Want to randomize the songs you’re listening to on Spotify? You’ll want to use shuffle for that, however provided that it’s working. If it isn’t, attempt these steps.
Want to combine up your Spotify playlists? You can use the shuffle possibility to do it.
Shuffling mixes up the order of your playlist queue. You gained’t hear the songs in the identical order, randomizing them to create a singular listening expertise each time. That is, in fact, if the Spotify shuffle characteristic is working.
If you want to sort things when the Spotify shuffle isn’t working correctly, you’ll want to observe our steps under.
Table of Contents
How to Enable Spotify Shuffle Mode
If you’re new to Spotify and haven’t used the Spotify shuffle performance earlier than, we’ll have a look at how to allow it on desktop and cell.
Note: To get the entire Spotify shuffle expertise, you want to pay for a Premium subscription. You can solely shuffle music on particular playlists when you’ve got a free account, like these made for you. If you’ve canceled your subscription, it’s possible you’ll want to reenable it.
Enable Spotify Shuffle on PC or Mac
You can entry the Spotify shuffle utilizing the playlist instruments on the backside.
To allow Spotify shuffle mode on a PC or a Mac:
- Launch the Spotify desktop app in your PC or Mac.
- Navigate to a playlist you need to hear and begin taking part in it.
- Click the Enable shuffle button on the backside.
- When the Shuffle possibility is on, the icon will seem inexperienced with a dot above it.
Enable Spotify Shuffle on Mobile
To allow Spotify Shuffle on cell:
- Launch the Spotify cell app and begin taking part in a music from a playlist.
- As the music is taking part in, faucet the Shuffle button to the left of the Play button.
- To allow shuffle mode, faucet the Shuffle characteristic. Alternatively, faucet Smart Shuffle.
- If you select Smart Shuffle, Spotify will add various advisable songs to your music queue, based mostly on what you want to pay attention to.
How to Fix Spotify Shuffle Not Working
The steps above ought to make it easier to to shortly allow and use Spotify’s two important options for shuffling songs. If it doesn’t work, you’ll want to look into why and check out to troubleshoot it.
For instance, it might play the identical music a number of occasions in a row or not shuffle in any respect and play one music repeatedly. If this occurs, listed here are some basic items you possibly can attempt to repair it.
Disable and Reenable the Feature
The very first thing it’s best to attempt to do if Spotify shuffle isn’t working is to flip it on and off once more.
To do that on PC or Mac:
- Click the Shuffle button to disable the characteristic and click on it once more to reenable it.
- If that doesn’t work, there’s one other manner to flip Shuffle off and again on. Click the three-dot menu on the top-left nook and navigate to Playback > Shuffle.
To do that on Android, iPhone, or iPad:
- Tap the Shuffle button subsequent to the Play button within the cell app.
- Tap it once more and choose the Smart Shuffle possibility to shuffle by means of extra songs.
Log Out and Log Back into Spotify
Your account is perhaps inflicting some points with Spotify, particularly for those who’ve not too long ago downgraded to an ordinary (free) account. If this occurs, you may want to log off of Spotify and signal again in once more.
To log off of Spotify and again in, observe these steps:
- On PC or Mac, click on the menu along with your account title within the upper-right nook and choose Log out.
- After logging out, the log in display will come up. Enter the proper electronic mail deal with and password and click on the Log in button.
You also can shortly signal out and in on a cell machine. To do that:
- Open the Spotify app in your cell machine.
- Open Settings.
- Scroll to the underside of the menu and faucet the Log out button.
- When the verification message seems, faucet the Log out button.
- The app will log you out and convey you again to the principle web page. Tap the Log in button on the backside and enter your account credentials.
How to Repair or Reset Spotify App
If you’re nonetheless having points with Spotify shuffle not working, you possibly can restore or reset the Spotify app.
How to Repair or Reset Spotify on Windows 11
On Windows 11, you possibly can attempt repairing the Spotify app first:
- Open the Start menu and click on Settings.
- When Settings opens, choose Apps > Installed apps > Installed apps.
- Type spotify within the Search apps discipline on the high.
- Click the three-dot button subsequent to the Spotify possibility and choose Advanced choices.
- Scroll down to the Reset part and click on the Repair button.
- The restore takes a second, and when full, it’ll present a examine subsequent to the Repair button.
- After the restore, exit Settings and see if Spotify shuffling is working.
- If the app restore course of doesn’t repair the difficulty, click on the Reset button below the Repair possibility.
- Click the Reset button when the affirmation seems.
- After the reset completes, a examine will seem subsequent to it, letting it’s full.
How to Reset Spotify on Windows 10
If you’re not on Windows 11 but, you possibly can reset apps on Windows 10.
To do that, open Settings > Apps and click on on Spotify Advanced Options. Scroll down and click on the Reset button.
How to Uninstall and Reinstall Spotify
If the shuffle characteristic nonetheless isn’t working, it’s possible you’ll want to reinstall the app.
How to Uninstall and Reinstall Spotify on Windows 11
You can shortly take away Spotify on Windows 11 and reinstall it utilizing the Settings menu.
- To do that, open Start > Settings.
- In Settings, press Apps > Apps & options.
- Type spotify within the Search apps discipline.
- Click the three-dot button subsequent to the Spotify entry and select Uninstall.
- Click Uninstall a second time to confirm.
- Once you’ve eliminated it, download and install the latest version of Spotify.
How to Uninstall and Reinstall Spotify on Windows 10
To uninstall the Spotify desktop app on Windows 10:
- Open Start > Settings.
- In Settings, click on Apps.
- Search for Spotify within the search discipline on the high.
- Expand Spotify and click on the Uninstall button subsequent to the app.
- Click Uninstall a second time to confirm.
- Once Spotify is eliminated, download and install the latest version of it to restore your entry.
How to Uninstall Spotify on Android or iPhone
Uninstalling Spotify from Android or iPhone is simple. To do that:
- Long-press the Spotify icon and choose Uninstall or Remove app from the menu that seems and confirm.
- Once you’ve eliminated it out of your machine, obtain and set up it once more by way of the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
Generally, Spotify does a wonderful job of protecting your playlists organized and recurrently together with new options. If you’re having an issue with Spotify shuffle not working, nonetheless, utilizing the steps above ought to get it working once more. Just understand that reinstalling the app needs to be a final resort.
There are loads of options out there to Spotify customers—if it’s working correctly. Unfortunately, nothing is ideal, so if Spotify retains stopping or Spotify can’t play the present music, you’ll want to have a look at some additional troubleshooting fixes.
Got it working once more? Check out your Spotify listening historical past to take a look at your listening habits. If you’re a gamer, why not contemplate taking part in Spotify on Discord, too?