Microsoft has already launched fairly a couple of new & helpful safety features with Windows 11. You get a revamped Windows Security app with new options, new privateness choices, and many others. In addition to that, Windows 11 additionally features a new safety function referred to as ‘Microsoft Defender Application Guard’.
This article will focus on the Microsoft Defender Application Guard and how one can allow it on your system. So, let’s take a look at what Microsoft Defender Application Guard does.
What is Microsoft Defender Application Guard?
Microsoft Defender Application Guard is a safety function that allows you to browse untrusted web sites securely by way of the Microsoft Edge browser. The function is just lively whereas utilizing the Microsoft Edge Browser, and it has no hyperlink with different net browsers akin to Chrome, Firefox, and many others.
When you activate Microsoft Defender Application Guard on Windows 11 and open an software guard window within the Edge browser, it creates a digital machine utilizing the Hyper-V expertise.
Creating a digital machine goals to hold your Edge browser session remoted from the principle set up. It runs the Edge browser on a digital machine to forestall hacker assaults or malicious recordsdata from accessing trusted assets.
Steps to Enable Microsoft Defender Application Guard in Windows 11
Not that you’re absolutely conscious of Microsoft Defender Application guard, you may want to allow it on your gadget. Before following the steps, please be aware that The Microsoft Defender Application Guard makes use of the Hyper-V expertise to create a digital surroundings.
The function is just accessible for Windows 11 Pro, Enterprise, and some different variants. Hence, your PC ought to have Virtualization turned on to allow & use this function. Here’s what you want to do.
1. First of all, click on on the Windows 11 Start button and choose Settings.
2. On the Settings app, click on on the Apps part on the left.
3. On the suitable, click on on the Optional Features.
4. On the Optional Features web page, scroll down and click on on the More Windows options choice.
5. On the Windows Features pop-up, verify the ‘Microsoft Defender Application Guard’ choice.
6. Once accomplished, click on on the Apply button. Now you can be requested to Restart your laptop. Click on the Restart now to restart and apply the adjustments.
That’s it! This will allow the Microsoft Defender Application Guard on Windows 11.
How to Use Microsoft Defender Application Guard?
Once enabled, you want to use the Edge browser to use the Defender Application Guard. Here’s how you need to use it.
1. First of all, open the Microsoft Edge browser on your Windows 11. Next, faucet on the three dots as proven under.
2. From the record of choices that seem, choose ‘New Application Guard Window’.
3. This will launch a brand new software guard window on your Edge browser. You can now browse untrusted web sites with out worrying about safety points.
That’s it! This is how you need to use Microsoft Defender Application Guard on Windows 11. If you would like to disable the function, uncheck the Microsoft Defender Application Guard on the Windows Features pop-up on Step 5.
So, that’s all about organising and utilizing Microsoft Defender Application Guard on Windows 11. Defender Application Guard is a superb function because it protects your PC from on-line assaults & malicious recordsdata. If you want any extra assist concerning the steps, tell us.