While now we have many premium safety suites for Windows as of late, the query is, do we’d like them? Windows 10 and Windows 11 working methods ship with a Windows defender safety suite that shields your PC/Laptop from recognized and unknown safety threats.
Many customers consider that Windows safety will not be as dependable because the third-party safety packages, however it’s a delusion. Microsoft’s Windows Security software is fairly highly effective and dependable because the third-party choice. It can defend your laptop from malware and viruses and supply your PC with a stable protection towards rising ransomware assaults.
Other than that, Windows safety gives extra options equivalent to periodic scanning, managed folder entry, tamper safety, remoted looking, and extra. One characteristic of Windows safety that always goes unnoticed is the flexibility to scan a single file or folder saved on the HDD/SSD.
If you think that a single file or a folder has a virus or malware, as a substitute of scanning your complete system, you possibly can pressure Windows Security to scan solely the chosen explicit file/folder. Hence, if you’re on the lookout for methods to scan a single file or folder with Windows Security, you may have landed on the best web page.
Steps to Scan a Single File or Folder With Windows Security
This article will share a step-by-step information on scanning a single file or folder with Windows safety in Windows 11. The steps will probably be quick; observe them as talked about.
1) Run a Custom Scan from Windows Security App
We will use the Windows Security app to scan a single file or folder on this technique. Here are among the easy steps you want to observe.
1. First, click on on the Windows 11 search and sort in Windows Security. Next, open the Windows Security app from the record.
2. On the Windows Security app, click on on the Virus & menace safety choice under.
3. On the best pane, click on on the Scan choices hyperlink beneath the Current Threats part.
4. On the Scan choices web page, scroll down and choose the Custom Scan choice. Next, click on on the Scan now button.
5. You will probably be requested to choose the file or folder you need to scan. Select the folder you need to scan.
Note: You can’t choose information. If you need to scan a explicit file, you want to transfer the file to a folder after which choose that folder on the Windows Security app.
6. Now click on on the Select Folder button, and the Windows Security app will run the Scan.
That’s it! You are finished. This is how one can scan a single file or folder in Windows 11 through the Windows Security app.
If you employ Windows Security because the default safety app on Windows 11, you possibly can run a customized scan through the Context menu. Here’s how to scan a single file or folder through the Context menu on Windows 11.
1. First of all, find the file or folder you need to scan.
2. Right-click on the File or folder and choose Show extra choices.
3. Click on the Scan with Microsoft Defender choice on the Classic context menu.
4. The Windows Security app will instantly scan the chosen file or folder.
That’s it! You are finished. This is how one can run a customized scan on Windows 11 through Windows Security app.
Windows Security is a very sturdy safety software that each person ought to use. So, these are the 2 greatest methods to scan a single file or folder in Windows 11. Compared to Full Scans, the Quick scans on Windows 11 take much less time to full.