Don’t you discover it annoying if you understand that you’ve been yelling out the textual content all alongside since you unintentionally pushed the Caps Lock key? Everyone is aware of and has been change into acceptable that you simply kind in all caps if you need to emphasize your level, in a strict tone. It is way worse if you find yourself attempting to kind a password. After an unintended Caps Lock keypress, you might be left questioning when you’ve got forgotten your password. If solely your pc might notify you if you press the Caps Lock key and spare you the trouble! There is unbelievable information for you; Windows 11 really can. Although its major perform shouldn’t be to notify you when Caps Lock is engaged, you possibly can modify it as per your requirement. Thus, we carry to you a useful information that can educate you the way to allow or disable Narrator Caps Lock alert in Windows 11.
How to Enable Narrator Caps Lock Alert in Windows 11
Microsoft Developers have made some adjustments in Windows Narrator. Now, this function can notify you if you find yourself typing together with your Caps Lock on. This function shall be annoying if you want to write in uppercase letters solely. So, this setting is disabled by default. However, you possibly can allow Narrator Caps Lock alert in Windows 11 fairly simply as shall be defined in the following sections.
What is Windows Narrator?
The Narrator is a display reader program that comes built-in with Windows 11 programs.
- As it’s an built-in app, there may be no want to set up or obtain any app or file individually.
- It is just a screen-captioning device that explains all the pieces in your display.
- It has been designed for individuals who endure from blindness or poor eyesight points.
- Moreover, it may be used to do routine operations with out the utilization of a mouse. It cannot solely, learn what’s on-screen but additionally, work together with objects on the display, akin to buttons and textual content. Even if you don’t require a Narrator for display studying, it’s possible you’ll use it to announce the Caps Lock key.
You can flip Narrator Caps Lock alert on or, off by making easy adjustments in Narrator settings.
How to Turn On Windows 11 Narrator Caps Lock Alert
Here’s how to allow Narrator Caps Lock alert in Windows 11 PCs:
1. Press Windows + I keys concurrently to open Settings app.
2. Click on Accessibility in the left pane.
3. Then, click on on Narrator below Vision part, as depicted beneath.
4. Scroll down and click on on Have Narrator announce once I kind possibility in the Verbosity part.
5. Here, deselect all different selections besides Toggle keys, like Caps lock and Num lock to get notified in regards to the standing of those two keys.
Note: Several choices are chosen by default. If you keep it that means, the narrator won’t solely, announce the standing of Caps lock & Num lock key but additionally, Letters, Numbers, Punctuation, Words, Function keys, Navigation keys & Modifier keys.
Thus, if you hit Caps Lock now, the Narrator will now announce Caps Lock On or Caps Lock Off in accordance to its standing.
Note: If you want the narrator to cease studying one thing, merely press the Ctrl key as soon as.
Also Read: How to Set Up Windows Hello on Windows 11
How to Customize Narrator Alerts
Even should you swap on the narrator, your process shouldn’t be but over. To make the expertise smoother and simpler, you want to modify a number of further parameters. After enabling the Narrator Caps lock & Num lock alert, you may as well customise it as mentioned in this section.
Option 1: Enable Keyboard Shortcut
You can allow Windows 11 Keyboard Shortcut for Narrator as follows:
1. To activate its keyboard shortcut, flip the Keyboard shortcut for Narrator toggle On, as proven.
2. Hereon, press Windows + Ctrl + Enter keys concurrently to rapidly toggle the narrator On or Off with out having to navigate to Settings, every time.
Option 2: Set When to Start Narrator
You can select when the Narrator ought to begin functioning viz earlier than sign-in or after.
1. Extend the setting selections by clicking the Narrator possibility.
2A. Then, choose Start Narrator after sign-in possibility to begin Narrator, by itself, after sign-in.
2B. Or, verify the field marked Start Narrator earlier than sign-in possibility to maintain it enabled even throughout system boot.
Option 3: Disable Narrator Home Prompt
Whenever you activate the narrator, Narrator Home will launch. It consists of hyperlinks akin to Quick Start, Narrator Guide, What’s New, Settings, & Feedback. If you don’t want these hyperlinks, you possibly can select to disable it.
1. Uncheck the field titled Show Narrator Home when Narrator begins in the Welcome to Narrator display to stop it from launching every time.
Also Read: How to Change Desktop Icons on Windows 11
Option 4: Set Narrator key as Insert key
When the Narrator key function is enabled, a number of narrator shortcuts will perform with both the Caps Lock or Insert key. However, you could hit Caps Lock twice to activate or disable it. Hence, eradicating Caps Lock key from such shortcuts will make it simpler to use narrator.
1. Go to Settings > Narrator as soon as once more.
2. Scroll down to the Mouses and keyboard part.
3. For Narrator key, choose solely Insert from the drop-down menu to use Caps Lock usually.
Option 5: Choose to Show the Narrator cursor
The blue field that seems really signifies what the narrator is studying. This is the Narrator cursor. If you don’t want the display to be highlighted, you possibly can disable it as follows:
1. Scroll down and switch off the toggle for Show the Narrator cursor setting, proven highlighted.
Option 6: Choose Desired Narrator Voice
Furthermore, you possibly can choose from a listing of voices, each male & feminine, to act as Narrator voice. There are a number of culturally completely different choices out there like English US, UK, or English, preserving dialect & pronunciation variations into consideration.
1. In the Narrator’s voice part, click on on the dropdown menu for Voice.
2. Change the voice from default Microsoft David – English (United States) to a voice of your alternative.
Now besides if you hit Caps Lock or Num Lock, you’ll not even discover the narrator is on more often than not if you find yourself typing.
Also Read: How to Turn Off Windows 11 Camera and Microphone Using Keyboard Shortcut
How to Turn Off Windows 11 Narrator Caps Lock Alert
Here’s how to disable Narrator Caps Lock alert Windows 11:
1. Navigate to Settings > Accessibility > Narrator, as earlier.
2. Uncheck all of the given choices below Have narrator announce once I kind & exit:
- Letters, Numbers, and Punctuation
- Function keys
- Arrow, Tab and different navigation keys
- Shift, Alt and different modifier keys
- Toggle keys, like Caps lock and Num lock
We hope you discovered this text fascinating on how to allow & use Narrator Caps Lock & Num Lock alert to be notified on Caps Lock & Num Lock activation in Windows 11. Moreover, with our intensive listing of customization choices, it is possible for you to to set it in accordance to your necessities. Drop your ideas and queries in the remark part beneath to tell us how a lot our articles have helped you.