Are you attempting to discover your Discord token? Luckily, it’s very straightforward to retrieve — all you want is a internet browser. Keep in thoughts that there are solely a few reputable causes to discover your Discord token, and by no means do you have to give it out to others.
Read on to discover out what a Discord token is used for and how one can get yours. Let’s get began!
Table of Contents
What Is a Discord Token?
A Discord token is a distinctive collection of numbers and letters that’s created whenever you log in. This is actually your authorization code and it’s handed from the shopper to the server to confirm that you’re the account holder.
Your Discord token gives full entry to your account and is required to carry out actions inside Discord. It’s additionally helpful for permitting bots to do issues in your behalf exterior of the Discord shopper.
You ought to by no means give out your Discord token as it should enable others to impersonate you on Discord. Staff and admin won’t ever ask on your token or password.
How Can You Find Your Discord Token?
If you want your Discord token, the one manner to discover it’s through Discord’s developer tools. To discover your Discord token:
- Open your internet browser and head to the official Discord web site.
- Log in to your account.
- Once the web page hundreds press Ctrl + Shift + I to deliver up the Discord console.
- Navigate to the Network tab and press F5 to reload your web page.
- Type /api into the Filter search field.
- Select the Headers tab and then choose discord.com from the left-hand checklist.
- Under the Headers tab, scroll down to discover the road labeled Authorization.
- This worth is your Discord Token — hold it secret.
What Is a Discord Bot Token?
Discord bots are automated applications that may carry out numerous useful capabilities in your Discord channel. These capabilities embrace welcoming new members, banning those that break guidelines, or including music and playlists.
A Discord bot token, like your consumer token, is an alphanumeric phrase that acts because the authorization code for the bot to carry out capabilities on the Discord shopper. Developers could use this token to arrange their bots and give them the permissions they require.
To get a Discord bot token, you first have to create a bot:
- Head to the Discord Developer Portal.
- Click New Application and title your bot.
- Select Create.
- Select the Bot tab from the left-hand menu.
- Select Add Bot.
- Click Yes, do it!
- Once you’ve created the bot, you could find its token simply: On the bot web page, you will note a panel displaying your newly created bot. Beneath the username, there ought to be blue textual content saying Click to Reveal Token. Select this to discover your bot’s Discord token.
What Do You Do If Your Discord Token Is Compromised?
Scammers typically try to scrape individuals’s Discord tokens (and bot tokens) to steal servers, bots, and accounts. They then use these to spam servers and different customers. Often, the spam makes an attempt to unfold malware that’s designed to steal consumer credentials and private info.
If you suppose somebody has gained entry to your Discord token, it is best to act instantly. There are two issues that can reset your token and return sole management of your account to you: Changing your Discord password and enabling two-factor authorization (2FA).
To change your password and allow 2FA:
- Open the Discord app or head to Discord through your internet browser.
- By your title, choose the gear icon to open Settings.
- Select My Account.
- Scroll down and choose Change Password and enter a safe password.
- Click Done.
- Next, choose Enable Two-Factor Auth.
- Input your password and choose Continue.
- Follow the directions to obtain and set up the 2FA authenticator app.
Don’t Give Out Your Discord Token
Finding your Discord token is extremely straightforward. Because of this, scammers and malicious actors typically strive to steal them through malware and different means. To keep away from having your Discord token stolen, by no means give it out, and keep away from suspicious hyperlinks and downloads.