Procreate for iOS has many options for creating nice items of artwork, rivaling a few of the greatest graphics editors on the market. One helpful function for artists in Procreate is the flexibility to use fonts. This will be the right instrument for making social media posts, logos, and extra.
Procreate by default has a number of fonts out there you should use in your work, however you might have considered trying to use your individual customized fonts or some downloaded from the web.
Importing fonts into Procreate is definitely very straightforward, you simply want to have the file for the font you need to use in your iPad. In this text, we’ll present you ways to obtain new fonts on the iPad and use them in Procreate in your artwork tasks.
Table of Contents
Downloading a Font to the iPad
Before you should use a brand new font in Procreate, you’ll first want to have the information for the font in your iPad. These might be both .otf or .ttf information. In the steps under we’ll present you ways to obtain these information and use them.
- Find a web site you need to obtain fonts from. This could possibly be a free web site like 1001freefonts.com or a premium font you’ve purchased. Once you click on the obtain hyperlink for the font, you need to see a blue arrow to the best facet of the browser deal with bar exhibiting the obtain progress.
- Once the file has downloaded, faucet on this blue arrow and faucet on the downloaded file. You’ll open the Files app. Or, you possibly can go to the Files app your self and faucet on the Downloads folder.
- The font file will probably be a .zip file, so faucet on it to unzip it. In this unzipped file you’ll see both the .otf information or .ttf information, or each.
Now that you’ve your font file, you possibly can import it into Procreate and use it.
How to Install Fonts in Procreate
You can now open Procreate to the undertaking you need to use your font in. Then, observe these steps to import your font.
- In your open undertaking in Procreate, faucet on the wrench icon within the high left nook to open the Action menu.
- Under the Add tab, faucet on Add Text.
- A textual content field will pop up with some pattern textual content. Double-tap on it to carry up the edit textual content choices.
- Tap on the font identify within the high proper nook of those choices, and a bigger textual content choices field will open.
- Tap on Import Font within the high left.
- Your Files app will open, and you may find the situation of your font information from right here. Tap on the .otf or .ttf file to import it.
- Once the font has been imported, you possibly can scroll down the font listing and discover the identify of the font to use. Tap on it to use it along with your textual content.
Now you should use your newly imported font in Procreate as you want, or import much more fonts.
How to Use Your Font in Procreate
If you haven’t used the textual content function in Procreate but, you is perhaps questioning how to use your imported font with this system’s textual content editor. There are many choices there to edit your textual content utilizing your imported font.
If your font is available in a number of kinds, you possibly can select from them throughout the Style field. This could also be italic or daring kinds.
Under the Design part, there are a couple of completely different points of your textual content you possibly can alter. You can change the dimensions of the font, utilizing the slider to make it bigger or smaller. The Kerning choice adjustments the quantity of area between every character.
Tracking adjustments the spacing of traces and areas between the separate phrases. Leading can change the vertical area between traces of phrases. The Baseline choice adjustments the situation of the traces the place the textual content lies. Finally, opacity adjustments the visibility of the textual content. You could make your textual content extra opaque utilizing this.
Then there may be the Attributes part. Here, you possibly can change the paragraph type, make the textual content underlined, outlined, or vertical, and alter the capitalization type.
Create Text Graphics In Procreate With Imported Fonts
The Procreate app has many helpful capabilities for graphic design, together with the flexibility to set up fonts. With this, you should use your favourite fonts inside your art work or design simply. Handlettering a typeface could be a time-consuming course of, and should not find yourself wanting as polished as a downloaded font. Using this tutorial, you should use new fonts in Procreate in any piece of labor you please.