The Windows 11 taskbar will conceal sure operating apps in the taskbar nook overflow. To make all operating apps seen, observe this information.
Windows 11, by default, shows a couple of app and system icons in the bottom-left nook (often called the system tray). Not all icons are seen, nonetheless, with hidden app icons now showing in the taskbar nook overflow space. This is made seen whenever you press the up arrow in that space.
Hiding icons creates a clutter-free taskbar, however you may want to present all icons in the taskbar nook overflow. If that’s the case, you’ll want to make some adjustments to your settings. If you need to present all taskbar nook overflow icons in Windows 11, observe these steps.
Table of Contents
How to Show Taskbar Corner Overflow Icons in Windows 11
Most app and system icons in the system tray are hidden on Windows 11. You can discover hidden icons by clicking the up arrow icon in the taskbar notification space.
The flyout menu that shows hidden icons is the taskbar nook overflow menu.
To make the taskbar show the entire app icons in the system tray, use the next steps:
- Click the Start button or press your Windows key, then click on Settings. Alternately, you should use the keyboard shortcut Windows key + I to open Settings instantly.
- In the Settings menu, choose Personalization from the checklist on the fitting, then Taskbar on the left. Alternatively, right-click an empty space of the taskbar and press Taskbar settings.
- Next, scroll down by the Taskbar settings menu and click on the Taskbar nook overflow choice. You’ll see a listing of icons which can be current—toggle the slider subsequent to any apps you need to show on the taskbar.
- If you don’t need the up arrow to seem on the taskbar, activate the entire apps. Your notification space will then appear like the one proven beneath.
That’s all there may be to it. The icons you activate will present up in the notification space on the taskbar. The ones you permit off will nonetheless reside in the Taskbar nook overflow menu.
How to Show Taskbar App Icons with Drag and Drop
Another manner to show app icons on the taskbar is through the drag and drop technique. You can drag gadgets out of the overflow menu to make them seen.
To do that:
- Click the up arrow icon to show app icons in the Taskbar nook overflow part.
- Press and maintain the app icon you need to make seen, then drag and drop the icon close to different gadgets on the taskbar.
The drag and drop technique could be extra easy should you simply need an app icon or two to present in the notification space. It means you don’t have to work your manner by a number of menus in Settings.
How to Use Classic Notification Area Settings to Modify Taskbar Icons
You also can use the older settings menu (seen in Windows 10 and different variations) to configure your taskbar notifications settings. To do that:
- Press Windows key + R in your keyboard to open the Run dialog field.
- Next, copy and paste the next command, then hit Enter or click on OK:
- The traditional Notification Area Icons menu will seem. To flip all app notifications off, click on the Always present all icons and notifications on the taskbar field, then click on OK.
- To handle apps individually, uncheck the Always present all icons and notifications on the taskbar and undergo every app to decide the way you need it to seem utilizing the Behaviors drop-down menu.
Customizing the Taskbar in Windows 11
Using the steps above, you possibly can customise the taskbar to present (or conceal) all taskbar overflow icons on a Windows 11 PC. If you need easy accessibility to any operating app, be sure that to present your whole icons, however solely so long as you could have the display actual property to achieve this.
You can customise your taskbar additional. For instance, should you don’t like the brand new Start button place on Windows 11, you possibly can transfer it to the left nook. If you’re not a fan of Widgets, you possibly can take away the Widgets button from the taskbar totally.