Microsoft launched a brand new function with Preview Build 22572 in Windows 11 referred to as Search Highlights. The Search Highlights is a superb function that highlights fascinating and memorable moments proper on the Windows 11 search.
When this function is turned on, the Windows search web page will present you wealthy, daring content material highlighting what’s distinctive concerning the day. This is a priceless function because it helps you uncover extra and keep related with international and native occasions.
While the function is great, many customers consider that Search Highlights is an unneeded addition. Few customers have additionally claimed that Search Highlights generally breaks the performance and points of the Windows 11 search.
Steps to Enable or Disable Search Highlights in Windows 11
This article will share a step-by-step information to disabling Search Highlights in Windows 11. So, if you’re a kind of who don’t need to have Search highlights on high of an already sluggish Windows search, you may discover this information very helpful. Let’s get began.
1) Disable Search Highlights in Windows 11 by way of Settings
We will use the Windows 11 settings app to disable the search highlights in this methodology. Here’s how one can disable Search Highlights by way of the Settings app.
1. First of all, click on on the Windows 11 Start button and choose Settings.
2. On the Settings app, click on on the Privacy & safety tab on the left sidebar.
3. On the fitting pane, scroll down and click on on the Search permissions.
4. Now scroll down to the More Settings part on Search permissions. Next, flip off the toggle for Show search highlights.
That’s it! You are accomplished. This will disable the Search highlights in your Windows 11 laptop. After making the modifications, be certain to restart your laptop.
2) Disable Search Highlights on Windows 11 by way of Registry Editor
We will use the Registry Editor to disable the Search highlights function in this methodology. Here’s what you want to do.
1. First, click on on the Windows 11 search and kind in Registry Editor. Next, click on on the Registry Editor app from the listing.
2. On the Registry Editor, navigate to the next path:
3. On the fitting pane, discover the IsDynamicSearchFieldEnabled key. Double click on on the IsDynamicSearchFieldEnabled and set its worth information to 0.
4. Once accomplished, click on on the Ok button and restart your laptop.
5. This will disable the Search spotlight on Windows 11. If you want to allow the function once more, set 1 on the worth information discipline in Step 3 and click on the Ok button.
That’s it! You are accomplished. This is how one can allow or disable search highlights on Windows 11 by way of the registry editor.
So, that’s all about disabling the Search Highlights in Windows 11. Windows 11 Search Highlights is a superb function, however you’ll be able to simply disable it by following these two strategies if you happen to discover it ineffective.