There’s no direct means to ship music recordsdata from a Windows laptop to Apple units—iPhone, iPad, and iPod contact. You’ll want to use iTunes, cloud storage companies, or third-party information switch instruments.
We’ll present you ways to switch music from PC to iPhone utilizing iTunes and cloud companies. Even if you happen to’re a brand new iPhone person, you’ll discover the steps fairly simple.
Table of Contents
Transfer and Sync Music Wirelessly with iTunes
This technique requires an web connection—ideally Wi-Fi—on each units (PC and iPhone). Install the newest model of iTunes from Apple’s website or Microsoft Store and comply with the steps:
- Select Account on the menu bar and select Sign In.
- Enter your Apple ID electronic mail and password within the dialog bins and choose Sign In. Proceed to the following step when iTunes syncs and shows your music library.
- It’s important to have iCloud Music Library enabled on iTunes for this technique to work. So, choose Edit on the iTunes menu bar and choose Preferences. Use the Ctrl + comma (,) keyboard shortcut for faster entry.
- Head to the General tab, examine the iCloud Music Library field, and choose OK to save the change.
- Select File on the menu bar (within the top-left nook) and choose Add File to Library. Alternatively, press Ctrl + O to open the “Add to Library” window.
- Select the songs you need to switch and choose Open.
- iTunes will add the songs to your Apple Music library on all units linked to your Apple ID. Select the transferring circle icon subsequent to the search bar to examine the track add/switch progress.
- Select Recently Added within the “Library” part of the sidebar to view the songs in your music library.
Open your iPhone’s Music app, head to the Library tab, and examine the “Recently Added” part. You ought to see the songs you uploaded to the iCloud Music library on the checklist.
Transfer Music Using A Wired Connection
This technique doesn’t require an web connection. All you want is a USB cable and iTunes. The trick is to ship songs to your iPhone utilizing an middleman app.
One main draw back of sending music over a wired connection is that the songs don’t sync to your iCloud Music Library. Hence, you can not play them within the Apple Music app in your iPhone.
Connect your iPhone to your Windows PC utilizing a USB cable and comply with the steps under:
- Tap Allow in your iPhone to grant your PC entry to your media recordsdata.
- Launch iTunes and choose Continue on the authorization immediate.
- Next, unlock your iPhone, faucet Trust on the immediate, and enter your iPhone’s passcode.
Make certain you don’t skip steps two and three. Otherwise, you received’t have the opportunity to switch recordsdata out of your laptop to your iPhone. The subsequent step is to hyperlink your Apple ID or iCloud account to iTunes. Jump to step # in case your account is already linked to iTunes.
- Select the iPhone or Mobile Device icon subsequent to the media choice menu.
- Select File Sharing on the sidebar and choose the app that’ll act because the middleman between your PC and iPhone.
You can choose any app, however we advocate utilizing a media participant because the middleman or File Sharing app. The songs are added to the music library within the media participant app in your iPhone. We’ll use the VLC Media Player because the File Sharing app for this tutorial.
- Drag and drop the songs you need to switch to the [App] Documents part.
- Select Done to full the music switch.
iTunes will switch the songs to your iOS gadget as audio recordsdata. Use the Files app or third-party media gamers to entry the songs in your iPhone.
- Open the media participant to entry the songs. Alternatively, open the Files app, head to the Browse part, faucet On My iPhone, and open the app’s folder.
Say you selected Chrome because the file switch app (in step 5), open the Chrome folder within the Files app to entry the songs.
Use Cloud Services
You can even add songs to cloud storage companies after which entry them remotely in your iPhone. Use this technique provided that you’ll be sending just a few songs. Using cloud companies to switch your complete music library isn’t suggested. Except, after all, you’ve an infinite web plan.
Another draw back: you can not play songs transferred through cloud companies within the Apple Music app. You can play them within the cloud storage app or pay attention regionally through third-party media gamers.
We’ll present you ways to use Google Drive and Dropbox to copy songs from a Windows PC to your iPhone.
Transfer Music from PC to iPhone with Google Drive
Install the Google Drive app from the App Store, check in along with your Google account, and comply with the steps under:
- Open your PC’s net browser, check in to your Google Drive account, and add the track(s).
- Launch the Google Drive app in your iPhone and open the folder containing the songs you uploaded out of your PC. Tap a track to play it within the Google Drive app.
- To obtain a track to your iPhone, faucet the three-dot menu icon under the track and choose Open in.
- Tap Save to Files on the Action Menu.
- Select your media participant’s app folder and faucet Save. If you don’t have a media participant, save the file in a brand new or pre-existing folder.
Transfer Music from PC to iPhone with Dropbox
If your Google Drive storage quota is maxed out, Dropbox is an easy-to-use different. Install Dropbox in your iPhone, create a Dropbox account if you happen to don’t have one, and comply with these steps:
- Access your Dropbox account in your PC’s net browser and add the songs to your most well-liked folder.
- Launch the Dropbox app in your iPhone and open the songs folder. Tap the choose icon within the top-right nook and choose the songs you need to switch to your iPhone.
- Tap Export and choose Save to Files on the Action Menu.
- Wait for Dropbox to obtain the songs and save them to your most well-liked folder within the Files app.
Import Music to Your iPhone
Remember that the iPhone helps the next audio codecs: MP3, M4A, M4R, M4B, AAC, WAV, and AIFF. If your iPhone fails to play a track, it’s doubtless in an unsupported format. Convert the song to a appropriate format and resend it to your iPhone.
To copy music from iPhone to PC, you’ll want third-party file-sharing apps like Xender. Refer to this tutorial on transferring recordsdata from iPhone/Android to PC for complete directions.