Those who’ve been utilizing Windows for some time could know that generally the working system lags. At instances, the Start Menu, Taskbar, and all appear to freeze. To resolve this downside, customers often have to restart their computer systems.
Generally, a easy restart may repair most system-related issues, together with lags & freezes. However, what if I inform you that you can repair particular issues on your Windows PC with out restarting it?
When you are feeling tempted to restart your PC, as an alternative of restarting your whole PC from the ability menu, you may simply restart the Windows Explorer course of. For those that don’t know, Windows Explorer is principally a program supervisor course of that gives a graphical interface you employ to work together with a lot of the Windows.
It is a course of that’s answerable for beginning and displaying a lot of the consumer interface in Windows, such because the taskbar, desktop, Action Center, Start Menu, and File Explorer. So, in case your taskbar, desktop, Start Menu, and even the File explorer is frozen, you may simply restart the Windows Explorer or Explorer.exe course of.
2 Methods to Restart Windows’ Explorer.exe to Fix Frozen Desktop
Hence, on this article, we’ll share the two greatest methods to Restart the Windows Explorer or Explorer.exe course of in Windows 11. Let’s take a look at.
Please be aware that sure apps require a restart after the set up, and restarting the explorer.exe, in that case, gained’t work. Also, restarting the explorer.exe works solely when the UI parts of your working system have been crashed or frozen.
1) Restart Explorer.exe from the Task Manager
In this technique, we’ll use the Task Manager utility to restart the explorer.exe course of. Here are a number of the easy steps that you just want to comply with.
1. First of all, click on on the Windows 11 search and kind in Task Manager. Next, open the Task Manager from the record.
2. On the Task Manager, swap the Processes tab as proven within the screenshot under.
3. Now discover the Windows Explorer, right-click on it and choose the Restart choice.
4. Alternatively, you may even finish the Explorer.exe or Windows Explorer course of. For that, right-click on Windows Explorer and choose End Task.
5. To rerun the Windows Explorer, click on on the File menu and choose the Run new process choice. Then, on the Create new process window, enter explorer.exe and click on on the Ok button.
That’s it! You are executed. This is how one can restart the Windows Explorer course of in Windows 11 working system.
2) Restart Explorer.exe with a Batch file in Windows 11
Well, this technique works on each model of the Windows working system. If you don’t need to rely on the Task Manager on a regular basis to restart the Explorer.exe course of, you may as an alternative create a batch file for it.
After making a Batch file, simply double click on on the batch file everytime you really feel like restarting the Windows Explorer course of. Here’s how to create a batch file to restart Windows Explorer.
1. First of all, right-click wherever on a clean display screen and choose New > Text Document.
2. On the Notepad, copy and paste the next textual content:
taskkill /f /IM explorer.exe
3. Once executed, click on on the File and choose the Save as an choice.
4. In the Save Window, select your location, after which underneath the Save as kind, choose All Files. Next, title the file no matter you need, however ensure the .bat extension follows it. Finally, click on on the Save button to save the batch file.
Usually, the Windows Explorer course of can work and not using a glitch for a very long time, however generally a number of of its graphical parts may break, main to Windows 11 freeze or taskbar not responding. In such a case, you may restart the explorer.exe course of to resolve the issue. I hope this text helped you! Please share it with your pals additionally.