Unfortunately, Mojang’s sandbox sport Minecraft is infamous for corrupting worlds and making them unplayable. If you’ve spent a whole lot of hours in a specific world, it may be heartbreaking to discover out you may now not entry it.
Luckily, relying on the extent of corruption, it’s attainable to restore your Minecraft world from backup. Here’s how.
Table of Contents
The Quick Fix for Corrupted Worlds on PC
First, strive to create a new world with the identical identify and world seed as your misplaced world. Occasionally, this may lead to Minecraft loading your earlier world together with your stock intact. This repair will probably work for any model of Minecraft.
Note: For the sake of this tutorial, we’ll name the misplaced world “CorruptedWorld.”
To create a new world with the identical world seed:
- Open Minecraft.
- Select the unique world, then click on Edit.
- Click Export World Generation Settings. This will export a .JSON file to your saves folder.
- Go again to the world menu. Click Create New World and identify the world the identical as the unique world.
- Select More World Options.
- Click Import Settings. This will open File Explorer.
- In the handle bar, sort %appdata%.
- Open .minecraft.
- Double-click saves. This is the place your Minecraft world folders are held.
- Open your CorruptedWorld, choose the file worldgen_settings_export.json and click on Open. Wait for the world to be generated, then shut Minecraft.
If this doesn’t work, transfer on to the extra detailed fixes under.
The Longer Fix for Corrupted Worlds on PC
If the fast repair didn’t be just right for you, manually creating a new world and copying the previous sport information can repair the problem. This repair ought to work for each the Java Edition and Bedrock Edition on Windows.
This course of must also work on a Mac, however the sport information are held within the hidden Library/Application Support folder.
Step 1: Create a New World
The first step is to open Minecraft utilizing the launcher and create a new world with the identical seed as the unique world. If you don’t have the seed at hand, you will discover it by following the information within the first repair.
Step 2: Transfer Level.dat Files
The subsequent step is to switch the mandatory information to your new world. We advocate creating a backup of your world earlier than doing this step. We cowl how to achieve this under.
To switch the world information:
- Press the Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type %appdata% and press Enter.
3. Double-click .minecraft.
4. Double-click the saves folder.
5. Open CorruptedWorld and discover degree.dat, degree.dat_mcr (not at all times current), degree.dat_old, and session.lock. Right-click and replica/paste every of those information into your new world’s folder. On Minecraft Bedrock Edition, you solely want to switch degree.dat.
6. Restart Minecraft and cargo your world.
How to Restore a Minecraft World From Backup
If you’ve a backup folder of your Minecraft world, restoring your world is straightforward. All you’ve to do is switch the backup copy world into your saves folder.
Note: We advocate creating a backup of your saved video games earlier than doing this, as it would delete your native saves. You can do that in-game by deciding on your world, clicking Edit, and deciding on Make Backup. The backups are saved contained in the .minecraft folder in a second folder known as backups.
How to Restore Your World on PC/Mac
To restore your backup Minecraft worlds on PC, merely navigate to your sport saves folder as above, delete the corrupted world, and replica/paste the backup world there. The course of is identical for a Mac. To discover your sport information simply on Mac or Windows, open Minecraft, click on your corrupted world, choose Edit, then click on Open Backups Folder.
How to Restore Your World on Pocket Edition
If you play Minecraft on Android or iPhone, Minecraft PE now makes an attempt to restore corrupt saves robotically (as of Pocket Edition v0.11.0 alpha). If this doesn’t work, you may strive to restore your saved file by accessing your telephone’s automated backups (e.g., Samsung Backup, Google Backup, or iCloud on iOS). Hopefully, these have backed up your Minecraft information and might be in a position to restore your world.
If you don’t know, right here’s how one can backup and restore information on Android and iPhone.
How to Restore Your World on Console
On Xbox and PlayStation, the method to restore your world is kind of totally different.
- Uninstall Minecraft.
- Delete saved sport information by navigating to System > Storage > Clear native saved video games.
- Clear your MAC handle by navigating to Network > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC Address > Clear.
- Reinstall Minecraft and begin it. It ought to sync your saves from Xbox Live’s cloud backup server.
To restore a saved world on PlayStation, you want a PS Plus account earlier than the sport will get corrupted. To restore your world open Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in Online Storage.
Here, choose Download to System Storage, then choose the world that you really want to restore and select Download.
How to Restore a Previous Version on a Windows PC
Minecraft robotically shops backup information for every of your worlds on Microsoft Windows. Of course, reverting to this may imply you lose a few of your progress, however that’s higher than dropping the world completely.
To revert to your earlier Minecraft world model:
- Navigate to the saves folder as above.
- Find your world then double-click the folder.
- Find the file degree.dat and replica it to one other location to create a backup. Then, delete the file from the world folder.
- Rename degree.dat_old to degree.dat.
- Re-load Minecraft and see in case your world is now functioning accurately.
The downside is, you’ll begin in a random location (typically extraordinarily distant out of your builds) and have to find them, so hopefully, you’ve the coordinates written down. Further, any data relating to mods, plugins, or addons might be misplaced, and your stock might be empty. Unfortunately, these are unavoidable points with this technique.
How to Partially Restore Your World
If nothing else works and also you don’t know the unique world seed, it’s nonetheless attainable to partially restore your Minecraft world. To achieve this:
- Create a new world with any seed and identify.
- Navigate to your world folder as above and switch the CorruptedWorld degree.dat file into your new world’s folder.
- Open Minecraft and cargo your new world. All of the chunks you saved within the unique world will load within the new seed. However, there’ll probably be massive cliffs/bizarre formations between the brand new and previous world the place they don’t line up.
Backing Up Your Data is the Safest Option
Hopefully, these strategies have helped you restore your corrupted Minecraft information and you will get again to the sport. Just take into account that the most suitable choice to defend your Minecraft saves (and all your private information) is by steadily creating backups of your information.