Whenever you want to repair a BSOD error or another sort of Windows error, the first device you in all probability attain for is the System File Checker. But what occurs should you run an SFC scan and it throws you an error as nicely?
SFC Scannow can mechanically repair many pc errors. Unfortunately, it could actually go haywire too. The commonest challenge when utilizing the system file checker is the “windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation” error. Read on to be taught what this error means and how one can repair it.
Table of Contents
What’s Windows Resource Protection?
Windows Resource Protection is a Windows function that protects vital system folders, information, and registry keys. If you strive to substitute a important system file, WRP kicks in and replaces the modified file with a cached copy of the authentic file to forestall working system errors.
The SFC device is a part of Windows Resource Protection. That’s why you get the “windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation” error when one thing goes mistaken with the SFC device.
How to Fix “Windows Resource Protection Could Not Perform the Requested Operation” Error
Several points could cause this SFC error. Usually, different Windows parts battle with the device. In different circumstances, the arduous drive is inflicting the error if you try to scan it utilizing the scannow command. Either means, you want to observe a couple of troubleshooting steps to discover the root of the error and repair it.
1. Use the Chkdsk Command
How do you repair a diagnostic device? By utilizing one other diagnostic device, in fact! The chkdsk command can repair a variety of logical and bodily errors associated to your arduous drive. This means it could actually additionally repair the “windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation” error.
1. Type cmd in the Windows search field to discover the Windows Command Prompt program and click on on Run as administrator.
2. Type chkdsk X: /r by changing X along with your arduous drive’s letter and schedule the drive examine with the subsequent system restart.
After you restart your pc, the chkdsk device will search for any disk errors and repair them. If any challenge with the arduous drive prevented you from utilizing the SFC device, the error needs to be gone now.
2. Run the SFC Utility Tool in Safe Mode
If one other system element conflicts with the system file checker, strive operating the scannow command in secure mode.
1. Type msconfig in the Windows search bar and run the system configuration app.
2. Go to the Boot panel at the high of the configuration Window, and tick the Safe boot choice.
3. Click OK and restart your pc.
Your PC will now boot in Safe Mode. Try the SFC scannow device to see if it really works.
3. Enable Windows Modules Installer
If the Windows Modules Installer is disabled, your pc isn’t getting any updates so SFC could be encountering errors. Here’s how one can make sure that it’s enabled:
1. Type providers in the Windows search bar and open the Services utility.
2. Scroll by the listing of providers and discover Windows Modules Installer.
3. Double-click on the Windows Modules Installer and set the Startup sort to Manual if it’s disabled.
Try operating the scannow command now.
4. Use Automatic Repair
If nothing helped up to now, it’s time to strive the Automatic Repair function. Windows will mechanically examine for something that isn’t arrange correctly and try to reset it to its default standing. Don’t fear, the automated restore course of received’t delete any of your information.
1. Go to Settings by trying to find settings in the Windows search bar.
2. Select Update & Security.
3. In the left panel, choose Recovery.
4. In the proper panel, click on on the Restart now button.
5. Your PC will now begin in the Windows Recovery Environment.
6. Navigate to Troubleshooting > Advanced Options and click on on Automatic Repair.
The automated restore course of will start. Windows will search for something out of the odd and mechanically repair it. If it detects an issue that it could actually’t repair, it gives you a warning, and also you’ll at the very least have the opportunity to take the applicable steps relying on the error.
5. Reset Windows
So you’ve tried every part, and SFC scannow nonetheless doesn’t work because it ought to. It’s time for a system reset. Make positive you’ve tried every part else to make the SFC device work as a result of the reset will wipe your system clear. Back up all of your vital information earlier than continuing.
There are a number of methods to do that, however it’s best to use the fundamental restoration choice until you like one among the different Windows reinstallation choices.
1. Go again to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery.
2. Click on the Get Started button proper underneath “Reset this PC.”
3. Select the Remove every part choice to reset Windows again to its manufacturing facility state in the subsequent Window.
You may also select the Keep my information choice, however the most secure guess is simply to wipe your PC clear.
Does SFC Work as Intended?
Hopefully, your “windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation” error is now gone for good. Let us know in the feedback beneath which resolution labored for you. If of another repair for this error, be at liberty to share it!