There are some ways you’ll be able to boost a video utilizing modifying methods, and a well-liked impact utilized in numerous tasks is a video reverse. You might have seen this used some other place and wish to recreate it your self. Thankfully, doing that is fairly simple when you’re utilizing video modifying software program like Adobe Premiere Pro.
Once you know the way to reverse a video, you will get artistic and make it your personal. This impact is nice for one thing like music videos or when you’re doing every other form of extra inventive modifying. In this text, you’ll learn to reverse any video clip and the best way to incorporate it into your modifying undertaking.
Table of Contents
How To Reverse a Video Clip
Before beginning, be sure to import the video clip(s) you wish to reverse into your undertaking. You can do that by going to the Media Browser and choosing the clips you wish to use. After placing them into your timeline, you’ll be able to then begin reversing any video clip you need.
- Find the clip in your timeline that you simply wish to reverse and right-click on it.
- Select the Speed/Duration possibility.
- A small window will seem. You will see choices for Speed, Duration, and a few choices you’ll be able to choose. To reverse your video, verify the Reverse Speed field.
- You may also change the velocity of your video with a share worth subsequent to the Speed possibility. You can click on and drag to the best to hurry up the video and to the left to sluggish it down or double-click to enter a worth.
- If you know the way lengthy you need the clip to be, you’ll be able to set the length as a substitute. Next to the Duration possibility, change the time worth by clicking and dragging or coming into a Speed worth. Select OK.
Premiere additionally robotically reverses the audio on the clip to match up with it. However, you’ll be able to all the time delete the audio or add music or voice-overs to switch it if you want.
How To Reverse Part of a Clip
With Adobe Premiere, you’ll be able to reverse a part of a complete clip too. There are simply a few extra steps within the course of.
- Select the Razor device after you add the clip you wish to reverse.
- Find the second within the clip the place you need it to begin reversing and make a minimize there.
The subsequent step relies on your required impact.
To create a boomerang impact:
- Delete the remainder of the clip, after which right-click on the remaining half and choose Copy.
- Move the blue timeline cursor to the tip of the remaining clip. Go to Edit > Paste to insert a copy of the clip.
- Right-click on it and choose Speed/Duration and verify off Reverse Speed, and choose OK.
For the alternative of a boomerang impact:
- Right-click on the primary clip that was copied and go to Speed/Duration.
- Check off Reverse Speed and choose OK.
To cease the clip for a second, then have that portion reverse:
- Delete the a part of the clip you don’t wish to use. Then, put your timeline cursor on the final body of the clip (you’ll be able to transfer frame-by-frame by utilizing the left and proper arrow keys), and right-click on it.
- Select Add Frame Hold. Make certain it’s positioned proper after the clip you’re utilizing. You can prolong the maintain size by placing your mouse on the finish of it till you see a purple arrow icon, then click on and drag it out.
- Right-click on the unique first clip and choose Copy. Move the cursor to the best after the frame-hold clip after which go to Edit > Paste.
- Right-click on the copied clip and go to Speed/Duration, and verify off Reverse Speed. Then choose OK.
The results you add from the Speed/Duration window might be utilized after you choose OK. Then, replay your edited video to ensure it seems to be the way in which you need it. If it’s essential to re-edit, you’ll be able to all the time return to the Speed/Duration window to take action.
How To Remove a Reversal
If you resolve you don’t like how the reverse video footage seems to be, you’ll be able to take away this impact from the video, and it’ll return to regular.
- Find the clip you’ve reversed. It’s simple to search out because the fx icon may have turned yellow.
- Right-click on the clip and go to Speed/Duration.
- In the Speed/Duration window, uncheck Reverse Speed.
- Select OK to take away the reversal.
These steps are a superb solution to un-reverse a video you probably have different results you don’t wish to lose. If you want to begin over with the clip, although, you possibly can additionally delete it completely from the timeline and insert the unique clip from the Project panel.
Reverse a Video for Visual Impact
The reverse impact has been round in video editing for a very long time, and it may be useful for many various functions. For occasion, you’ll be able to create a reverse timeline of an occasion or simply reverse a video for comedic impact. Try it out in your video modifying undertaking to rapidly add some aptitude and intrigue.
Tell us about the way you used this method in a remark under.