The onset of a worldwide pandemic and a lockdown in 2020 introduced alongside a meteoric rise within the utilization of video conferencing purposes, most notably, Zoom. Along with Zoom, purposes equivalent to Microsoft Teams additionally noticed a rise in on a regular basis use. This free collaborative program is out there within the type of a desktop shopper, a cell utility for each Android & IOS gadgets, and even on the net. Microsoft Teams presents an automated characteristic of opening on PC startup. This characteristic is beneficial as you do not want to open the app whenever you begin your system. But, typically this characteristic might have an effect on your system boot and will decelerate your PC. We deliver to you a useful information that can educate you ways to cease Microsoft Teams from opening on startup and the way to disable Microsoft Teams Auto Launch on Windows 10.
How to Stop Microsoft Teams from Opening on Startup on Windows 10
As of April 2021, Microsoft reported a each day lively person rely of over 145 million for Microsoft Teams. It grew to become an official a part of all of the Office 365 packages and has garnered quite a lot of constructive evaluations from small and huge enterprises, alike. Like any conferencing utility, it presents options like;
- particular person in addition to group audio & video calls,
- desktop sharing,
- collectively mode,
- importing & downloading of information,
- group calendar, and many others.
The better part is that you could merely log in from an current Microsoft account, with out having to keep in mind one other absurdly difficult password.
Why Disable Teams Auto-Launch on Startup on Windows 10?
- For as nice as it might be, there’s a standard criticism about its auto launch characteristic on PC startup because it takes a toll on the general system boot time.
- Apart from beginning robotically, Teams can be notoriously identified for staying lively within the background.
Note: If the appliance is prevented from working within the background, you may expertise a delay within the message notifications or it’s possible you’ll not obtain them in any respect.
Pro Tip: Update Microsoft Teams Before Disabling Auto-Launch Feature
Sometimes, Teams auto-start characteristic gained’t disable even whenever you did it manually. This is perhaps due to the outdated model of Teams. Follow these steps to replace Microsoft Teams after which, disable Microsoft Teams auto launch on Windows 10:
1. Launch Microsoft Teams and click on the three-dotted icon.
2. Select the Check for updates possibility, as proven.
3. Microsoft Teams will robotically replace, if there may be any replace accessible.
4. Follow any of the given strategies to disable the auto-start characteristic.
Also Read: How To Set Microsoft Teams Status As Always Available
Method 1: Through Teams General Settings
Luckily, Microsoft included the choice to disable Auto-Start from the Teams utility setting itself. Follow the beneath steps to achieve this:
1. Hit the Windows key and kind Microsoft Teams, then click on on Open, as proven.
2. Click on the three-dotted icon close to your Profile icon and select Settings as depicted.
Note: Another fast manner to disable Teams Auto-Start settings is to right-click on the appliance icon within the Taskbar and go to Settings.
3. Go to the General settings tab, and uncheck the next choices to stop Teams from working within the background and draining your laptop computer battery:
- Auto-start utility
- Open the appliance within the background
- On shut, hold the appliance working
Also Read: How to Stop Microsoft Teams Pop up Notifications
Method 2: Through Task Manager
In earlier variations of Windows OS, all startup purposes and their related actions could possibly be discovered within the System Configuration utility. However, the Startup utility settings have since been moved to the Task Manager. As earlier than, you can even disable Microsoft Teams Auto launch on Windows 10 from right here.
1. Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys concurrently to open Task Manager.
2. Navigate to the Startup tab.
Note: Click on More particulars possibility to view Task Manager intimately.
3. Locate Microsoft Teams, right-click on it, and select Disable from the menu.
Method 3: Through Windows Settings
The checklist of Startup purposes displayed within the Task Manager may also be present in Windows Settings. Here’s how to cease Microsoft Teams from opening on startup by Windows Settings:
1. Press Windows + I keys collectively to launch Windows Settings.
2. Click Apps settings as highlighted beneath.
3. Go to the Startup settings menu within the left pane.
4. Locate Microsoft Teams and swap Off the toggle for the app.
Note: You can type the purposes alphabetically or based mostly on their Startup affect.
Also Read: Fix Microsoft Teams Keeps Restarting
Method 4: Through Registry Editor
When Microsoft Teams first began to be bundled with the Office 365 suite, there was no straightforward manner to stop it from auto-starting. For some cause, the appliance couldn’t be discovered within the checklist of Windows startup purposes and the one manner to disable it from beginning robotically was to delete this system registry entry.
Note: We advise you to be extraordinarily cautious when modifying Windows registry as any mishaps can lead to a higher variety of points, even some critical ones.
1. Press Windows key + R to launch Run dialog field,
2. Type regedit, and hit Enter key to launch Registry Editor.
3. Click on Yes within the ensuing User Account Control immediate to proceed.
4. Navigate to the situation path given beneath from the handle bar:
5. On the best pane, right-click on com.squirrel.Teams.Teams (i.e. the Microsoft Teams worth) and choose Delete possibility, proven highlighted.
Q1. How do I shut down Microsoft Teams?
Ans. Microsoft Teams is a kind of purposes that stays lively even after clicking on the X (shut) button. To fully shut down Teams, right-click on its icon within the Taskbar and select Quit. Also, disable the On Close, hold the appliance working characteristic from Teams settings so the subsequent time you click on on X, the appliance will shut down fully.
Hope the above strategies helped you be taught how to cease Microsoft Teams from opening on startup. Also, when you have any queries/options relating to this text, then be happy to drop them within the feedback part.