Windows 11 contains 1000’s of fonts out of the field, however if you’d like new ones, you’ll be able to rapidly set up them. Here’s how.
Want to add some pizzaz to your paperwork and displays? You ought to think about using a unique font.
Windows 11 comes with 1000’s of them, however you may want extra—there are solely so many occasions you’ll be able to have a look at Times New Roman. You can discover and set up new fonts on-line, and Windows makes it simple by permitting you to set up and handle new fonts within the Settings app.
If you’ve by no means finished this earlier than, check out how to set up or uninstall fonts on Windows 11.
Table of Contents
What Types of Fonts Are Supported on Windows 11?
To set up a brand new font, it should want to be suitable with Windows. Windows 11 helps the next font sorts:
- TrueType (.TFF)
- PostScript Type 1 (.PFB + .PFM)
- OpenType (.OTF)
- TrueType Collection (.TTC)
Once you might have downloaded your favourite fonts, it’s time to set up them utilizing the next directions.
How to Install Fonts on Windows 11
When you’re prepared, you’ll be able to observe the steps to set up new fonts on Windows 11:
- Most fonts will are available a zipper file, so the very first thing to do is extract them to an easy-to-access location.
- When you’re prepared to set up a font, open File Explorer to the placement of the font you need and double-click on it.
- After double-clicking the font, a window will open, displaying a pattern of the way it will look. If you’re prepared to go together with it, click on the Install button on the prime.
- The font will set up in your system and be accessible the place fonts sometimes reside. In addition, it ought to transfer to the default location of fonts which is C:WindowsFonts.
- It’s additionally price noting there’s one other method to set up fonts. For instance, you’ll be able to right-click the font file, choose Show extra choices from the menu, and click on Install on the basic context menu.
- Once you put in your new font, you should utilize it in any app that enables you to select totally different fonts, like Microsoft Word.
How to Quickly Install New Fonts on Windows 11
Microsoft is making it simpler for customers to set up fonts—just by dragging them into Settings.
You can drag and drop to set up fonts utilizing the next steps:
- Open Start > Settings after which choose Personalization > Fonts.
- When you open the Fonts part, you’ll discover a field to set up font information. Simply drag the fonts you downloaded from File Explorer into the field.
That’s all there’s to it. Your fonts shall be moved to C:WindowsFonts and be accessible by means of your apps like Microsoft Word or PowerPoint.
How to Uninstall a Font from Windows 11
Don’t like a font you’ve put in? You can rapidly take away it.
To uninstall a font on Windows 11, use the next steps:
- Press your Windows key to open the Start menu and choose Settings.
- When Settings opens, navigate to Personalization from the checklist on the left, scroll down on the precise, and click on Fonts.
- If you understand the identify of your font, sort it within the Available fonts subject and click on the three-dot menu.
- Click Uninstall from the menu that seems.
- Click the Uninstall button when the verification message seems.
Your font shall be uninstalled and not seem within the C:WindowsFonts listing. It received’t be accessible in different apps you employ, both.
How to Install Fonts from Microsoft
If you don’t really feel snug putting in fonts from the web, you will get them from the Microsoft Store.
Use the next steps to set up fonts from the Microsoft Store:
- Launch the Microsoft Store app out of your taskbar and search fonts when it opens.
- Browse by means of the accessible fonts and click on on the one you want.
- You will get a little bit of an outline and screenshots displaying the font in motion. Click the Get button.(*11*)
That’s it. Your font shall be put in and accessible within the C:WindowsFonts listing.
Customizing Fonts in Windows
Using the steps above, you ought to be ready to set up new fonts on a Windows 11 PC.
The course of is simple, however you can spend loads of time working with them in your docs. Finding the proper font can take time, so preserve that in thoughts. Don’t obtain extra fonts than you might have time to work with.
Not on Windows 11 but? No downside. You can set up fonts on Windows 10 or set up fonts from the Microsoft Store on Windows 10.