If you appeared round your machine disc, you’ll have noticed a secret folder titled InstallShield Installation Information beneath Program Files (x86) or Program Files. The measurement of the folder will differ relying on what number of applications you’ve put in in your Windows PC. Today, we carry to an ideal information that may educate you about what is InstallShield set up info & methods to uninstall it, if you happen to select to take action.
What is InstallShield Installation Information?
InstallShield is a program that lets you create software program bundles and installers. Following are some notable options of the app:
- InstallShield is largely used to set up functions using Windows service bundle.
- Additionally, it is additionally utilized by third-party functions to put in them.
- It refreshes its file each time it installs a bundle in your PC.
All of this info is saved in InstallShield Installation folder which is divided into subfolders with hexadecimal names corresponding to every utility you’ve put in utilizing InstallShield.
Is it Possible to Remove InstallShield Installation?
InstallShield Installation Manager can’t be eliminated. Uninstalling it in its entirety may result in a slew of points. As a consequence, uninstalling it correctly and deleting all of its associated information is vital. Although earlier than the applying could also be eliminated, the set up info folder for InstallShield should be purged.
Check if It is a Malware or Not?
PC viruses look like typical software program these days, however they’re far harder to take away from a PC. To get malware infested onto your laptop, Trojans and adware are utilized. Other kinds of infections, corresponding to adware and probably undesirable functions, are equally powerful to eliminate. They are regularly bundled with freeware functions, corresponding to video recording, video games, or PDF converters, after which put in in your PC. In this fashion, they will simply evade detection by your antivirus program.
If you may’t eliminate InstallShield Installation Manager 22.214.171.1245 in contrast to different apps, it’s time to verify if it’s a virus. We have used McAfee for example beneath.
1. Right-click on the InstallShield file and select Scan choice, as proven.
2. If it is a virus-affected file, your antivirus program will terminate and quarantine it.
Also Read: How to Remove Duplicate Files in Google Drive
How to Uninstall InstallShield
Following are varied strategies to uninstall InstallShield Installation Information app.
Method 1: Use uninstaller.exe File
The executable file for many Windows PC applications is known as uninst000.exe, uninstall.exe, or one thing related. These information could also be present in InstallShield Installation Manager set up folder. So, your greatest wager is to uninstall it utilizing its exe file as follows:
1. Navigate to the set up folder of InstallShield Installation Manager in File Explorer.
2. Find uninstall.exe or unins000.exe file.
3. Double-click on the file to run it.
4. Follow the on-screen uninstallation wizard to finish the uninstallation.
Method 2: Use Programs and Features
The Programs and Features listing is up to date everytime you set up or uninstall new software program in your PC. You could take away InstallShield Manager software program utilizing Programs and Features, as follows:
1. Press Windows + R keys concurrently to launch Run dialog field
2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit the Enter key to launch Programs and Features window.
3. Right-click on InstallShield Installation Manager and select Uninstall, as illustrated beneath.
4. Confirm the Uninstall in succeeding prompts, if any seem.
Also Read: Why Windows 10 Sucks?
Method 3: Use Registry Editor
When you put in a program in your Windows PC, the working system saves all of its settings and knowledge, together with the uninstall command within the registry. InstallShield Installation Manager 126.96.36.1995 could also be uninstalled utilizing this strategy.
Note: Please modify the registry with warning, since any errors may trigger your machine to crash.
1. Launch the Run dialog field, kind regedit, and click on on OK, as proven.
2. Click on Yes within the User Account Control immediate.
3. To backup Windows registry, click on on File > Export… choice, as depicted.
4. Navigate to the next location path by double-clicking on every folder:
5. Locate the Installshield folder and choose it.
6. Double-click the UninstallString on the fitting pane and duplicate the Value Data:
Note: We have proven 0307C98E-AE82-4A4F-A950-A72FBD805338 file for example.
7. Open the Run dialog field and paste the copied Value information within the Open subject, and click on OK, as illustrated beneath.
8. Follow the on-screen wizard to uninstall InstallShield Installation Information Manager.
Also Read: How to Delete Folders and Subfolders in PowerShell
Method 4: Perform System Restore
System Restore is a Windows operate that permits customers to revive their PC to a earlier state and delete applications which might be slowing it down. You could use System Recovery to revive your PC and take away undesirable applications like InstallShield Installation Manager if you happen to made a system restore level earlier than putting in functions.
Note: Before performing System Restore, make a backup of your information and information.
1. Hit the Windows key, kind Control Panel and click on on Open, as proven.
2. Set View by: as Small icons, and choose System from the listing of settings.
3. Click on System Protection beneath Related settings part, as depicted.
4. In the System Protection tab, click on on System Restore… button, proven highlighted.
5A. Select Choose a special restore level and click on on the Next > button.
Choose a Restore Point from the listing & click on on the Next > button.
5B. Alternatively, you may choose the Recommended restore and click on on the Next > button.
Note: This will undo the newest replace, driver, or software program set up.
6. Now, click on on Finish to substantiate your restore level. Windows OS will likely be restored accordingly.
Also Read: C:windowssystem32configsystemprofileDesktop is Unavailable: Fixed
Method 5: Reinstall InstallShield
You will be unable to take away InstallShield Installation Manager 188.8.131.525 if the mandatory information are broken or lacking. In this case, reinstalling InstallShield 184.108.40.2065 could help.
1. Download InstallShield from the official website.
Note: You can strive the Free Trial model, else click on on Buy Now.
2. Run the installer from the downloaded file to reinstall the applying.
Note: If you’ve the unique disc, then you may set up utilizing the disc too.
3. Use the installer to restore or delete this system.
Also Read: What is hkcmd?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Is it okay to erase the details about InstallShield set up?
Ans. If you’re referring to the InstallShield folder positioned in C:Program FilesFrequent Files, you may safely delete it. When you put in software program that makes use of the InstallShield methodology somewhat than the Microsoft Installer, the folder will likely be rebuilt robotically.
Q2. Is there a virus in InstallShield?
Ans. InstallShield isn’t a virus or a bug. The utility is a real Windows software program that runs on Windows 8, in addition to older variations of the Windows working system.
Q3. Where does InstallShield go after it’s put in?
Ans. InstallShield creates a. msi file that could be used on vacation spot PC to put in payloads from the supply machine. It is doable to create questions, necessities, and registry settings that the person could choose through the set up course of.
We hope this text was helpful for you in understanding what is InstallShield set up info and methods to uninstall it, if wanted. Let us know which approach was essentially the most profitable for you. Also, in case you have any queries/strategies concerning this text, then be happy to drop them within the feedback part beneath.