Discord is a VoIP app that gives many options for players, together with the power to stream your video games. There are a number of methods you can stream in Discord, and the “Go Live” possibility is designed particularly for gaming.
In this text, we’ll present you the way to Go Live on Discord to stream your video games on Windows, Mac, Android, and iPhone. And, since Go Live solely works for video games, we’ll additionally cowl how one can share your display screen or stream a non-game app.
Table of Contents
How to Go Live on Discord on Windows or Mac
To use the “Go Live” perform on Discord, you’re going to want three issues: A Discord account, the standalone Discord app, and entry to a Discord server. Keep in thoughts that you simply’re solely ready to share your display screen by way of the Discord app and never by way of an internet browser.
To Go Live on Discord on Windows or Mac, observe these six steps:
- Make certain the sport you want to stream is open in the background, then open Discord.
- Enter a server by deciding on its icon in the sidebar.
- Enter a voice channel by clicking on it. Anyone in this channel might be ready to see your stream.
- Underneath the channel checklist, there ought to be a banner that reveals the sport you’re enjoying. Select the icon that appears like a video digicam on a monitor. If this isn’t right here, see how to manually add a recreation beneath.
- Choose your display screen decision and frames per second (FPS) and choose Go Live.
- A window ought to now seem inside Discord exhibiting your stay stream. At this level, any customers in the identical channel as it is possible for you to to see your stay stream.
You can finish the stream by deciding on Stop Streaming in the banner beneath the channel checklist. The icon seems like a monitor with an x contained in the display screen.
Note: To stream at resolutions of 1080p and better, or 60 FPS, you could have to be a Discord Nitro subscriber.
How to Add a Game to Discord
If Discord doesn’t mechanically acknowledge your recreation, it received’t provide the possibility to “Go Live”. In this case, you’re ready to add the sport manually as follows:
- Select Settings (the gear icon by your title on the backside of the channel checklist).
- Select Activity Status from the sidebar.
- You ought to see a banner saying “No game detected”. Beneath this, choose Add it!
- In the dropdown field, choose the sport you want to stream and choose Add Game. You will need to have the sport in the background for it to seem in the dropdown menu.
- You ought to now find a way to Go Live on Discord.
How to Stream Any App on Discord
As we talked about, one of many main limitations of the “Go Live” perform in Discord is that you simply’re unable to stream something apart from video games. Luckily, Discord has an extraordinary display screen share perform that you should use for these.
- Join a voice channel by clicking on it.
- At the underside of the channel checklist, choose Screen.
- In the pop-up window, choose the display screen or utility you want to stream.
- Set the channel, decision, and frames per second, then choose Go Live.
- Your stream will now seem as a window inside Discord.
You ought to now be sharing your display screen with any individuals in the identical voice channel. If the display screen share isn’t working, try these Discord screen-sharing fixes.
Note: If you share a display screen, somewhat than a particular app (like a recreation), Discord won’t stream any audio coming from that app. Check out our information on how to repair sound issues in your Discord stream.
How to Go Live on Discord on iPhone or Android
Discord additionally presents display screen sharing to iPhone and Android customers. Luckily, the method is actually similar for both system. To share your display screen, observe these steps:
- Open the Discord app. If you don’t have it, obtain it from the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
- Swipe to the left to entry the server checklist and faucet the icon of a server to be part of it.
- Tap a voice channel to enter it.
- In the pop-up, choose Join Voice. Allow Discord permission to entry your microphone if required.
- Select the display screen share icon on the backside of the channel. It seems like a cell phone with an arrow leaving it.
- Select Try it out! if prompted. If you’ve used this perform earlier than, disregard this step.
- Select Start now.
You’re now sharing your display screen with anybody in the identical voice channel. To cease streaming, merely choose Stop sharing.
Going Live on Discord is Easy
Streaming a recreation on Discord is an effective way to share your experiences with your mates, particularly for those who don’t need to commit to a public streaming service like Twitch. So, now that you know the way to Go Live on Discord, what are you going to stream? Let us know in the feedback!