If somebody asks to borrow your cellphone, you’ll need to shield your knowledge. Here’s how to allow Guest mode on Android for worry-free sharing.
A buddy or colleague approaches you and asks if they’ll borrow your Android cellphone. What do you do?
You may need motive to hesitate. After all, you in all probability don’t need that particular person viewing your apps, pictures, and textual content messages—not to mention mess with the settings on your cellphone.
Luckily, you’ll be able to allow visitor mode on Android. This stops others from accessing your private recordsdata, apps, notifications, and settings.
Enabling visitor mode on Android is fast and simple. Here’s what you want to do.
Table of Contents
Using Guest Mode on Android
While in Android visitor mode, the opposite particular person can entry apps, browse the net, and alter choose system settings for the visitor profile. However, they can not see your texts, photographs, and different private knowledge. Also, any settings they modify will apply to the visitor profile solely.
Note: Android varies on completely different telephones, and the steps to create a visitor profile can be completely different. Here we’ll have a look at doing it on a OnePlus cellphone with OxygenOS that’s shut to inventory Android. Samsung Galaxy telephones don’t help visitor mode—solely Galaxy tablets.
How to Enable Guest Mode on Android
If you’re on a Pixel or comparable model of Android, you’ll be able to allow visitor mode utilizing the next steps.
- Launch Settings on your Android cellphone.
- Scroll down and faucet System from the next display.
- Tap Multiple customers.
- Toggle the Multiple customers swap On and faucet Add visitor from the checklist.
- After creating the visitor profile, you’ll be able to allow requires the account, swap to the visitor account, or take away the profile.
- When you allow requires the visitor, observe that decision historical past can be shared with the consumer.
- Swipe to broaden the Quick Settings menu and faucet the consumer icon to swap to visitor mode simply.
- Tap Guest from the User menu that seems.
- When you enter visitor mode, the consumer may have entry to the apps that originally got here put in on the cellphone. However, it doesn’t present entry to apps you’ve put in utilizing your profile.
- The visitor can use the apps and even set up an app they want by signing in with their Google account. However, they gained’t give you the chance to entry any of your private knowledge.
- A visitor profile can even have restricted entry to particular settings.
- After the visitor makes use of the cellphone, swipe down for Quick Settings.
- Tap the profile icon and choose Remove visitor to delete their knowledge when carried out.
Using Guest Mode on Android
The visitor mode characteristic on Android is useful in a state of affairs the place you want to hand your cellphone off briefly. It prevents the opposite particular person from being nosey and taking a look at your photos, texts, and different knowledge. Instead, it creates a brief profile so the visitor can use sure cellphone options, and you’ll delete their knowledge with a few faucets.
Note that visitor mode is out there on most fashionable Android telephones, however not all Android handsets—Samsung being a significant one.
You don’t need somebody to have free entry to your PC, both. Check out how to allow a visitor account on Windows 10 or a visitor account on Windows 11. Want to beef up your Android safety? Consider blocking a web site on Android.