Do you end up all completely happy together with your Desktop aesthetics after which abruptly you discover an icon that’s clean and protruding like a sore thumb? It is sort of annoying, isn’t it? The concern with the Blank icon is nothing new and Windows 11 just isn’t immune to this both. There may very well be many causes behind this reminiscent of icon cache points or outdated purposes. Well, if you happen to additionally get your OCD ticking seeing this clean icon ruining the entire vibe as I do, let me let you know that I perceive your ache. Hence, we’re going to repair clean icons in Windows 11.
How to Fix Blank Icons in Windows 11
There are a number of methods to repair clean icons on Desktop in Windows 11 relying on the trigger behind it. We have listed the most typical methods of troubleshooting this concern beneath.
Method 1: Manually Add App Icons
Follow the steps talked about beneath to manually add lacking app icon in the clean icon file:
1. Right-click on the clean icon and choose Properties from the context menu, as proven.
2. In the Shortcut tab of the Properties window, click on on the Change Icon… button.
3. In the Change Icon window, choose your desired icon from the checklist and click on on OK.
4. Click on Apply > OK to save these modifications.
Also Read: How to Restore Missing Recycle Bin Icon in Windows 11
Method 2: Run DISM and SFC Scans
Here’s how to repair clean icons in Windows 11 by operating DISM and SFC scans:
1. Press the Windows key and sort Command Prompt. Click on Run as administrator to launch Elevated Command Prompt.
2. Click on Yes in the User Account Control immediate.
3. Type given instructions and press the Enter key to scan & rectify points in OS recordsdata:
- DISM /Online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /restorehealth
Note: Your laptop have to be linked to the web to execute this command correctly.
4. Restart your PC & open Elevated Command Prompt as soon as once more.
5. Execute SFC /scannow command, as depicted beneath.
6. Restart your laptop.
Also Read: How to Pin Apps to Taskbar on Windows 11
Method 3: Restart Windows Explorer
Here’s how to repair clean icons on Windows 11 by restarting Windows Explorer:
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys collectively to open Task Manager.
2. Scroll down the checklist of lively processes in the Processes tab and click on on Windows Explorer.
3. Then, click on on Restart on the underside right-hand nook, proven highlighted.
Also Read: How to Disable Startup Programs in Windows 11
Method 4: Clear Icon Cache
Another technique to repair clean icons on Windows 11 is by clearing the icon cache. Follow these steps to achieve this:
1. Press Windows + E keys collectively to open File Explorer.
2. Click on View in the Menu bar.
3. From the checklist that seems, click on on Show > Hidden gadgets, as depicted beneath.
4. Type the next location path in the handle bar and press the Enter key:
5. Scroll down and choose the file named IconCache.db
6. Delete the file by urgent the Shift + Del keys collectively.
7. Click on Delete in the affirmation immediate and restart your PC.
Also Read: How to Change Desktop Icons on Windows 11
Method 5: Update Troublesome App
This can’t be confused sufficient that you must hold all apps up to date, always, in any respect prices. Most of the problems that you simply face with any program could be resolved by a easy replace. Updating the app is dependent upon the applying and the supply of the app.
- If you put in the app from Microsoft Store, you may replace it from the Library web page of the Microsoft Store app.
- In case you put in the app utilizing an installer downloaded from the web, click on the Update possibility in the app itself.
- Or, Download the replace from the official app web site and set up the replace manually like another regular set up.
You can comply with our article on How to Update Apps on Windows 11 for a extra complete clarification of the identical.
Method 6: Reinstall Troublesome App
As fairly apparent, all points with an app could be rectified by reinstalling the stated app. You may do the identical from Settings app, as follows:
1. Press Windows + X to open Windows 11 Quick Link menu.
2. Click Apps and options from the checklist.
3. Scroll by way of the checklist of put in apps and click on on the three-dotted icon for the app that you really want to uninstall. e.g. uTorrent.
4. Select the Uninstall possibility, as proven.
5. Click on Uninstall in the affirmation pop-up, as depicted.
We hope this text helped you out with understanding how to repair clean icons in Windows 11. Send us your ideas and questions in the remark part beneath.