Dynamic Lock is a Windows 11 characteristic that robotically locks your PC once you stroll away from it with a related machine. Here’s how to use it.
Want to hold your Windows 11 PC safe when you’re away out of your desk? There are a few methods you are able to do it.
The most vital is to create a PIN or password to cease any unauthorized entry. You can then use a keyboard shortcut (Windows key + L) to lock the display screen.
If you need to attempt a better resolution, nonetheless, you should use Dynamic Lock to robotically lock your PC once you stroll away from it. If you’ve by no means used it earlier than, right here’s what you’ll want to do to use Dynamic Lock on Windows 11.
Table of Contents
What is Dynamic Lock on Windows 11?
Dynamic Lock is a Windows 11 characteristic that locks your pc when a related Bluetooth machine (your telephone or wearable machine) is out of vary. The Dynamic Lock characteristic will lock your PC robotically even when you neglect to use the Windows key + L shortcut when strolling away.
Dynamic Lock makes use of any related machine with Bluetooth, but it surely’s most likely finest to use one thing with an excellent quantity of battery and vary, comparable to your telephone. Once your machine is out of attain for 30 seconds, Windows will lock the display screen robotically.
Pairing a Bluetooth Device to Windows 11
To get all the things working, you’ll want to begin with pairing your Windows 11 PC with one other Bluetooth machine.
To do that:
- You’ll want to allow Bluetooth on your telephone or different cell machine and put it in pairing mode.
- Now, join your machine to Windows 11 by way of Bluetooth.
- Open Settings > Bluetooth & units and switch on the Bluetooth toggle change on your PC.
- Click the Add machine button.
- Click the Bluetooth choice on the prime when the Add a tool display screen seems.
- Choose your telephone or one other Bluetooth machine you need to use. Again, you need to use one thing you are taking with you when leaving the pc. A telephone is a superb choice, however perhaps you have got headphones or one other wearable machine that may work.
- Continue with any extra pairing directions. For instance, Windows 11 sends a code to our iPhone to end pairing.
- After your machine and Windows 11 join by way of Bluetooth, you’ll see the next success message — click on Done to shut out the window.
How to Enable Dynamic Lock on Windows 11
Now it’s time to allow the Dynamic Lock characteristic on your PC.
You can use the next steps to flip on Dynamic Lock on Windows 11:
- On your PC, open the Settings app by way of the Start menu.
- In Settings, head to Accounts > Sign-in choices.
- Expand the Dynamic Lock choice underneath Additional settings.
- Click the Allow Windows to robotically lock your machine once you’re away choice.
- Wait a second, and the machine you select to add by way of Bluetooth will present up as your Dynamic Lock machine.(*11*)
When you stroll away out of your PC, and your Dynamic Lock machine is out of vary, after 30 seconds, your PC will robotically lock.
Protecting Your Windows 11 PC
Using the steps above, you have to be in a position to allow and use Dynamic Lock on Windows 11.
Dynamic Lock is only one means to add an additional layer of safety to your Windows 11 machine. For extra, take a look at utilizing Windows Security on Windows 11 for optimum safety. There is also cases once you want to allow or disable Windows Security.
If you’re not on Windows 11 but, no worries; you can even use Dynamic Lock on Windows 10.