Are you desirous about launching your individual podcast? If so, Spotify is a good spot to construct an viewers for it. Here’s how to launch a Spotify podcast.
It’s no exaggeration to state that Spotify has modified how we devour music. While it wasn’t the primary music streaming platform, it stays one of many largest music streaming platforms on the earth.
There’s extra to Spotify than music streaming, nevertheless. Spotify additionally permits you to stream podcasts, and you’ll even add your very personal podcast to Spotify.
If you’re desirous about launching a podcast of your individual, then learn on to find out how to begin a podcast on Spotify.
Table of Contents
Ensure Your Podcast Meets Spotify’s Requirements
Before you begin the method, it’s vital that your podcast meets a set of necessities to be featured on Spotify.
To launch a Spotify podcast, you want to guarantee your podcast has:
- A excessive bitrate MP3 format (128 kbps or increased) or MP4 with AAC-LC.
- No longer than 12 hours per episode.
- High-quality sq. podcast photos with a 1:1 facet ratio in TIFF, PNG, or JPEG format.
Uploading Your Podcast to a Podcast Hosting Platform
Spotify doesn’t host podcasts itself—it merely offers entry to podcasts which might be hosted elsewhere. If your podcast isn’t already hosted someplace, you’ll want to set that up first.
If you’re searching for a free service that may undoubtedly work with Spotify, then you may want to contemplate Anchor.fm. This is Spotify’s personal free podcasting platform that permits you to add, distribute, and even monetize your podcast.
There are many choices to select from, nevertheless. Spotify will settle for podcasts from a wide selection of well-liked podcast internet hosting websites, together with Acast, Buzzsprout, Audioboom, Podbean, and Transistor. You’ll want to use a host that gives RSS feed hyperlinks, however most podcast internet hosting websites will achieve this.
How to Add Your Podcast to Spotify
Once your podcast is about up on a podcast internet hosting website, you’ll be able to add it to Spotify.
To add your podcast to Spotify:
- Open the Spotify for Podcasters web site in your browser.
- If you don’t have an account, click on on Sign Up For Spotify and enter your particulars.
- Click Get Started and check in to your Spotify account.
- Enter the hyperlink to your podcast’s RSS feed. You’ll have the ability to discover this on your podcast internet hosting website.
- If your hyperlink is legitimate, you’ll have the ability to click on on Next on the backside of the display.
- Click on Send Code and an 8-digit code will probably be despatched to the e-mail tackle related along with your RSS feed.
- Once you obtain the code, enter it and click on Next. The code will solely be legitimate for an hour.
- Enter your podcast particulars, together with language, class, and internet hosting service, then click on Next.
- Check that your particulars are appropriate, after which click on Submit.
Once you’ve submitted your podcast, you’ll want to look ahead to it to be verified by Spotify. This can take something from a few hours to a day. Once your podcast is verified, it will likely be reside on Spotify for anybody to discover and stream by way of the platform.
The excellent news is that after you know the way to begin a podcast on Spotify, you don’t want to fear about including extra content material. As you add new episodes to your podcast internet hosting website, these will mechanically be picked up by way of your RSS feed and added to Spotify.
Making the Most of Spotify
Now you know the way to begin a podcast on Spotify, you’ll need to make sure that you realize to take advantage of the music streaming app.
You can find out how to pay attention to Spotify with mates in order that they may give you suggestions on your podcast. In order to achieve this, you’ll want to understand how to add mates on Spotify within the first place. You may even hold monitor of what you’ve been itemizing to if you know the way to view your Spotify listening historical past.
Just make sure that it’s not all your individual podcast.