Roblox is for avid gamers to play and sport builders to develop numerous video games. It is a well-liked world gaming platform that may be accessed on virtually all platforms. However, it’s possible you’ll face Roblox error 279 whereas enjoying video games. And so, your sport progress might be misplaced together with the saved information. This is a standard error reported in units due to connectivity points. When you face this subject, you can’t set up a reference to the server. Read beneath to repair Roblox error code 279.
How to Fix Roblox Error 279 on Windows 10
Roblox was created in 2004 by David Baszucki & Erik Cassel. Millions of customers be a part of the digital platform day by day to share their experiences, play, study, and socialize within the digital world sport growth course of. Moreover, it’s greater than a gaming platform extra generally utilized by each genders, with greater than 40 % feminine customers worldwide.
Often, you can’t join to its server, dealing with the next error.
DISCONNECTED: Failed to join with the Game. (ID=17: Connection try failed.) (Error Code 279)
There are three IDs reported with the error code: ID=17, ID=146, and ID= 148.
Fortunately, on this information, now we have compiled a listing of causes that trigger Roblox error code 279 and troubleshooting options to resolve the identical.
Reasons Behind Roblox Error 279
- If your Windows Defender Firewall blocks the sport/app due to content material filtering, you can’t entry the sport. You are suggested to whitelist your sport or disable Windows Defender Firewall quickly to repair the difficulty.
- Likewise, in case your Antivirus program is obstructing the applying, you’ll face this error. Disable it quickly and examine in case you have mounted the difficulty.
- If your community connection is slower than the essential requirement of the sport or the app, you can’t set up a secure web reference to the sport server, main to such errors.
- When a obligatory factor of the sport is lacking or corrupt, you’ll face such errors. You will see a clean display, and you’ll hear no sound. You might have to reinstall the sport in such circumstances.
- When too many browser extensions are added to your net browser, it’s possible you’ll face this error. Also, once you use an outdated browser, it’s possible you’ll face the identical error code.
- If the DNS setup and port-forwarding strategies aren’t up to the mark, you’ll face this subject. Renewing your IP deal with, altering DNS servers, or establishing port forwarding on the router might repair this drawback.
Regardless of the explanations, you’ll be able to simply resolve Roblox error code 279 on Windows 10 by following the below-mentioned troubleshooting options.
Method 1: Troubleshoot Router Settings
Use any of the given choices to troubleshoot web connectivity points & repair Roblox error 279.
Option 1: Restart Router
Restarting the router will re-initiate the community connectivity. Few customers reported that each one the modifications marked within the configuration settings might be efficient in motion when you restart the router.
1. Find the ON/OFF button in the back of your router. Press the button as soon as to flip off your router.
2. Now, disconnect the ability cable and wait till the ability is solely drained from the capacitors.
3. Wait for a minute earlier than restoring the energy and wait till the community connection is re-established.
Option 2: Enable Port Forwarding
Roblox has a set of port ranges which are required to set up a secure community reference to the router. You will face this error if there’s a paucity of required ports to be opened. You can allow this port forwarding function by following the below-mentioned steps:
Note: Port Forwarding settings will fluctuate in accordance to the router producer & mannequin.
1. Find Default Gateway deal with of your router by executing ipconfig /all command in Command Prompt, as depicted beneath.
2. Launch your net browser and go to your Router Default Gateway deal with.
3. Here, enter your Login Credentials and Login.
4. Then, navigate to Port Forwarding or Virtual Server possibility and click on on Add button.
5. Next, enter the UDP port as:
ROBLOX PC PORTS
ROBLOX XBOX ONE PORTS
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
6. Finally, click on on Save or Apply button to save the modifications.
7. Then, Restart your router and PC. Check if the difficulty is resolved now.
Option 3: Reset Router
If the error nonetheless persists after restarting the router, it’s possible you’ll reset your router settings. Before you accomplish that, you will need to perceive that:
- Router reset will convey the router to the manufacturing facility settings.
- All the settings and setups like forwarded ports, black-listed connections, credentials, and so forth., might be erased.
- After Reset, the router will change again to its default settings and authentication password.
