If you’re unable to set up third-party Apps in your pc, it may be in S Mode (Security Mode). You can discover under the steps to disable or swap OFF S Mode in Windows 11.
Turn OFF S Mode on Windows 11 Computer
When you purchase a brand new pc, you could have the choice to go for a pc with Windows 11 in S mode or an everyday Windows 11 pc.
The important distinction between the 2 is that Windows 11 S Mode enhances the safety of your machine by limiting App downloads to Microsoft Store, successfully blocking set up of all third-party Apps & Programs in your pc.
This additionally implies that you gained’t have the ability to set up Google Chrome in your pc and all of your searching will likely be restricted to the default Microsoft Edge Browser.
However, when you want utilizing Google Chrome or need to set up third-party apps, Microsoft supplies the choice to disable S Mode in your pc.
1. Steps to Disable S Mode in Windows 11
Before going forward with the steps to swap your pc from S Mode to common Windows 11, you want to remember that the change is everlasting and also you gained’t have the ability to return to S Mode once more.
1. Click on Windows Start button > Settings > choose the System Tab in left-pane. In the right-pane, scroll down and click on on the About possibility.
2. On About display screen, scroll down and click on on Product key and Activation tab, situated below Related Settings.
3. On the subsequent display screen, develop the S Mode entry and click on on Open Store button.
If you aren’t signed-in to Microsoft Account, you may be prompted to Sign-in to Windows Store utilizing your Microsoft Account.
4. On the subsequent display screen, click on on the Get button to swap your pc out of S Mode.
5. Once S Mode is switched OFF, you will note a pop-up, confirming that S Mode has been switched OFF and now you can set up Apps from outdoors Microsoft Store in your pc.
Click on the Close button to dismiss the pop-up and you’re all set to Install Chrome, Firefox and different third-party Apps in your pc.