There isn’t an airplane mode perform on a Chromebook, however there may be a means to obtain the identical impact. This information will present you ways.
What’s one of the simplest ways to put together your digital units for journey on an airplane? Switch them to airplane mode.
As the title suggests, airplane mode is a characteristic on units like your laptop computer or smartphone that disables any built-in wi-fi radios. That contains your Bluetooth, GPS, WiFi, and extra.
One gadget that lacks an simply activated airplane mode is a Chromebook. If you need to put a Chromebook in airplane mode, you’ll want to change some settings manually. This information will present you ways.
Table of Contents
How to Put a Chromebook in Airplane Mode
As we’ve talked about, Chromebooks lack a built-in airplane mode. Instead, you’ll want to disable your WiFi, Bluetooth, and cell knowledge connections.
To put a Chromebook in airplane mode:
- Click on the system tray (battery and time) in the lower-right nook.
- Select the Wi-Fi button to flip it off.
- Click the Wi-Fi icon once more and confirm the swap is off.
- Next, click on the Bluetooth button.
- Verify the Bluetooth sign is disabled by toggling its swap off.
- If you’re utilizing the Nearby Sharing characteristic, flip it off from the menu.
- If your Chromebook has a cell knowledge connection (akin to LTE), be sure to additionally disable it through this menu.
How to Put a Chromebook in Airplane Mode through Settings
Instead of utilizing the menu on the system tray, you may as well put a Chromebook in airplane mode through the Chrome OS Settings menu.
To use Settings to put Chromebook in airplane mode:
- Launch the menu from the system tray and click on the Settings icon.
- When Settings launches, choose Network from the record on the left.
- Tap the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth switches to flip them off.
- Under the Devices part, be sure that Nearby Share and Android cellphone are disabled in the event you’ve linked your cellphone to the Chromebook. If neither is ready up, you’ll be able to simply go away the settings alone.
- Also, in case your Chromebook has LTE, you’ll be able to flip it off from Settings.
Preparing Your Chromebook for Travel
It can be good on your Chromebook to have an airplane mode button like different units, however you’ll obtain the identical impact in the event you use the steps above. Keep in thoughts that turning off the radio transmitting parts may even assist save battery energy.
Of course, you could possibly at all times utterly energy down your Chromebook, however that may not be sensible. For instance, you may want to use Google Docs offline or watch a film.
After turning off the Bluetooth sign, you may want to join a Bluetooth gadget to Chromebook. If you’re on the fence about getting a Chromebook for your self, try these Chromebook professionals and cons.