If you’re an artist who’s been utilizing Procreate for iOS to make digital work, drawings, or graphic design, you recognize simply how helpful this system might be, with its array of brushes, brush settings, lettering talents, and extra.
However, there are some features that may’t be achieved solely via Procreate. So it will probably make sense to switch artwork from Procreate into one other program, resembling Adobe Photoshop, to create precisely the piece you’re envisioning. This method you are able to do compositing, use Photoshop brushes, or edit pixels in extra methods than you’ll be able to on Procreate.
The query is, what’s one of the best ways to switch artwork in Procreate to Photoshop? The makers of Procreate made this course of very straightforward, as you’ll be able to immediately export Procreate items as Photoshop-ready recordsdata, which work significantly better than utilizing file varieties like JPEG or PNG. In this tutorial we’ll train you the way to do that rapidly and simply.
Table of Contents
How to Export Art in Procreate to Photoshop
In order to edit all components of your Procreate piece in Photoshop successfully, you’ll need to export your Procreate piece as a PSD file, or Photoshop file. This could be very easy to do in Procreate.
- In the top-left nook, click on on the wrench icon to open the Action menu.
- Tap on the Share tab.
- Under Share Image, faucet on PSD.
- Your art work will export as this file sort.
Now, you’ll want to get this PSD file out of your iPad gadget and into Photoshop (assuming you’re utilizing the desktop model. If not, you’ll be able to simply faucet on the Photoshop app in the export display of Procreate to ship your artwork there.)
To do that on Mac, you’ll be able to Airdrop the file to your laptop.
To do that on Windows, you’ll want to have Dropbox in your iPad and laptop. This will enable you to share the file throughout each gadgets. You can obtain Dropbox for iPad on the App Store, and on their website for PC.
Once downloaded, observe these directions:
- Export your Procreate picture to PSD as in the steps above.
- In the ultimate export display, faucet on the Dropbox app.
- Choose which folder you need to save to, after which faucet Save.
Now, you’ll be able to go onto your desktop to entry your PSD file from Dropbox. Save it to your laptop, and observe these steps.
- Open Photoshop, and click on on File > Open.
- Locate your saved PSD file and click on Open.
- Your Procreate PSD file will open in Photoshop, and you may edit it from there.
The layers you had been engaged on in Procreate can even seem in Photoshop with a PSD file. This makes retouching your Procreate pictures very straightforward and will help your workflow.
How to Import a PSD File Into Procreate
Besides exporting a PSD file from Procreate, it’s also possible to import one into this system, with your layers intact. You could not have all the identical options as on Photoshop, however you’ll be able to nonetheless work on the mission equally. Here’s how to get a PSD file into Procreate.
- On Photoshop, have the picture you’re engaged on saved as a PSD, by going to File > Save As and alter the file sort to PSD. Then choose Save.
- Open Dropbox in your PC, and add your PSD file from Photoshop.
- Now, in your iPad, open Dropbox. Tap on the PSD file you saved, and faucet on the three dots in the higher proper nook.
- Tap on Share > Export File. Then faucet on the Procreate icon.
- After it has exported, open Procreate. Wait for the picture to import, and also you’ll have the option to faucet on it in your gallery.
- It will then open in Procreate, and you need to use the identical layers as in Photoshop.
This method, you’ll be able to work on Photoshop tasks like digital illustrations on the go, which may make engaged on bigger tasks a lot simpler. You may use Procreate brushes you could not have entry to in Photoshop.
Transfer Art Into Photoshop to Finish Projects
Procreate is a good app by itself, however utilizing Photoshop and Procreate collectively can enable you to create extra high-quality digital artwork. By utilizing the hand drawing potential of the Procreate app in addition to the industry-standard picture enhancing options of Photoshop, you’ll be able to create some actually nice digital drawings and artwork. Using the steps above you’ll be able to transfer via this studying curve of utilizing each applications in tandem and effectively work in your items with confidence.