You can encrypt all the pieces on your pc system with a number of the finest obtainable encryption instruments. VeraCrypt is a type of well-known ones which might encrypt all your necessary and delicate recordsdata. And customers even have to carry a few of these important recordsdata on daily basis from one place to one other. In this case, each person will favor to have an answer to carry these recordsdata in a transportable method, like on your Android machine. However, some folks nonetheless marvel about how to mount encrypted VeraCrypt on Android. So, on this article, you’ll get to know the way to mount present and new volumes with the assistance of VeraCrypt Android.
How to Mount Encrypted VeraCrypt on Android
VeraCrypt is among the common open-source and free on-the-fly encryption utility software program that may provide help to with encrypting your recordsdata on your system. However, even being a free and open-source encryption resolution, it isn’t formally supported for Android gadgets. Still, there’s a manner to overcome this limitation.
EDS Lite is a digital disk encryption utility for Android by sovworks that permits you to retailer your delicate and very important paperwork in an encrypted container. A couple of extra information concerning this app is listed under:
- It is an open-source and free model of the EDS app, additionally by sovworks, which has extra options than EDS Lite as it’s a paid utility.
- You can purchase this utility for ₹330 from the Google Play Store.
- And there are obvious limitations to the EDS Lite app in contrast to the unique EDS app.
However, you possibly can proceed utilizing the EDS Lite utility for those who simply goal to mount volumes on VeraCrypt Android. To know the way to mount encrypted VeraCrypt on Android, observe the steps under.
1. Install the EDS Lite utility from the Google Play Store.
2. Tap on Open.
3. Tap the Allow choice for the popup stating Allow EDS Lite to entry pictures, media, and recordsdata on your machine?
4. Tap on the Hamburger icon from the highest left nook, as proven under.
5. Tap on the Manage containers choice.
6. Tap the + icon from the highest proper nook, as illustrated.
7. Now, you will note a message stating Would you want to create a brand new container or to add an present container? with two choices to select from: Create new container or Add present container.
Also Read: How to Open GZ File in Windows 10
We have defined the steps for each of those choices with the illustrations to higher your understanding of how to mount encrypted VeraCrypt on Android. Read and observe the steps for each of those choices to study VeraCrypt Android.
Option I: Create New Volume
You can begin studying and writing encrypted recordsdata by creating a brand new container or quantity on your Android machine utilizing the EDS Lite app. Follow the steps under to carry out the identical.
1. Tap the Create new container choice.
2. Change the Container format to VeraCrypt.
3. Then, Select the trail and Change the Container password.
4. Also, change the Container measurement to 1024 by taping on Edit choice and faucet the tick mark icon.
6. Now, return to the house display screen and faucet on the Hamburger icon.
7. Tap on vera or another quantity you simply created on your machine.
8. Enter the Password for the container and press OK.
Now, you possibly can entry the recordsdata mounted on this container and even learn and write the encrypted recordsdata in it.
Also Read: How to Remove Duplicate Files in Google Drive
Option II: Mount Existing Volume
Another choice you will have is to mount an already present container within the EDS Lite app. So, to mount the prevailing quantity or container on your Android machine utilizing EDS Lite, observe the steps under.
1. Tap the Add present container choice.
2. Tap on Change for the Container format.
3. Tap and choose VeraCrypt, as proven under.
4. Tap on Select path and find and choose the VeraCrypt quantity on your machine.
5. Tap the Tick icon from the highest proper nook, as proven.
6. Now, return to the house display screen of the app and faucet on the Hamburger icon.
7. Tap on FAT, the added present quantity.
8. Then, enter the password to the amount and press OK.
The contents of added present quantity will get displayed to you on your display screen.
After getting achieved together with your work on the container, you possibly can unmount the amount on EDS Lite, which is taken into account protected for the protection of the mounted recordsdata. You have to pull down the notification panel and faucet on Close all EDS containers from the EDS service is working notification.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What kinds of file codecs could be mounted on EDS Lite?
Ans: As we mentioned earlier than, the EDS Lite app is the free and open-source model of the paid EDS app, which has comparatively extra options. So, one of many limitations of the EDS Lite app is that you simply can’t mount the NTFS or a number of the different formatted volumes with the EDS Lite app. Still, you’re allowed to mount the FAT recordsdata simply and exFAT recordsdata with the assistance of plugins.
Q2. Can I open the container contents for the volumes from the EDS Lite app on my File Manager app?
Ans: No, you can’t open the EDS Lite app container contents for the volumes on the File Manager app on your machine. It limits the studying and writing actions to the containers from the default File Manager app on your telephone. However, you could use strive another 3rd occasion File Manager apps to open and browse/write the contents of the volumes.
So, now you realize how to mount encrypted VeraCrypt on Android with the choice to both create a brand new quantity or mount the existed one. You can tell us any queries or ideas about this or another matter you need us to make an article on. Drop them within the feedback field under for us to learn.