Windows 10 launched a novel characteristic to its customers known as Inactive Window Scrolling. The characteristic allowed customers to scroll the background window with out bringing it to the entrance.
The similar characteristic can also be accessible on the brand new Windows 11, nevertheless it have to be enabled manually from the Settings app. The high quality is useful to customers who love to multitask and sometimes have a number of Windows opened on their PC.
When the inactive scrolling characteristic is enabled, customers want to hover their mouse pointer over any opened window and use the mouse wheel to begin scrolling. This frees customers from the trouble of switching forwards and backwards between opened Windows.
Steps to Enable or Disable Inactive Window Scrolling in Windows 11
Hence, if you’re in enabling the Inactive Window Scrolling characteristic in your Windows 11 pc, you might have landed on the proper web page. In this text, we’ll share the 2 finest ways in which would provide help to allow or disable the inactive Window scrolling in Windows 11. Let’s take a look at.
1) Enable or Disable Inactive Window Scrolling through Settings
We will use the Windows 11 Settings app to allow or disable the inactive window scrolling characteristic in this technique. Here’s what you want to do.
1. First of all, click on on the Windows 11 Start button and choose Settings.
2. On the Settings app, click on on the Bluetooth & gadgets choice under.
3. On the proper pane, scroll down and choose Mouse.
4. Next, scroll down and allow the toggle change for Scroll inactive home windows when hovering over them to permit the characteristic.
5. If you want to disable the Inactive scrolling, toggle off the change for Scroll inactive home windows when hovering over them.
That’s it! You are executed. This is how one can allow or disable the inactive scrolling in Windows 11.
2) Enable or Disable Inactive Scrolling through Registry
If you can not entry the Settings app, you possibly can make the most of the Registry editor to allow or disable the inactive scrolling characteristic. Here’s what you want to do.
1. First, click on on the Windows 11 search and kind in Regedit. Next, open the Registry Editor from the listing.
2. On the Registry Editor, navigate to the:
3. On the proper, double click on on the MouseWheenRouting DWORD key.
4. To disable the Inactive Scrolling, enter 0 on the Value information discipline and click on on the Ok button.
5. If you want to allow the inactive Scroll once more in your system, enter 2 on the Value information discipline in Step 4.
That’s it! You can activate or off inactive scrolling in Windows 11.
Inactive Scrolling in Windows 11 is a wonderful characteristic because it saves you just a few clicks. With this characteristic turned on, you don’t want to click on on the inactive Window to begin scrolling. So, these are the 2 finest methods to allow or disable inactive scrolling in Windows 11.