If you don’t watch an put in channel in your Roku anymore, you may take away the channel out of your gadget. This declutters your channels checklist and makes it straightforward to search out the channels that you just truly wish to watch.
There are a number of methods to take away channels from Roku. You can use the Roku gadget itself or the Roku cellular app to take away a channel. Later, you may re-add the identical eliminated channel if you need.
Table of Contents
Step 1: Check and Cancel Roku Channel Subscriptions
You can’t take away a channel when you’ve got an lively subscription to that channel. You should first cancel that subscription after which do away with the channel. You can handle all of your lively subscriptions on Roku’s web site.
In case you’ve subscribed to a channel from a supply aside from Roku, however from inside that channel, you don’t have to finish your subscription to delete the channel.
Here’s the best way to verify your lively Roku channel subscriptions:
- Launch an online browser in your gadget and open the Roku website. Sign in to your Roku account.
- Select the person icon on the top-right nook of the location and select My account from the menu.
- Select Manage your subscriptions within the Manage account part on the account web page.
- Under Active Subscriptions, you’ll see all of your channel subscriptions. Cancel the subscription for the channel that you just wish to take away.
If the channel you wish to take away isn’t listed on that web page, you may go to the subsequent part of this information to take away that channel. Note which you could proceed to benefit from the subscription advantages till the top of your present billing cycle.
Step 2: Remove Roku Channels
Now that you just’ve confirmed you now not have an lively subscription with the channel you wish to take away, listed below are just a few methods to do away with that channel out of your Roku gadget.
Remove a Channel From the Roku Channels List
One straightforward method to take away a channel out of your Roku is to search out and delete the channel from the channels checklist. Here’s how:
- Press the Home button in your Roku distant to entry Roku’s fundamental interface.
- Highlight the channel you want to take away on the fitting of your display screen. Use the arrow buttons in your Roku distant to take action.
- While your channel is highlighted, press the Star button in your Roku distant. This opens a menu.
- Choose Remove channel within the menu that opens.
- Select Remove within the immediate to verify your channel deletion alternative.
Roku will take away the chosen channel out of your gadget. If you’d like so as to add that or another channel to your gadget, learn to add channels to Roku.
Remove a Channel From the Roku Channel Store
Another method to take away channels is to make use of the Roku Channel Store in your Roku gadget. The Store lists each put in in addition to non-installed Roku channels.
- Access Roku’s fundamental web page by urgent the Home button on the Roku distant.
- Select Streaming Channels on the primary web page to launch the Roku Channel Store.
- Find the channel to take away within the Store. All your put in channels have a checkmark of their thumbnail’s bottom-right nook.
- Select the channel to take away.
- Choose Remove channel on the channel web page.
- Select Remove within the warning immediate to verify your alternative.
Roku will delete the chosen channel in your gadget.
Remove a Channel From the Roku Mobile App
Roku’s cellular app means that you can carry out varied actions in your Roku gadget, together with uninstalling put in channels. You can use this app on each your iOS and Android telephones.
If you’ve got the app put in in your telephone, and also you’ve paired the app together with your Roku gadget, right here’s the best way to use the app to take away your channels:
- Launch the Roku app in your telephone.
- Select Devices on the backside of the app to view your Roku gadget.
- Tap your gadget within the checklist and select Channels.
- Select the Channels tab on the prime to view all of your put in channels.
- Tap and maintain on the channel you’d prefer to take away. Do not simply faucet a channel, as it will trigger your Roku gadget to launch it.
- Select Remove on the web page that opens.
- Choose Remove from the Confirm Channel Removal immediate.
Your channel is now eliminated, and also you’ll now not see it in your Roku gadget.
What to Do if You Can’t Remove a Channel From Your Roku Device?
If you’re experiencing issues eradicating channels out of your Roku, one thing is likely to be unsuitable together with your system. In this case, there are just a few procedures you may observe to probably repair the difficulty.
Update Your Roku’s Software
It goes with out saying that it is best to maintain your Roku’s software program updated. This ensures that you’ve got essentially the most bug-free model of the software program. This additionally fixes any points you is likely to be experiencing together with your Roku.
To replace Roku:
- Press the Home button in your Roku distant to entry Roku’s homepage.
- Select Settings on the homepage.
- Navigate to System > System replace within the Settings menu.
- Select Check now to verify for Roku software program updates.
- Wait whereas your Roku finds updates.
- If an replace is out there, set up it. Otherwise, choose OK within the immediate that opens.
Restart Your Roku
It’s price rebooting your Roku gadget to see if that fixes your channel uninstallation points.
- Select Settings on Roku’s homepage.
- Head to System > Power > System restart within the Settings.
- Choose the Restart choice to reboot your Roku gadget.
- When your Roku restarts, observe one of many above strategies to take away a channel out of your gadget.
Removing Roku Channels Is Easier Than You Think
Roku makes it straightforward to do away with the channels that you just don’t use in your gadget. You can select your most popular technique to do this. And, if you happen to ever desire a deleted channel again, it’s straightforward to re-add channels to your Roku gadget. Enjoy!