Still, for those who determine to reset the router, make a remark of all such particulars after which, comply with these steps:
1. Open the router settings utilizing the default gateway IP deal with as earlier and Login.
2. Note down all of the configuration settings. You would require them after resetting the router as it’s possible you’ll lose your ISP credentials for those who use a P2P protocol (Point-to-Point Protocol over the Internet)
3. Press and maintain the Reset button in your router for 10-30 seconds.
Note: You have to use pointing units like a pin, or toothpick to press the RESET button.
4. The router will robotically flip off and switch again on. You can launch the button when the lights start to blink.
5. Re-enter the configuration particulars for the router on the webpage and restart the router.
Also Read: Fix Wireless Router Keeps Disconnecting Or Dropping
Method 2: Run Network Adapter (*279*)
Running the Network Adapter (*279*) will resolve any glitches within the Ethernet connection and probably, repair Roblox error code 279.
Note: This technique is relevant not just for Windows 10 but additionally for Windows 7 & 8.1.
1. Press Windows + I keys concurrently to launch Settings.
2. Click on the Update & Security tile, as proven.
3. Go to Troubleshoot menu from the left pane and find Find and repair different issues in proper pane.
4. Select Network Adapter troubleshooter and click on on Run the troubleshooter button proven highlighted.
5. Wait for the troubleshooter to detect and repair the issue. Once the method is full, comply with on-screen directions and restart your PC.
Method 3: Renew IP Configuration
Few customers have reported that the code 279 error could be mounted by renewing the IP configuration as follows:
1. Press the Windows key, kind Command Prompt, and click on on Run as an administrator.
2. Enter the next instructions one after one other and hit Enter key after typing every
3. Additionally, execute ipconfig /flushDNS command as proven.
4. Finally, restart your Windows PC.
Also Read: Fix Wi-Fi Adapter Not Working in Windows 10
Method 4: Change DNS Settings
DNS refers to the Domain Name System or Domain Name Server or Domain Name Service. It connects to the web site by way of its IP deal with. There could also be some incorrect DNS settings that will trigger Roblox error 279. Read our information to change DNS settings on Windows 10 to repair the issue.
Method 5: Allow Roblox Through Windows Defender Firewall
Sometimes, potential applications are additionally blocked by the in-built Firewall program. You are suggested to add an exception to this system to resolve Roblox error 279 subject as follows:
1. Type Control Panel within the Windows Search bar and click on Open.
2. Here, set View by: > Large icons and click on on Windows Defender Firewall to proceed.
3. Next, click on on Allow an app or function by way of Windows Defender Firewall.
4A. Search and permit Roblox by way of the Firewall by ticking the checkboxes marked Private and Public.
4B. Alternatively, you’ll be able to click on on Change Settings, then Allow one other app… button to browse and add the Roblox app to the listing. Then, examine the bins corresponding to it.
5. Finally, click on OK to save the modifications.
Also Read: How to Download Hextech Repair Tool
Method 6: Add Roblox App Exclusion
If Windows Firewall just isn’t inflicting battle with Roblox, the antivirus software program in your system is probably going blocking it or vice-versa. You can add an exclusion for it to repair Roblox error code 279 on Windows 10 PCs.
Option 1: Through Windows Security App
1. Hit the Windows key, kind virus and risk safety, and press the Enter key.
2. Now, click on on Manage settings.
3. Scroll down and click on Add or take away exclusions as depicted beneath.
4. In the Exclusions tab, choose the Add an exclusion possibility and click on on File as proven.
5. Now, navigate to the file listing the place you’ve put in this system and choose Roblox file.
6. Wait for the software to be added to the safety suite, and you’re prepared to go. ,
Option 2: Through Third-party Antivirus
Note: We have proven the steps for Avast Free Antivirus for instance.
1. Launch Avast Antivirus and click on on the Menu possibility from the highest proper nook, as highlighted.
2. Here, click on on Settings from the drop-down listing.
3. In the General menu, go to Blocked & Allowed apps.
4. Then, click on on ALLOW APP below the List of allowed apps part, as proven.
5A. Now, click on on ADD, corresponding to the Roblox app path to add it to the whitelist.
