If you’ve gotten a printer that’s hardwired into your PC, you may want to share it. Here’s how to share a printer on Windows 11.
You might need a wired printer on a explicit PC in your property or workplace atmosphere and wish to share the printer with different customers on the community. If you’ve gotten a wi-fi printer, it connects to your community and might share itself with totally different PCs that join to the identical community.
However, you would possibly nonetheless have a setup the place you want to share a explicit printer that’s wired to a PC. In that case, we’ll present you the way to share a printer from Windows 11 beneath.
Table of Contents
How to Enable File and Printer Sharing on Windows 11
Before establishing a shared printer, you want to go to the Network and Sharing Center and activate the file and printer sharing choice.
To allow file and printer sharing on Windows 11:
- Open the Start menu and kind cpl or management panel.
- Select Control Panel from the Best Match outcome.
- Make certain the View by choice is ready to Category and click on the View community standing and duties hyperlink.
- Next, click on the Change superior sharing settings hyperlink on the left.
- Now, you need to broaden the Network discovery part and be sure that Turn on Network discovery and Turn on file and printer sharing is enabled.
- Click the Save adjustments button on the backside for the settings to take impact.
How to Share a Printer in Windows 11
There are a couple of the way to share your printer from Windows 11. First, we’ll take a take a look at doing it by way of the Settings app.
You can share a printer from Windows 11 utilizing the next steps:
- Click Start or hit the Windows key and open Settings. You can even hit Windows key + I to open it instantly.
- When the Settings app opens, click on on Bluetooth & gadgets and choose the Printers & scanners choice on the proper.
- Next, click on on the printer you need to share.
- Next, click on on the Printer properties choice on the next display screen.
- When the Printer Properties window opens, click on the Sharing tab. Check the Share this printer field and provides the printer a title that makes it simple to keep in mind and handle in the longer term. When executed, click on Apply and OK from the underside of the display screen.
How to Share a Printer by way of Control Panel on Windows 11
You can even share a printer utilizing the Control Panel in Windows 11 by following these steps:
- Click Start or hit the Windows key, kind cpl, and open Control Panel.
- When Control Panel opens, be certain that View by is ready to Category, and click on the View gadgets and printers hyperlink.
- Right-click the printer you need to share and choose Printer properties from the menu.
- Select the Sharing tab on the high, verify the Share this printer field, and kind in a share title. When executed, click on Apply and OK to share the printer.
- Now that the printer is shared, you’ll be able to join to it from different PCs on the community. To do that, open File Explorer and choose the Network folder.
- Right-click the shared printer and choose Connect from the menu.
Printing on Windows 11
With PDFs, shared paperwork, and e-mail, printing exhausting copies aren’t as important because it used to be. However, Windows 11 nonetheless has print functionality built-in, and if you happen to want to share a printer, you continue to can. Not on Windows 11 but? You can even share a printer from Windows 10.
If you’re having a drawback with a printer, you may want to take a take a look at fixing a printer driver is unavailable error. Check out the Nearby Sharing choice if you happen to want to share a doc with somebody in the workplace or one other room. It works with Windows 10 and Windows 11 and saves you from printing a exhausting copy.