You might (or might not) be all for what your pals are listening to. The excellent news is you possibly can handle buddy exercise on Spotify. Here’s how.
The Spotify desktop app exhibits a Friend Activity panel on the suitable facet. It shows the music that mates are listening to. Adding mates to Spotify permits you to introduce new music to mates and vice versa.
However, you won’t be all for seeing what mates are listening to. Maybe you’d want to take away that part for a cleaner Spotify expertise. But, on the opposite hand, you may want to see what mates hear to however can’t see it.
Either manner, we’ll present you the way to present or conceal buddy exercise on Spotify. We’ll additionally have a look at getting into a non-public listening session.
Table of Contents
How to Show or Hide Friend Activity on Spotify
Note: This course of solely works with the desktop model of Spotify.
You can take away the Friend Activity panel if you would like a cleaner person expertise with extra display screen actual property for the desktop app.
To present or conceal the Friend Activity panel, do the next:
- Launch Spotify on your desktop.
- Click the X icon within the panel’s upper-right nook to shut it.
- That will conceal the Friend Activity panel and offer you extra room for musical artist information.
- Another manner to conceal or present the Friend Activity panel is to click on the three-dot button within the top-right nook.
- Select View and uncheck Friend Activity from the menu.
Note that utilizing the X possibility will solely shut the Friend Activity panel. Instead, you could use the menu bar possibility to present the Friend Activity panel once more.
Use Spotify Settings to Show or Hide Friend Activity
You can even go into Spotify settings to present or conceal Friend Activity. The course of is easy, following these steps:
- Launch Spotify, click on your profile icon within the top-right nook, and select Settings from the menu.
- On the Settings web page, scroll down to the Display part and toggle the See what your pals are taking part in swap on or off.
When the swap is off, the Friend Activity panel disappears, and when the swap is on, the Friend Activity panel exhibits up.
How to Hide Your Listening Activity on Spotify
In addition to not wanting to see what your pals are listening to, you may want your session to be personal. So, solely you possibly can entry your listening exercise as a substitute of your pals seeing it.
To begin a non-public listening session, do the next:
- Launch Spotify on your desktop and click on your profile icon within the top-right nook.
- Click Private session from the menu.
- You’ll instantly enter a non-public session. A padlock icon will stay subsequent to your identify whereas within the personal session.
- To go away the Private session, click on your profile icon once more and choose Private session to finish it.
Enjoying Spotify With (or Without) Friends
Sometimes chances are you’ll not want to know what your pals are listening to. By following the steps above, you possibly can take away the exercise panel for a much less cluttered interface.
It’s additionally good to know which you can enter a non-public session. If you do, you don’t want to fear about your pals studying your listening habits.
When it comes to privateness on Spotify, you can too create a non-public playlist. To take your privateness a step additional, unlink Spotify out of your Facebook account.