You can customise your lock display and background photographs utilizing Microsoft’s Spotlight assortment. If you need to save these photographs to use elsewhere, right here’s what you’ll want to do.
Windows 11 has a personalization characteristic referred to as the Spotlight assortment—a set of various photographs that present up within the Lock Screen (and shortly obtainable as desktop backgrounds).
If you just like the look of any of the pictures, you possibly can obtain and save them. You can then use the downloaded Spotlight assortment photographs as everlasting desktop backgrounds or Lock Screen photographs.
If you need to obtain Spotlight assortment photographs on a Windows 11 PC, right here’s what you’ll want to do.
Table of Contents
How to Download Spotlight Images on Windows 11
To obtain Spotlight photographs on Windows 11, comply with these steps:
- Use the keyboard shortcut Windows key + R to open the Run dialog field.
- Copy and paste the next path into the Run field, then click on OK or press Enter:
- When the Assets folder opens, click on Sort > More > Size from the command bar on the high.
- For finest outcomes, choose recordsdata which might be over 500 KB within the folder.
- Right-click the recordsdata and select Copy from the menu or hit Ctrl + C on the keyboard. The recordsdata aren’t viewable at this stage, however you’ll have the ability to convert them later.
- While you could possibly rename the recordsdata within the Assets folder to .jpg or .png immediately, it’s not really helpful, because it may end in your present desktop or Lock display picture turning black. Also, observe that a lot of the Spotlight photographs are 1920 by 1080 in dimension, so you probably have a 4K monitor, they may not look that nice.
- Open one other File Explorer window and browse to the Pictures folder (or create a brand new folder in a handy location).
- Click New > Folder to create a brand new folder within the Pictures folder. Give it a reputation that helps you establish the pictures (eg. Spotlight).
- Open the Spotlight folder you simply created, right-click inside it, then choose Paste from the menu. Alternatively, press Ctrl + V on the keyboard.
- Right-click a file you’ve pasted into the folder and click on Rename.
- Add .jpg or .png to the top of the file identify, then press Enter to reserve it.
Viewing Spotlight Collection Images
By including a picture file extension, the Spotlight assortment photographs at the moment are seen and useable. For instance, you could possibly resolve to use them as a desktop wallpaper or as a everlasting Lock Screen picture.
If you need to view the file, double-click it to open it with Windows Photo Viewer (default) or one other picture app.
Using Spotlight Collection Images on Windows 11
Spotlight assortment photographs have been obtainable as a personalization choice for backgrounds beginning with build 22518. Users on an earlier model ought to have Windows Spotlight enabled for the Lock display by default.
If you haven’t seen these photographs on your Windows 11 system but, go to Settings > Personalization > Lock display and ensure the Personalize your lock display is ready to Windows highlight.
Customizing Windows 11 Features
The steps above ought to aid you to save Spotlight assortment photographs to use elsewhere. If you fancy utilizing a picture as a everlasting background, as an illustration, you possibly can bypass the others and reserve it out of your secret Assets folder utilizing the steps above.
If you want to customise the appear and feel of your PC, strive enabling darkish mode on Windows 11. You may additionally be concerned with altering the Start menu and Taskbar colours.
Not on Windows 11 but? You may also save Windows 10 Spotlight photographs in a lot the identical means.