Discord is a enjoyable place to chat and work together with others. But generally, there’s a foul apple. So right here’s how to report somebody on Discord.
Discord is a social chatting platform, constructed to serve various kinds of communities. When you be part of a Discord server, you’re becoming a member of a bunch of those who share related pursuits—or so that you’d suppose.
Unfortunately, there are occasions if you’ll encounter impolite or harassing conduct on Discord. Issues can come up the place the mod workforce isn’t doing its job, or sufficient folks haven’t complained.
Thankfully, there are some steps you possibly can take if this occurs. Here’s what you’ll want to do in order for you to know the way to report somebody on Discord.
Table of Contents
How to Block Someone on Discord
Sometimes simply blocking a person with out reporting can do the trick—it hides the messages of abuse immediately. This is an effective first step to take earlier than you take into account reporting somebody.
Blocking Discord Users on PC and Mac
Blocking a person on the desktop model of the Discord app is easy on Windows or Mac. In this text, we’re utilizing the Discord app working the desktop model of Disord. While the screens could range barely, the thought is identical.
To block somebody on the desktop model of Discord, use the next steps:
- Open the Discord desktop app and discover the person within the channel you need to block. Right-click their profile picture or username.
- From the menu that seems, click on Block close to the underside of the checklist.
- When the affirmation message seems, click on the pink Block button.
- That’s all there’s to it. You will now not see messages from that particular person. Instead, you’ll see “XX Blocked Message.”
Blocking Discord Users on iPhone, iPad, and Android
To block somebody utilizing the Discord cell app:
- On your telephone, faucet the title of the offending person. A display will fly up from the underside, and also you need to faucet the three-dots menu.
- After tapping the three-dot button, a brand new display will seem with the choice to Block the person or Remove Friend.
That’s it. After tapping Block, Discord blocks the person out of your feed, and also you don’t have to view their questionable feedback anymore.
How to Report Someone on Discord
Sometimes you need to report somebody spamming your DMs or sending harassing messages.
Reporting a Discord User on PC and Mac
Of course, Discord is multi-platform and may run on a number of units and totally different working techniques. For instance, in case you encounter troublesome data whereas utilizing Discord on the Desktop app, you possibly can report customers.
To use the desktop to report customers on Discord, use the next steps:
- The desktop model additionally has a Red Spam button, which permits you to report harassing conduct. While within the DM house with the offending person, click on the Red Spam button.
- If you’re nonetheless having an issue with a person, take a screenshot of the direct message and fill out this Discord form – make to add the screenshot as an attachment.
- If you’re having issues with somebody on a Discord server, copy the message hyperlink. Hover your mouse over the message and click on the three-dot button; choose Copy Message Link. Once the hyperlink is copied to the clipboard, go to the Discord Report form and paste the hyperlink into the Description subject.
Reporting a Discord User on iPhone, iPad, and Android
To do this on your telephone, use the next steps:
- Enter the channel with the person supplying you with issues and press and maintain their title within the chat.
- From the menu that comes up, scroll down and faucet Report.
- Now report the message and motive for it, reminiscent of Spam, Abuse or harassment, Harmful misinformation, violent extremism, or exposing personal figuring out data, i.e., doxing.
- Hit the Red Report Spam button if somebody sends you a questionable or offensive direct message.
Getting the Most from Discord
Tattling on person feedback isn’t the most effective use of your time whereas on Discord, however you possibly can report and even block the person if one thing is especially offensive. And in case you’ve ever wished to have a streaming occasion with pals on the platform, you possibly can stream Netflix on Discord.
It’s additionally price noting that you may play Spotify on Discord and in addition ship movies on Discord.
If you’re new to Discord, try our information on getting began. Once you get your first Discord server up and working, you’ll need to add some bots to it.