With extra folks working from residence today, companies like Google Meet and Zoom are growing in recognition. You can maintain a web based video assembly, see everybody’s face, chat, and deal with enterprise.
As with in-office conferences, notes with motion gadgets and recaps for on-line conferences are simply as essential. Unfortunately, it doesn’t all the time occur. To have official documentation to your assembly or share it with those that couldn’t attend, think about recording your Google Meet.
We’ll stroll via how to document a Google Meet, assessment what will get recorded, present you the place to discover the recording, after which clarify the sharing and saving choices for the members.
Table of Contents
Who Can Record a Google Meet
Currently, Google doesn’t supply the Google Meet recording characteristic to everybody. This means if in case you have a free private Google account, you received’t see the recording possibility.
To document a Google Meet, you should be both the assembly organizer or throughout the similar group because the organizer.
In addition, your staff ought to have certainly one of these Google Workspace plans:
- Individual Premium Subscriber
- Business Standard or Plus
- Enterprise Essentials, Standard, or Plus
- Education Standard, Fundamentals, or Plus
- Teaching and Learning Upgrade
What Does and Does Not Get Recorded
Before you document a Google Meet, assessment the next gadgets to be certain you’ll be recording what you want.
Does Get Recorded
- The lively speaker
- Files offered
- Screens shared
Does Not Get Recorded
- Live captions
- Other open home windows
Google Meet’s recording characteristic is just obtainable in your pc’s browser. If you’re a cellular person who organized the assembly, you should utilize a recording possibility on Android or record on your iPhone.
You can solely document conferences for up to eight hours. If your session goes past eight hours, the recording robotically stops.
If you pin a participant within the assembly, this doesn’t have an effect on who’s displayed within the recording.
How to Record a Google Meet
Now that you recognize who can document, what does and doesn’t document, and the recording limitations, let’s find out how to document a Google Meet.
- Visit Google Meet and sign up to be part of or begin your assembly.
- Select the Activities icon on the underside proper and select Recording once you’re prepared to begin recording.
- Then choose Start Recording.
- You’ll see a reminder to inform the members that you’re recording the assembly. Select Start.
- It might take a second to start; you would possibly see a transient message explaining this. When the recording begins, you’ll see the pink Record icon on the highest left of the display screen.
- Continue together with your assembly, conserving in thoughts these gadgets that may and won’t document.
- Select the Activities icon and select Recording as soon as extra once you need to cease recording.
- Select Stop Recording and ensure by selecting Stop Recording.
The recording ends instantly, and also you’ll see a transient notification that your recording might be saved to Google Drive.
Access a Google Meet Recording File
Google Meet recordings are robotically saved to the assembly organizer’s Google Drive. In addition, you’ll obtain a direct hyperlink to the file by way of e mail and in Google Calendar if the assembly was scheduled.
Access the File in Google Drive
- Visit Google Drive and sign up if crucial.
- Navigate to My Drive on the left and search for the Meet Recordings folder on the proper.
- It might take a number of minutes for the recording to seem. If you don’t have already got a Meet Recordings folder, Google Drive will create one.
- You’ll see the recording titled with the assembly identifier together with the date and time. If Chat came about throughout the assembly, you’d see this as a separate textual content file.
Access the File Via Email
Along with accessing the recording in Google Drive, the assembly organizer receives an e mail with a direct recording hyperlink and one other hyperlink for the chat transcript if relevant.
Access the File Via Google Calendar
If the Google Meet is scheduled forward of time utilizing Google Calendar, a hyperlink to the recording is hooked up to the calendar occasion for all assembly members to entry.
Simply open Google Calendar and choose the occasion. You’ll see a hyperlink immediately to the recording in each the occasion’s pop-up window and full element web page.
View, Share, or Save Your Recording
To see a preview of your recording or chat transcript, merely double-click the file within the Meet Recordings folder on Google Drive.
You can obtain, share, or receive a hyperlink to the recording (or chat) file from the Meet Recordings folder or the File Preview.
In the folder, right-click the file and choose an motion from the menu. Notice you’ll be able to take further actions corresponding to Rename, Make a copy, and Open with.
On the Preview display screen, use the icons on the high or open the More Actions menu by choosing the three vertical dots on the highest proper. You’ll see the identical kinds of choices as on the folder display screen.
To keep away from you or a participant forgetting to take notes throughout a assembly or for a simple method to share the assembly with somebody who can not attend, simply document a Google Meet.
If you employ different video conferencing companies as well as to Google Meet, you too can record a Zoom meeting or document a Skype name on all of your gadgets.