Not each person is proud of Windows 11’s interface adjustments. If you’re certainly one of them, you need to use the Start11 app to customise issues additional. Here’s how.
Windows 11 is a recent tackle Microsoft’s basic design for Windows, however that doesn’t imply everyone seems to be a fan.
If you don’t like a few of the adjustments, you possibly can customise your person interface, however the adjustments you can also make are fairly restricted. If you need to make deeper adjustments to Windows 11’s person interface, you’ll want to use a third-party utility like Stardock’s Start11.
If you’re a Start11 person, listed here are some methods you need to use it to enhance the Windows 11 Start menu and taskbar.
Table of Contents
How to Install and Use Start11 on Windows 11
Start 11 isn’t free, however you possibly can attempt the software program utilizing a 30-day trial. If you resolve to improve, it’ll value you $5.99 for one PC and $14.99 for 5 PCs.
To set up and use Start11 on Windows 11:
- Download the Start11 installer and run it in your PC.
- Follow the on-screen directions in the installer window to full the set up.
- Start11 will provide you with choices to configure completely different person interface settings. For instance, you’ll be requested if you need to transfer the taskbar and Start menu to the left—make your alternative and click on OK.(*11*)
- Next, you’ll get a bunch of various choices for altering the Start menu. It even features a Windows 7 Start menu type. It’s additionally price noting you could select one other one like compact, grid, and compact grid choices. Just choose the choice that works finest for you.
- After you make your choice, attempt to reduce folders and apps to see the way it seems to be. In the instance beneath, we set the Start button to Biohazard and use the Windows 7 type Start menu.
Customize the Start Button Icon Using Start11
Another attention-grabbing characteristic of Start11 is utilizing a customized Start button icon. This is just supported when the Start button is on the left, so that you’ll want to configure your Start menu place first.
To customise the Start button icon, use the following steps:
- Click on Start Button from the choices on the left of Start11.
- Under the Use a customized begin button picture part, choose Pick picture.
- Now, select certainly one of the Start button choices provided by Stardock. You also can select your personal picture if it’s in the right measurement; you could find lots on the WinCustomize website. For instance, we chosen the commonplace Start button and set it to a Windows 7-style menu in the picture beneath.
How to Customize Taskbar on Windows 11 Using Start11
In the transparency part of Start11, you may have completely different choices for customizing the Windows 11 taskbar.
To use the Start11 app to customise the taskbar:
- Open Start11.
- Click the Taskbar choice on the left and develop the Taskbar blur, transparency, and shade part.
- You can blur the wallpaper underneath the taskbar, use automated shade for the taskbar, and alter taskbar transparency by clicking the Settings button and adjusting the slider.
- Click Apply a customized texture to the taskbar. In this part, you possibly can select a customized taskbar background texture, auto-apply accent shade to texture, alter texture transparency, and set texture alignment.
- When adjusting transparency, be sure that it’s gentle sufficient to see the icons in your taskbar. For instance, we’ve set the Start button to biohazard in the following picture, a Windows 7 menu, and a customized taskbar texture.
How to Configure Search in Start11
Start11 additionally contains the skill to handle and customise Search on Windows.
To customise Search on Windows 11 utilizing Start11:
- Open Start11.
- The Search part of Start11 can allow or disable numerous search capabilities like displaying search outcome filtering icons, search file contents and names, and search shortcuts on the desktop and in Stardock Fences.
How to Restore the Task Manager Menu on Windows 11
On Windows 11, it’s annoying to discover methods to open Task Manager. For instance, on Windows 10, you merely right-click the taskbar, and Task Manager is true there to open.
However, the Taskbar on Windows 11 doesn’t work the identical—it solely brings up taskbar settings. Start 11 can convey the Windows 10 performance again. Below is a shot of utilizing the built-in taskbar menu to open Task Manager on Windows 10.
To make Task Manager simply accessible from the Taskbar once more on Windows 11:
- Open Start11 and choose the Taskbar class.
- Expand the Taskbar proper click on menus part and toggle on Replace taskbar proper click on menu with Windows 10 type one
- After you allow the characteristic, once you right-click wherever on the taskbar, you’ll get an expertise related to that on Windows 10. Task Manager will likely be the second choice on the menu—similar to you’re used to.
How to Improve the Windows 11 User Experience with Start11
Using Start11, you possibly can customise your Windows 11 person expertise additional. For many customers, having the ability to substitute the Task Manager menu from the taskbar is price the worth alone. It additionally accommodates loads of customization choices for many who like to make your OS distinctive. In specific, it may well enhance the Windows 11 Start Menu and Taskbar with Start11.
The app isn’t good—for instance, it doesn’t permit you to pin folders or apps to the Taskbar (but, anyway). It additionally doesn’t do an amazing job at creating the reside tiles expertise of Windows 10. It’s a begin, nevertheless, and Stardock continues to roll out updates to enhance the app.
You can do a couple of different issues natively on Windows 11 to customise your person expertise, nevertheless. For instance, you might have considered trying to allow darkish mode or customise the taskbar.