Microsoft Teams is a in style enterprise collaboration device, however you don’t want Windows to run it. You can use Microsoft Teams on a Chromebook utilizing this information.
There are every kind of productive methods you should utilize a Chromebook—you may use Microsoft Office apps on a Chromebook, as an example.
However, there’s one other Microsoft app you may want to think about using as a substitute. Microsoft Teams on Chrome OS offers you the flexibility to talk along with your staff with out switching to a laptop computer or PC.
If you need to use Microsoft Teams on a Chromebook, right here’s what you’ll want to do.
Table of Contents
How to Use the Web Version of Microsoft Teams on a Chromebook
For the very best expertise with groups, we suggest utilizing the online model of the software program.
To use the Teams internet model, do the next:
- Launch the Chrome browser on your Chromebook and navigate to the Microsoft Teams website.
- Log in with the Microsoft account you need to use.
- Choose your staff from the drop-down menu and click on the Continue button.
- If you need to get notifications, click on the Turn On button when it seems. If you don’t like notifications, click on Dismiss.
- You can begin utilizing the options included with Microsoft Teams at this level, however you’ll need to create an app that you would be able to immediately launch from the Chromebook Launcher. To create the online app, click on the three-dot button on the top-right.
- After that, scroll down and choose More instruments > Create shortcut.
- When the Create Shortcut home windows open, sort in a title for the appliance like Microsoft Teams. Also, make sure that to examine the Open as window possibility and click on the Create button.
- Now, while you open the Launcher, you’ll find the Microsoft Teams icon simply because it had been every other app put in on your system. It will even launch in Windowed mode, similar to different apps on your Chromebook.
How to Use Microsoft Teams on a Chromebook through the Play Store
Using Microsoft Teams on a Chromebook is a simple course of. Provided your Chromebook can run Android apps (sometimes 2017 and above), you’ll be able to obtain the Android model of Microsoft Teams.
To use Microsoft Teams on a Chromebook, use the next steps:
- Launch the Google Play Store and set up the Microsoft Teams app. Make certain to choose your Chromebook from the listing of gadgets.
- After the app installs, swipe up on your display screen to open the Chrome OS launcher and faucet the Teams icon.
- Sign in along with your Microsoft account and start utilizing its options like chatting, customizing notifications, and creating breakout rooms.
Note that the Android model is optimized for cell gadgets. Still, you’ll be able to resize the window and add different customizations for a extra responsive expertise.
Using Your Chromebook for Work
A Chromebook may be centered on utilizing Google instruments, however that doesn’t imply you’ll be able to’t swap sides and use Microsoft Teams on your Chromebook by following the steps above.
There’s extra to do than run Teams on your Chromebook, nonetheless. If you will have a Bluetooth machine, learn the way to join a Bluetooth machine or take a screenshot on a Chromebook. You can even pin recordsdata and folders to the Chromebook taskbar.