If you need to collaborate on a Microsoft Teams’ assembly, a great way to do it’s to use the whiteboard characteristic. Here’s how.
Microsoft Teams is a enterprise and chat collaboration app that gives a number of distant conferences options. One of probably the most helpful is the whiteboard in Microsoft Teams which permits the presenter and different customers to visually current data to different colleagues.
Think of the Whiteboard you utilize in the assembly room in your office, besides this one is digital. You can use it to sketch out brainstorm concepts on the digital canvas. If you haven’t taken benefit of it but, right here’s how to use the Whiteboard in a Microsoft Teams assembly.
Table of Contents
How to Use the Whiteboard in a Microsoft Teams Meeting
The whiteboard characteristic is very like a customary whiteboard that you simply’d see in a classroom or the assembly room at your organization. You can draw on it, write on it, and use it to work on data collectively in a assembly.
The data added to a Teams whiteboard is saved in the cloud and is accessible to anybody with a Teams invite.
To use the whiteboard characteristic in Microsoft Teams:
- Launch the Microsoft Teams app and click on the Meetings icon on the left.
- When the Meetings display opens, you can begin a assembly instantly or schedule one for later.
- When the session begins, the members you despatched the invite or hyperlink to want to click on the Join now button.
- To deliver out the board, click on the Share Tray icon. Wait a second whereas options seem and click on the Microsoft Whiteboard possibility.
- The whiteboard ought to load up—you can begin drawing and extra. You can deliver up completely different thicknesses, types, and colours in the writing pens part. You may also add completely different shapes, emoticons, and different objects.
- Click the Options button subsequent to your profile button and choose keyboard shortcuts.
- That offers you an in depth record of various keyboard shortcuts for varied capabilities and navigation duties on the Whiteboard.
How to Export a Whiteboard Image in Teams
If you’ve labored on a whiteboard in a Teams assembly, you may want to reserve it for later. You can export the whiteboard picture to work on it later or to share it with others.
To export a Whiteboard in Microsoft Teams:
- In a Microsoft Team assembly, click on the Settings icon and select Export picture from the menu.
- Select the decision you need to save the picture at—you’re in a position to choose Standard or High decision.
- When you’re prepared, click on the Export button.
- Now the picture will export to your default Downloads folder. If you select Standard, the picture might be in the JPG format, whereas High will export it in the PNG format.
Collaborating in Microsoft Teams
Once you begin utilizing a whiteboard in a Teams assembly, you’ll begin to see how helpful it may be. You can then begin to use extra superior options, reminiscent of creating challenge templates for specialised conferences. As lengthy as all assembly contributors are on a secure connection, group sketching is responsive for everybody on a Teams name.
The whiteboard isn’t the one helpful characteristic obtainable for Microsoft Teams customers. So, for instance, you’ll be able to add Microsoft Teams to Outlook or create a staff with a template. It’s not restricted to sharing the whiteboard both—you’ll be able to share your PC display in Teams too.