Every time you reboot or flip in your pc, a bunch of various processes, companies and information work in tandem to make sure that the booting course of transpires as supposed. If any of those processes or information had been to be rendered corrupt or lacking, points are certain to come up. Several studies have surfaced after customers up to date Windows 10 1909 model, they encountered an error message that reads, There was an issue beginning StartupCheckLibrary.dll. The specified module couldn’t be discovered. after each reboot. We carry to you an ideal information that can enable you to repair StartupCheckLibrary.dll lacking error.
How to Fix StartupCheckLibrary.dll Missing Error
The error message is sort of self-explanatory and informs about StartupCheckLibrary.dll being lacking. This file assists Windows in system startup and is accountable for working startup information. It is an official Microsoft system file and is present in C:WindowsSystem32 listing together with different DLL information. Although, it has been closely linked with pc trojans. The malware model of .dll file could discover its manner onto your pc system by way of pirated copies of packages and video games.
- Antivirus packages are identified to quarantine a doubtful StartupCheckLibrary.dll file and thus, immediate this error.
- If sure Windows OS information or bugs within the not too long ago put in model of Windows can even trigger this concern.
How does one resolve the issue of lacking information? By merely discovering the lacking merchandise.
- Firstly, you will have to guarantee that the antivirus program or Windows defender hasn’t falsely quarantined the StartupCheckLibrary.dll file. If it has, test the integrity of the file earlier than releasing it from quarantine & restoring it
- Command-line instruments equivalent to SFC and DISM can be utilized to repair corrupt StartupCheckLibrary.dll file.
- Removing traces of dll file from Task Scheduler &Windows Registry may help eliminate the annoying pop-up.
- You can even manually obtain an official copy of the file and place it at its designated location.
- Alternately, revert to the Windows model that didn’t create the identical concern.
The above factors are defined beneath in a step-by-step method.
Method 1: Restore .dll file from Quarantined Threats
As talked about earlier, StartupCheckLibrary.dll could be contaminated by a virus and the antivirus program should have marked it as a menace & quarantined it. This would stop the file from inflicting any additional harm to your PC. If the StartupCheckLibrary.dll has certainly been quarantined, merely releasing it ought to do the trick. Although, earlier than releasing, guarantee that the .dll file is reliable.
1. Press the Windows key, kind Windows Security, and click on on Open.
2. Click on Virus & menace safety choice as proven.
3. Here, click on on Protection historical past.
4. Open all Threat eliminated or restored entries and test if StartupCheckLibrary.dll is likely one of the affected objects. If sure, test if the quarantined StartupCheckLibrary.dll file is a trojan or an official Microsoft file.
5. Press Windows + E keys collectively to open File Explorer and navigate to C:WindowsSystem32 folder as proven.
6. Locate StartupCheckLibrary.dll file.
8. If the file seems to be reliable, observe steps 1-4 to Threat eliminated or restored entries web page.
9. Click on Actions > Restore to restore StartupCheckLibrary.dll file from Quarantine.
Also Read: Fix VCRUNTIME140.dll is Missing from Windows 10
Method 2: Perform SFC and DISM Scans
You might be shocked to understand how usually system information on Windows are rendered corrupt or go lacking altogether. This normally happens due to the set up of bootlegged software program however typically, a buggy Window replace can even corrupt OS information. Fortunately, Windows 10 comes with a few built-in instruments, particularly, the System File Checker (SFC) and Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) to restore corrupt system information and pictures. So, let’s use it to rectify this error.
1. Hit the Windows key, kind Command Prompt and click on on Run as administrator.
2. Click on Yes within the User Account Control immediate.
3. Type sfc /scannow and press Enter key to run System File Checker scan.
Note: A system scan might be initiated and it’ll take a few minutes to end. Meanwhile, you may proceed performing different actions however be conscious of not by accident closing the window.
4. Once the scan is completed, restart your PC.
Check whether or not StartupCheckLibrary.dll module is lacking error prevails. If sure, then observe these directions:
5. Again, launch Command Prompt as administrator and execute the given instructions one after the opposite:
dism.exe /Online /cleanup-image /scanhealth dism.exe /Online /cleanup-image /restorehealth dism.exe /Online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
Note: You should have a working web connection to execute DISM instructions correctly.
Also Read: Fix DLL Not Found or Missing in your Windows Computer
Method 3: Delete StartUpCheckLibrary.dll file
It is sort of attainable that your StartupCheckLibrary.dll has been fully eliminated out of your pc by the antivirus program or by the current Windows replace. Although there is likely to be some scheduled duties which might be unaware of the removing and each time these duties go off, StartupCheckLibrary.dll module is lacking error pops up. You can manually clear traces of .dll file
- from Windows Registry Editor and delete the duties in Task Scheduler
- or, use Autoruns by Microsoft for this function.
1. Open the Microsoft Autoruns webpage in your most popular net browser.
2. Click on Download Autoruns and Autorunsc proven highlighted beneath.
3. Right-click on the Autoruns file and select Extract to Autoruns choice as proven.
Note: Depending in your system structure select Autoruns or Autoruns64.
4. Once the extraction course of is accomplished, right-click Autoruns64 folder and select Run as Administrator from the context menu.
5. Locate StartupCheckLibrary. Either uncheck the entry or delete it and restart your Windows 10 PC.
Note: We have proven MicrosoftEdgeUpdateTaskMachineCore entry for instance beneath.
Also Read: Fix Windows 10 Update Pending Install
Method 4: Uninstall Windows Updates
If not one of the above strategies proved profitable in eliminating this annoying error, strive reverting to a earlier Windows construct. If there’s an replace out there, set up it first and test should you encounter the identical concern. You can even restore Windows 10 to try to repair StartupCheckLibrary.dll lacking error. To uninstall a current Windows replace, observe given steps:
1. Press Windows + I keys concurrently to open Settings.
2. Click on the Update & Security tile, as proven.
3. Go to the Windows Update tab, click on on View replace historical past, as depicted.
4. Next, click on on Uninstall updates as proven.
5. In the next window, click on on the Installed On column header to type updates primarily based on their set up dates.
6. Right-click the latest Windows Update patch and choose Uninstall as illustrated beneath.
7. Follow the on-screen prompts to end the uninstallation course of.
Method 5: Reinstall Windows
We advocate you obtain the file by reinstalling your Windows altogether. Download the Windows Installation Media Creation Tool. Then, observe the steps listed in our information on How to do a Clean Install of Windows 10.
Note: Be extraordinarily cautious when downloading the file from any random web site as it could come bundled with malware and virus.
Let us and different readers know which one of many above options helped you repair StartupCheckLibrary.dll lacking error. Feel free to attain out to us along with your queries and solutions by way of remark part beneath.