The Quick Settings characteristic provides easy accessibility to options. If you may have it arrange the way in which you want, stop Quick Settings Edits on Windows 11.
The Quick Settings menu on Windows 11 is a built-in characteristic that permits fast entry to particular Windows 11 options. You can entry it by clicking the Wi-Fi, Sound, and Battery icons subsequent to the clock within the bottom-right nook. Once it’s launched, any consumer can customise the Quick Settings menu.
However, chances are you’ll not need customers to edit the Quick Settings menu. If that’s the case, right here’s how to stop Quick Settings edits on Windows 11.
Table of Contents
How to Prevent Quick Settings Changes on Windows 11
When customers check in to Windows 11 and launch Quick Settings, they will edit it by including or eradicating buttons.
To stop customers from enhancing Quick Settings on Windows 11 Pro or above, use the next steps:
- Hit Windows key + R to launch the Run dialog.
- Type gpedit.msc and click on OK.
- When Local Group Policy Editor opens, navigate to the next path:
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar
- Double-click the Disable Editing Quick Settings.
- Set the coverage to Enabled and click on Apply and OK on the backside.
- Restart File Explorer for the adjustments to take impact by hitting Ctrl + Shift + Esc to launch Task Manager.
- Right-click Windows Explorer and choose Restart.
- Now, in the event you open the Quick Settings menu, the edit button (pencil icon) will nonetheless be current, but when clicked, nothing will occur.
How to Prevent Quick Settings Changes by way of Registry
The above steps work wonderful for Windows 11 Pro and better. However, Home variations of Windows 11 don’t embody the Group Policy Editor. So, as a substitute, you’ll want to tweak the Registry to cease Quick Settings edits.
Note: Working with the Registry is for knowledgeable customers solely. If you make an incorrect entry or delete a key, your pc can change into unstable or cease working. Before continuing, we suggest that you just again up the Registry, create a Restore Point, and create a full backup so you may recuperate your system if one thing goes awry.
To stop Quick Settings edits utilizing the Registry, do the next:
- Type regedit and click on OK.
- Hit the Windows key + R shortcut to launch the Run dialog.
- When the Registry Editor opens, navigate to the next path:
- Right-click the Windows key and choose New > Key.
- Name the important thing as Explorer and hit Enter.
- On the right-hand facet of the Explorer key that you just created, right-click and choose New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name the DWORD Value as DisableEditingQuickSettings, give it a worth of 1 and click on OK.
- Log out and again in or restart Windows 11 for the adjustments to take impact.
When you log again in, the edit button will nonetheless be on the Quick Settings menu, however clicking gained’t do something. The consumer will not have the flexibility to change objects on the menu.
Using Windows 11 Features
The Quick Settings characteristic gives easy accessibility to flip options on or off with a click on. The variety of accessible objects will fluctuate between programs. For instance, a desktop gained’t have the Battery Saver button or Airplane mode.
Once you undergo and customise the Quick Settings menu, you should utilize the steps above to stop different customers from making any adjustments to it.
Other Quick Settings chances are you’ll be thinking about trying out are Nearby Sharing for file sharing. You may allow the night time mild characteristic to substitute damaging blue lights with hotter colours.