Kodi is a wonderful approach to get pleasure from multimedia content material on your varied gadgets. If you utilize an Amazon Fire TV Stick, you’ll be able to set up Kodi on your Stick and get entry to a great deal of films and music on your Stick-connected TV.
Unfortunately, Kodi isn’t obtainable on the official Amazon Appstore, which implies you need to use one of many workarounds to get the app up and operating on your Stick.
Luckily, there are a number of methods to put in Kodi on a Fire TV Stick, and we’ll present you these strategies.
Table of Contents
Install Kodi on Fire TV Stick Using the Stick Itself
One approach to set up Kodi on a Fire TV Stick is to make use of a obtain supervisor on the Stick to obtain and set up Kodi. In this technique, you allow sideloading on your Stick, obtain the Downloader app, after which use Downloader to put in Kodi.
Enable Sideloading on Fire TV Stick
Amazon Fire TV Stick doesn’t mean you can set up apps from outdoors the official Appstore by default. However, you’ll be able to allow an possibility on your Stick to activate sideloading.
- Head to Settings > My Fire TV > Developer Options on your Fire TV Stick.
- Enable the choice that claims Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Select Turn On within the immediate that seems to allow the choice.
Get the Downloader App
You’ll want the Downloader app to download Kodi’s APK file on your Fire TV Stick, which you’ll then set up on the Stick. Downloader is a free app you could obtain from the Amazon Appstore.
- Open the Amazon Appstore on your Fire TV Stick.
- Access All Categories > Utilities on the Appstore.
- Select Downloader from the listing of apps on your display screen.
- Choose Get to obtain and set up the free Downloader app on your Fire TV Stick.
Install the Kodi App for Fire TV Stick
Let’s now use Downloader to obtain Kodi after which set up that app on your Fire TV Stick.
- Launch the Downloader app on your Fire TV Stick.
- Select the Enter a URL or Search Term area and kind the next URL: kodi.television/obtain. Then, choose the Go button.
- Choose Android on the Kodi’s web site that opens. Then, choose the ARMV7A (32BIT) model of the Kodi app. Downloader will begin downloading the Kodi app.
- Select Install when the app is downloaded, after which select Install.
- Kodi is now put in. To launch the newly put in app, choose Open on your display screen.
Later, you’ll be able to entry Kodi out of your Stick’s app library.
Install Kodi on Fire TV Stick Using an Android Phone
Another approach to get Kodi on a Fire TV Stick is to make use of an Android telephone. In this technique, you obtain Kodi on your telephone after which use a free app to push Kodi to your Stick.
This process takes place over your Wi-Fi connection, so that you don’t want any cables.
Find Fire TV Stick’s IP Address
You’ll want your Fire TV Stick’s IP tackle to determine a connection together with your Stick out of your Android telephone. Here’s find out how to discover that IP:
- Head to Settings > My Fire TV > About > Network on your Fire TV Stick.
- You’ll see your Fire TV Stick’s IP tackle underneath the IP Address header on the fitting of your display screen. Note this IP tackle as you’ll want it within the beneath sections.
Download Kodi on Android
It’s time to obtain the Kodi app on your Android telephone. You don’t have to put in the app on your telephone so as to add the app to your Stick.
- Open an online browser on your Android telephone and head to Kodi’s download page.
- Select Android after which ARMV7A (32BIT) to obtain Kodi to your telephone.
- Save the Kodi APK file to a folder on your telephone. You don’t should open this downloaded file.
Push Kodi to Fire TV Stick
Using a free app known as Apps2Fire, you’ll now push Kodi’s APK file out of your telephone over to your Fire TV Stick.
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android telephone and seek for Apps2Fire.
- Download and set up the free Apps2Fire app on your telephone. Then, launch the app.
- Access the Setup tab within the app, enter your Fire TV Stick’s IP tackle, and faucet Save. This will join the app to your Fire TV Stick.
- Tap the up-arrow icon on the top-right nook of the app.
- Navigate to the folder the place you downloaded the Kodi APK file, and choose that file.
- App2Fire will set up Kodi on your Fire TV Stick.
Install Kodi on Fire TV Stick Using a Computer
To use your Windows, Mac, or Linux pc to put in Kodi on your Fire TV Stick, you’ll have to first obtain ADB to your pc. You’ll then use an ADB command to put in Kodi on your Stick.
Again, this technique makes use of your Wi-Fi community, so that you don’t want any cables.
Enable USB Debugging on Fire TV Stick
To enable ADB to work together with your Fire TV Stick, you’ll should toggle on ADB debugging on your Stick, as follows.
- Navigate to Settings > My Fire TV > Developer Options on your Fire TV Stick.
- Turn on the choice that claims ADB Debugging.
- Go again one display screen, choose About > Network, and be aware down IP Address from the fitting of your display screen.
Download ADB and Kodi on Computer
Next up is downloading ADB and Kodi to your pc. You can carry out these steps on Windows, Mac, and Linux computer systems. We’ll use Windows for the demonstration.
- Open the ADB download site and obtain the toolkit to your pc. Then, extract the contents of the downloaded archive to a folder on your pc.
- Launch the Kodi site and select Android > ARMV7A (32BIT) to obtain Kodi’s APK to your pc. Move this APK file to the ADB folder.
- Open the ADB folder, right-click anyplace clean, and select Open in Windows Terminal.
- Type the next command within the Command Prompt tab of Windows Terminal and press Enter: adb join IP. Replace IP on this command with the precise IP tackle of your Fire TV Stick.
- Your pc is now linked to your Fire TV Stick. Install the Kodi app by operating the next command: adb set up Kodi.apk. Replace Kodi.apk with the precise identify of the Kodi app you’ve downloaded.
- ADB will set up Kodi on your Fire TV Stick.
Uninstall Kodi on Fire TV Stick
If you’ve had your good occasions with Kodi and also you don’t want the app on your Fire TV Stick anymore, right here’s the way you uninstall the app:
- Press and maintain down the Home button on your Fire TV Stick distant.
- Select Apps to view your apps library.
- Highlight Kodi within the listing and press the Menu button on your Fire TV Stick distant. This is the button with three horizontal strains on it
- Select Uninstall from the menu that opens.
- Choose Uninstall within the immediate that seems.
Kodi is now uninstalled on your Fire TV Stick.
Various Ways to Get Kodi on a Fire TV Stick
Kodi isn’t obtainable on the official Amazon Appstore, however that shouldn’t maintain you from utilizing this wonderful app on your machine. Using one of many strategies outlined above, you’ll be able to rapidly and simply sideload the Kodi app on your Stick, and get began on your leisure journey. Enjoy!