Microsoft Teams is among the hottest apps amongst professionals & college students to talk with each other. So, when the applying is made to run within the background, it gained’t have an effect on the performance of the PC or the app itself. It will solely show a small window on the backside proper nook while you obtain a name. However, if Microsoft Teams pops up on the display screen even when it’s minimized, then it’s a drawback. So, if you’re encountering pointless pop-ups, then learn how to cease Microsoft Teams pop up notifications under.
How to Stop Microsoft Teams Pop up Notifications
Microsoft Teams, Skype, and Microsoft Office 365 have been built-in to present a greater consumer expertise.
- Thus, while you obtain a name, message, or if somebody talked about you in a chat in Teams, you’ll get a toast message on the backside nook of the display screen.
- Moreover, a badge is added to the Microsoft Teams icon within the taskbar.
Often, it pops up on the display screen over different apps which might be an annoying problem for a lot of. Hence, comply with the strategies listed under to cease Microsoft Teams pop up notifications.
Method 1: Change Status to Do Not Disturb
Setting your Teams standing to Do Not Disturb (DND) will solely permit notifications from precedence contacts and keep away from pop ups.
1. Open the Microsoft Teams app and click on on the Profile Picture on the high proper nook of the display screen.
2. Then, click on on the drop-down arrow subsequent to present standing (For instance – Available), as proven.
3. Here, choose Do not disturb from the drop-down record.
Also Read: How To Set Microsoft Teams Status As Always Available
Method 2: Turn Off Notifications
You can simply flip off the notifications to stop getting pop-ups on the display screen. Follow the under directions to cease Microsoft Teams pop up notifications:
1. Launch Microsoft Teams in your system.
2. Click on the horizontal three-dotted icon beside the Profile image.
3. Select the Settings choice, as proven.
4. Then, go to the Notifications tab.
5. Select the Custom choice, as proven under.
6. Here, choose the Off choice from the drop-down record for all of the classes, you don’t eish to obtain notifications about.
Note: We have turned Off the Likes and reactions class for example.
7. Now, return to Notification settings.
8. Click the Edit button subsequent to the Chat choice, as proven highlighted.
9. Again, choose the Off choice for every class that’s troubling you.
Note: We have turned Off the Likes and response class for illustration functions.
10. Repeat Steps 8- 9 to flip off notifications for classes like Meetings and calls, People, and Other.
Also Read: How to Change Microsoft Teams Profile Avatar
Method 3: Stop Channel Notifications
Here’s how to cease Microsoft Teams from popping up notifications by stopping the notifications of a selected busy channel:
1. Launch Microsoft Teams in your PC.
2. Right-click on the particular channel.
3. Hover to Channel notifications and choose Off from the given choices given, as proven highlighted.
Note: Select Custom if you would like to flip off particular classes.
Method 4: Disable Teams as Default Chat Tool
The builders of Microsoft Teams have developed a couple of options to resolve Microsoft Teams pop up problem on Windows PC. Follow the given steps to disable auto-start of Teams desktop app:
1. Launch Microsoft Teams and go to Settings as earlier.
2. Uncheck the next choices within the General tab.
- Auto-start utility
- Register Teams because the chat app for Office
3. Close the Microsoft Teams app.
If the Teams app doesn’t shut then comply with the under steps.
4. Now, right-click on the Microsoft Teams icon within the taskbar.
5. Select Quit to utterly shut Microsoft Teams app.
6. Now, open Microsoft Teams once more.
Also Read: Fix Microsoft Teams Keeps Restarting
How to Stop Microsoft Teams from Popping up
Follow the given strategies to cease Microsoft Teams from popping up unexpectedly.
Method 1. Disable Teams from Startup
You would have seen Teams routinely pop-up when you flip in your machine. This is due to the startup program settings in your PC. You can simply disable this program from startup implementing both of the next two strategies.
Option 1: Via Windows Settings
1. Press Windows + I keys concurrently to open Settings.
2. Select the Apps settings, as proven.
3. Click on the Startup choice within the left pane.
4. Switch Off the toggle subsequent to Microsoft Teams as depicted under.
Option 2: Via Task Manager
Disabling Microsoft Teams in Task Manager is an environment friendly methodology on how to cease Microsoft Teams from popping up.
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys concurrently to launch Task Manager.
2. Switch to the Startup tab and choose Microsoft Teams.
3. Click Disable button from the underside of the display screen, as proven highlighted.
Also Read: How to Enable Camera on Omegle
Method 2: Update Microsoft Teams
The main troubleshooting methodology to resolve any problem is updating the respective app. Therefore, updating Microsoft Teams would assist to cease Microsoft Teams from popping up.
1. Launch Microsoft Teams and click on on the horizontal three-dotted icon as proven.
2. Click on Check for updates, as depicted.
3A. If the applying is up-to-date, then the banner on the high will shut itself.
3B. If Microsoft Teams will get up to date, then it is going to present an choice with Please refresh now hyperlink. Click on it.
4. Now, wait until Microsoft Team restarts and start utilizing it once more.
Also Read: How to Fix Microsoft Store Not Opening on Windows 11
Method 3: Update Outlook
Microsoft Teams is built-in with Microsoft Outlook & Office 365. Therefore, any drawback with Outlook may trigger points in Microsoft Teams. Updating Outlook, as defined under, may assist:
1. Open MS Outlook in your Windows PC.
2. Click File within the menu bar.
3. Then, click on Office Account on the underside left nook.
4. Then, click on Update Options beneath Product Information.
5. Select the choice Update Now and comply with the prompts to replace.
Note: If the replace now’s disabled, then there aren’t any new updates accessible.
Also Read: How to Change Country in Microsoft Store in Windows 11
Method 4: Modify Teams Registry
The adjustments made by this methodology will probably be everlasting. Follow the given directions rigorously.
1. Press Windows + R keys collectively to open Run dialog field.
2. Type regedit and press Enter key to launch Registry Editor.
3. Click Yes in UAC immediate.
4. Navigate to the next path:
5. Right-click on com.squirrel.Teams.Teams and choose Delete, as illustrated under. Restart your PC.
Also Read: Fix Microsoft Teams Microphone Not Working on Windows 10
Method 5: Reinstall Microsoft Teams
Uninstalling and putting in Teams once more will assist in fixing Microsoft Teams pop up problem. Follow the under steps to accomplish that:
1. Go to Settings > Apps as earlier than.
2. In Apps & options window, click on on Microsoft Teams after which choose Uninstall, as illustrated under.
3. Click Uninstall within the pop-up to verify. Restart your PC.
4. Download Microsoft Teams from its official web site.
5. Open the executable file and comply with the onscreen directions to full the set up course of.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q1. What is Microsoft Teams toast notification?
Ans. Microsoft Teams will show the toast message while you obtain a name, message, or when somebody mentions you in a message. It will probably be displayed on the backside proper nook of the display screen, even when the consumer just isn’t utilizing the app at the moment.
Q2. Is it attainable to flip off Microsoft Teams toast notification?
Ans. Yes, you possibly can flip off the toast notification in Settings. Switch Off the toggle for the choice Show message preview within the Notifications settings, as proven.
We hope this information on how to cease Microsoft Teams from popping up would have helped you to cease Microsoft Teams pop up notifications. Let us know which of the strategies talked about above helped you the very best. Drop your queries and solutions within the remark part under.