web pace take a look at.
Select Run Speed Test to begin the take a look at. When the take a look at is accomplished, you’ll see each obtain and add speeds on your community.
The Mbps obtain result’s the one to be involved with. Make certain this pace outcome matches your YouTube TV utilization from the record above.
Also, guarantee your cellular web connection is working appropriately by restarting the information connection. On Android, open Settings, choose Connections, and allow after which disable Airplane mode. On iPhone or iPad, open the Control Center and faucet Airplane Mode to enable it. Tap it once more to disable it.
8. Adjust YouTube TV Video Quality
If you don’t have fairly sufficient bandwidth pace for YouTube TV to work correctly, you’ll be able to tweak some settings within the YouTube TV app in order that it’ll work extra effectively.
- Select the gear icon on the decrease proper nook of the participant window once you launch a video.
- Select the Quality choice from the Settings record.
- Choose a decrease video decision from the Quality record.
Choosing a decrease video high quality would require decrease bandwidth, which can allow you to get away with a slower web connection pace.
Note: You can decrease video high quality on the YouTube TV cellular app in the identical means by way of the video settings menu contained in the YouTube TV cellular participant.
This isn’t the very best resolution since a a lot decrease video high quality gained’t look good on bigger screens. Ideally, you’ll need to troubleshoot why you’re not getting the bandwidth you’ve purchased from your ISP.