Note: We have proven App Installer being added as an exclusion beneath.
5B. Alternately, you might also browse for the Roblox app by deciding on the SELECT APP PATH possibility then, click on on the ADD button.
Also Read: How to Fix Error Code 775 on DirecTV
Method 7: Switch to Another Browser
Roblox is suitable with Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Mozilla Firefox browsers. If you utilize another browsers, you’ll face this error. It can be higher to change your net browser to a suitable browser to get pleasure from uninterrupted streaming. After switching your browser, examine in case you have mounted the difficulty.
Note: You aren’t suggested to skip this technique since it is rather necessary to decide whether or not it’s a browser-based error.
If you’ll be able to entry the sport (which you can’t entry in your earlier browser) in another browsers, then the error is related along with your browser, and you may attempt updating or resetting the browser as mentioned in upcoming strategies.
Note: Since Google Chrome is generally most popular for Roblox, the strategies are demonstrated for the Chrome browser. If you utilize another browsers, comply with the steps in accordance to it.
Method 8: Remove Harmful Software from Chrome
Few incompatible applications in your system will make your PC sluggish, and this may very well be mounted for those who take away them utterly out of your system.
1. Launch Google Chrome and click on on the three-dotted icon.
2. Here, choose the Settings possibility.
3. Here, click on on the Advanced setting within the left pane and choose the Reset and clear up possibility.
4. Now, choose the Cleanup laptop possibility as depicted beneath.
5. Here, click on on the Find button to allow Chrome to discover dangerous software program in your laptop.
6. Wait for the method to be accomplished and take away the dangerous applications detected by Google Chrome. Reboot your system and examine if the difficulty is resolved.
Method 9: Disable Browser Add-ons (If Applicable)
When you’ve too many tabs in your system, the browser & laptop velocity might be very sluggish. In this case, your system is not going to function usually, main to Roblox error code 279. Now, you’ll be able to attempt closing all of the pointless tabs and restart your system.
If you’ve closed all of the tabs and nonetheless face the difficulty, attempt to disable all unrequired extensions as follows:
1. Launch the Google Chrome browser and click on on the three-dotted icon.
2. Here, choose More instruments > Extensions as illustrated beneath.
3. Finally, change Off the toggle for the extensions you need to disable.
Note: We have proven Grammarly for Chrome for instance.
4. Repeat the identical for all heavy extensions that you don’t want. Refresh your browser and examine if the difficulty is mounted now.
Also Read: How to Enable DNS over HTTPS in Chrome
Method 10: Reset Chrome
Resetting Chrome will restore the browser to its default settings and probably, repair Roblox error 279.
1. Open Google Chrome and go to chrome://settings/reset
2. Click on the Restore settings to their authentic defaults possibility, proven highlighted.
3. Now, affirm your motion by clicking on the Reset Settings button.
Method 11: Reinstall Roblox
If not one of the strategies have helped you, then attempt to reinstall Roblox because the final resort.
1. Hit the Windows key, kind apps and options, and click on on Open.
2. Search for Roblox within the Search this listing area. Select Roblox Player and click on on Uninstall, as depicted beneath.
3. Again, click on on Uninstall to affirm it once more.
4. Wait as Windows finishes Uninstalling Roblox out of your PC.
Note: If this system has been uninstalled, you’ll be able to affirm by looking it once more. You will obtain a message; We couldn’t discover something to present right here. Double examine your search standards as proven.
5. Go to the Robox official website and choose a sport.
6. Click on the Play button proven highlighted within the pic beneath.
7. Then, click on Download and set up Roblox button.
8. After downloading the setup file, run the RobloxPlayerLauncher by double-clicking on it.
9. Wait whereas OS finishes Installing Roblox.
10. You will obtain the message that ROBLOX IS SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED! as proven.
11. Relaunch the app and begin enjoying!
We hope that this information was useful, and you would repair Roblox error 279 in your system. Let us know which technique labored for you the most effective. Also, in case you have any queries/ideas relating to this text, then be at liberty to drop them within the feedback part.