Discord’s notification points are uncommon, however after they happen, they make you miss out on among the essential actions taking place on the platform. If you’ve discovered your self in an identical state of affairs the place you don’t get well timed Discord notifications, you possibly can strive a number of issues to troubleshoot the problem.
You can strive changing your Discord status, disable your PC’s function that blocks all notifications, and even reinstall the Discord shopper. Here are all of the methods you can also make the app ship alerts on time on your laptop.
Table of Contents
Change Your Discord Status to Online
Discord affords a number of consumer statuses so you possibly can inform folks what you’re up to. One of those is Do Not Disturb, which blocks all of your desktop notifications. You want to ensure you’re not utilizing this standing, and if you’re, change that to Online to resume your app alerts.
Here’s how one can test that:
- Launch Discord on your laptop.
- Select your profile icon on the bottom-left nook.
- Choose Online as your new standing, and your Discord notifications ought to resume.
Enable Notifications in Discord
Discord permits you to allow and disable notifications from the app’s settings menu. If you or another person has toggled that possibility, you’ll want to be certain that the choice is enabled, so that you get all of the app alerts.
Here’s the place to discover the choice to permit notifications in Discord:
- Launch Discord and choose the gear icon on the bottom-left nook.
- Choose Notifications from the sidebar on the left.
- Turn on Enable Desktop Notifications within the pane on the appropriate.
- Select Esc on the top-right to return to Discord’s predominant display.
Turn Off Focus help on Windows to Fix Discord Notifications
Windows’ Focus help function helps you focus on your duties by blocking all distractions, like app notifications. If you’ve enabled this feature, which may be why your Discord notifications are blocked.
You can resolve the problem by turning off Focus help on your PC as follows:
- Open Settings on your PC by urgent Windows + I keys concurrently.
- Select System in Settings.
- Choose Focus help from the sidebar on the left.
- Select Off on the appropriate to disable Focus help.
- Turn off all guidelines within the Automatic guidelines part as effectively.
Discord ought to now ship you all alerts as and after they’re accessible.
Check Discord Server Notifications
If you’re solely lacking particular server alerts from Discord, chances are high you’ve personalized the server notification settings for that specific server. You can customise the choice to begin receiving all alerts from that server.
- Open Discord and discover the server you’re lacking notifications from.
- Right-click the server and hover over Notification Settings.
- Choose the alerts you’d like to allow. For instance, if you need to obtain all alerts from the server, select All Messages.
- Repeat the above course of for every server you’re lacking notifications from.
Your Discord utility isn’t with out bugs, and one in all these bugs is probably going making you miss notifications. One method to presumably repair this problem is to replace your Discord app. The newer app model ought to probably resolve your drawback.
- Find the Discord icon in your PC’s system tray.
- Right-click the Discord icon and select Check for Updates.
- Wait for Discord to discover and set up the most recent updates.
Log Out and Back Into Your Discord Account
Minor app glitches with Discord are frequent, and you may resolve most of those points by logging out and again into your account within the app. You’ll want your Discord account logins to do that, so maintain these useful.
- Open Discord and choose the gear icon on the bottom-left nook.
- Scroll down the left sidebar and select Log Out.
- Select Log Out within the immediate to signal out of your account.
- Log again into your account in Discord.
Uninstall and Reinstall Discord
If your Discord notifications are nonetheless not working, strive eradicating and reinstalling Discord on your laptop. This deletes all Discord’s core information, together with the presumably corrupt and problematic information.
You’ll want your Discord login particulars to log again into your account, so maintain these useful.
- Open Settings by urgent Windows + I keys concurrently.
- Choose Apps on the Settings window.
- Find and choose Discord within the app checklist. Then, select Uninstall.
- Select Uninstall within the immediate to uninstall Discord on your PC.
- Restart your PC.
- Launch an internet browser, head over to the Discord site, and obtain the app to your PC.
- Run the downloaded file to set up Discord.
Update Your Computer
Keeping your PC’s working system up to date is as essential as protecting your apps up to date. OS-level updates deliver core enhancements and bug fixes, probably resolving your notification issues.
You can replace your Windows PC in a number of simple clicks as follows:
- Access Settings by urgent Windows + I.
- Choose Update & Security in Settings.
- Select Windows Update on the left and Check for updates on the appropriate.
- Download and set up the accessible updates.
- Reboot your PC as soon as your updates are put in.
Disable Streamer Mode
When you allow streamer mode, Discord turns off all of your notifications so that you don’t get disturbed. It’s value disabling this mode, or the choice that disables your app alerts, once you expertise notification issues.
- Launch Discord and choose User Settings on the bottom-left nook.
- Choose Streamer Mode within the sidebar on the left.
- Turn off the Enable Streamer Mode possibility on the appropriate.
4. If you’d like to allow notifications whereas streamer mode is turned on, toggle off the Disable Notifications possibility.
Getting Around the Discord Notifications Not Working Issue
If Discord occurs to be your main chat shopper, lacking out on essential updates can price you quite a bit. Luckily, there are numerous methods to get around this app’s notification problems. Once you’ve adopted the above strategies, your Discord app ought to resume your notifications.