Adding a watermark to images or paperwork earlier than posting them on-line is a great way of stopping mental property theft and demonstrating possession of a doc.
This step-by-step information explains how to insert a watermark in Word and Google Docs in your Windows or Mac pc.
Table of Contents
How to Insert a Watermark in Word for Windows
You can add a textual content watermark or your model’s emblem behind the textual content in your doc by following the steps beneath.
Note: Instructions in this information apply to the latest variations of Word, however the place directions are completely different, we’ve highlighted these variations.
Insert a Text Watermark in Microsoft Word for Windows
You can insert a textual content watermark to seem in the background of each web page behind the content material of your doc.
- Open a Word doc and then choose Design > Watermark.
- Select Custom watermark > Text watermark.
- Choose a pre-configured watermark from the Text drop-down menu. Here, you’ll discover choices like ASAP, Do Not Copy, Draft, Confidential, Original, Top Secret, Urgent and extra.
- To enter a customized textual content watermark, spotlight the pre-configured choices in the Text drop-down menu, hit Delete or Backspace on the keyboard and sort your customized textual content.
Note: For Word 2010 or older variations, choose Page Layout > Watermark and then select a pre-configured watermark.
Insert a Picture Watermark
An image watermark, like a emblem, is a simple approach to make your doc look official.
- Open a Word doc, choose Design > Watermark > Custom Watermark > Picture Watermark.
- Choose Select Picture and discover a image of your individual or search Bing photos.
- Select Insert to add the image watermark from a file, Bing or OneDrive into your doc.
How to Insert a Watermark in Word for Mac
If you’re utilizing a Mac, observe the steps beneath to insert a textual content or image watermark in Word.
Insert a Text Watermark
Note: For this information, we’re utilizing the most recent model of Word on a Mac operating macOS Big Sur.
- Open Word, choose Design > Watermark from the ribbon or Insert > Watermark from the highest menu.
- Select Text in the Insert Watermark dialog field and then sort your customized textual content or use a pre-configured textual content watermark.
- You can even set the font, dimension, structure, orientation and colours to customise the watermark. To change the orientation, choose Design > Watermark, go to Orientation and select Horizontal or Diagonal.
Note: If the watermark doesn’t seem in the preview window, choose View > Print Layout to allow the preview and then choose OK to full the method.
- Increase transparency of the watermark textual content if it makes it laborious to learn the contents of the doc. Alternatively, choose a lighter coloration for the watermark textual content.
Insert a Picture Watermark
You can insert a picture like your organization emblem as a watermark in Word for Mac.
- On a Mac, choose Design > Watermark > Picture > Select Picture and browse to the image you need to use as a watermark.
- Check the Washout field subsequent to Scale and then choose OK.
Insert a Watermark to Appear Once Per Page in Word for Windows
If you don’t need your watermark to seem on every web page of your doc, you’ll be able to change the settings in order that it seems as soon as per web page. This choice solely works on Word for Windows.
- Select the web page and then choose Design > Watermark.
- Next, right-click the watermark and then choose Insert at Current Document Position.
- The watermark will seem as a textual content field in the chosen web page.
How to Save a Watermark for Use in Other Documents
If you need to reuse a image watermark in the longer term, it can save you it as a customized watermark. Again, this selection solely works on Word for Windows.
- Double-click the header space, transfer your cursor over the watermark and then click on the watermark to choose it.
- Select Design > Page Background > Watermark > Save Selection to Watermark gallery.
- Label the customized watermark and then choose OK.
- When you’re prepared to add the customized watermark into one other doc, choose the watermark beneath General in the watermarks gallery.
- Double-click the header space, transfer the cursor over the watermark and then click on to choose the watermark.
- Select Page Layout > Page Background > Watermark > Save Selection to Watermark gallery and label your watermark. Select OK to save the watermark.
How to Edit a Text or Picture Watermark in Word
A watermark is often a part of the header in a Word doc regardless that it’s displayed in the center of the web page. Below are the steps to edit a watermark in Word.
- Double-click the header space of the web page to open it and click on the watermark to choose it. By default, watermarks are centered on the web page, however you’ll be able to drag the watermark to place it anyplace on the web page.
- Select the watermark and then use the WordArtwork Tools tab or the Picture instruments tab to change the font, dimension, model or coloration of the watermark.
How to Insert a Watermark in Word for the Web
The greatest approach to work with watermarks is in the Word desktop utility slightly than the cellular app or Word Online.
If you’re utilizing Word for the Web, you’ll be able to see watermarks already in your doc, however you’ll be able to’t insert new watermarks or change them. However, in case you have the Word desktop app, you’ll be able to open the doc utilizing the Open in Word or Open in Desktop app command and insert or change the watermark from there.
Once carried out, save the doc and will probably be saved the place you opened it in Word for the Web and your watermarks will seem while you reopen the doc.
How to Remove a Watermark in Word
If you don’t just like the watermark in your doc otherwise you now not want it, you’ll be able to take away it in a few easy steps.
- In Word for Windows, choose Design > Watermark > Remove Watermark.
- You can even double-click the header space, place your cursor over the watermark and click on to choose the watermark. Press Delete in your keyboard and repeat the method to take away all watermarks.
- On a Mac, choose Design > Watermark > No watermark.
How to Add a Watermark in Google Docs
Google Docs lacks a built-in watermarking utility like Word, however you need to use Google Drawings to create the watermark first earlier than inserting it into your doc.
Insert a Text Watermark in Google Docs
A textual content watermark is often positioned behind the content material of your doc and helps others know what model of the doc is in use.
- Open Google Drawings and then choose Insert > Text Box.
- Select the textual content field icon on the menu bar and then drag your cursor to create a textual content field for the watermark. In the textual content field, sort the textual content for the watermark and then edit to change the scale, font, coloration or orientation.
- Give your watermark a title. Open the Google doc that you really want to add the watermark to, choose Edit > Select all and then press Ctrl + C to copy the textual content.
- Next, return to the Google Drawings web page and choose Insert > Text field.
- Click and drag from the highest left aspect of the web page to the underside proper aspect or wherever you need your textual content to begin and finish, and then press Ctrl + V to paste the textual content.
- Right-click the watermark or the textual content you’ve simply pasted in Google Drawings, and then choose Order to layer the watermark in entrance of or behind the textual content.
- Open a clean Google Docs doc and then choose Insert > Drawing > From Drive.
- Select the watermark and select Select > Link to supply or Insert Unlinked.
- Select Insert.
Insert an Image Watermark in Google Docs
With Google Drawings, you’ll be able to create a picture watermark and then import it into Google Docs.
- Open Google Drawings, choose Insert > Image and select your picture.
- Drag the picture across the display to alter its place, resize or rotate it.
- Select Format > Format Options > Adjustments to make any changes to the picture earlier than including it as a watermark. You can even change the transparency in order that the watermark doesn’t overshadow the textual content.
- Give your watermark a title and then observe steps 3-9 in the earlier part to insert the watermark from Drive in Google Docs.
Insert a Watermark in Word or Google Docs Using Watermark Software
You can even insert a watermark utilizing software program like Snagit, uMark or Arclab Watermark Studio. All these watermark instruments are suitable with Windows and Mac computer systems. All three choices are paid instruments with free trials, besides iWatermark, which provides a free model so you’ll be able to check each earlier than committing to a month-to-month subscription.
Add Watermarks on Any Document
Whether you need to forestall unauthorized use of your paperwork otherwise you need to standardize your official paperwork, it’s not that tough to create and add a watermark.
Leave a remark and tell us if this information helped you insert a watermark in Word or Google Docs.