There are many causes to obtain your Twitch movies, resembling protecting offline backup copies or importing them to completely different streaming platforms. Twitch enables you to simply obtain previous broadcasts out of your Twitch account’s VOD (Video on Demand) archive.
But earlier than you are able to do that, you should configure Twitch to save your movies after you’ve completed broadcasting them. So on this tutorial, you’ll determine what you should do to activate Video on Demand in your creator account and then obtain broadcasts to your desktop or cellular machine.
Table of Contents
Activate Video On Demand in Twitch
You can activate Video On Demand (VOD) in Twitch through your Twitch streamer dashboard, however that’s solely potential for those who use an online browser. You can’t use Twitch’s desktop or cellular apps to allow VOD.
1. Type twitch.tv into the handle bar of any internet browser on Mac or PC to go to the Twitch web site. If you solely have entry to an iPhone or Android smartphone, ensure to activate the positioning’s desktop model through the browser’s menu after you’ve completed loading it.
2. Log into your Twitch account.
3. Select your Twitch profile icon on the top-right nook of the browser tab. Then, select the Creator Dashboard choice on the drop-down menu.
4. Select Settings on the Twitch sidebar to entry your channel settings. Then, choose Stream.
5. Scroll down to the VOD Settings part and activate the swap subsequent to Store previous broadcasts. Doing that may even activate Always Publish VODs—flip it off for those who don’t need Twitch to publish broadcasts with out your permission or exclude particular VOD classes utilizing the Exclude classes listing.
Note: Twitch will solely retailer your movies for 14 days. However, for those who’re a Twitch Partner or a Twitch Prime or Turbo consumer, you’ll be able to have your movies saved for 60 days. Make certain to obtain your movies earlier than they expire.
Download Videos on Windows and macOS
Now that you simply’ve activated Video on Demand, you can begin saving your stay streaming periods instantly after finishing them. However, Twitch solely gives native VOD obtain help on desktop browsers for Mac and PC.
Note: Despite having the ability to load twitch.television in desktop mode on iPhone and Android, you received’t have the choice of downloading VODs. Use a third-party Twitch downloader as an alternative (extra on that beneath).
1. Open the Twitch internet app in your Mac or PC.
2. Select your Twitch avatar from the higher proper nook of the display screen and select Video Producer.
3. Set the video filter to Past broadcasts.
4. Select the More icon (three dots) subsequent to the Twitch stream you need to obtain.
5. Select the Download button.
Tip: If you need to add a broadcast to YouTube, you are able to do that straight with out downloading the video to your laptop. Just choose the Export choice on the drop-down menu, sign up together with your YouTube Account, and select Upload.
6. Wait till Twitch prepares and downloads the video to your laptop.
The time to obtain a video depends upon its size and your web connection velocity. Check your browser’s obtain supervisor or your Mac or PC’s Downloads folder for the video file afterward.
Download Videos on Android & iOS
The Twitch app for Android and iOS doesn’t provide an choice to obtain Twitch VODs. The desktop model of the Twitch internet app additionally doesn’t allow you to try this.
However, you’ll be able to seize the URL for a Twitch VOD utilizing the cellular app and obtain it utilizing unTwitch.com (third-party internet downloader for iPhone) or Video Downloader for Twitch (third-party app for Android).
Get the Twitch VOD URL
1. Open Twitch in your iPhone or Android.
2. Tap your profile portrait and choose My Channel.
3. Switch to the Videos tab. Then, decide a video out of your previous streams and faucet the Share icon.
4. Tap Share to > Copy (iPhone) or Copy Link (Android).
Download Twitch VODs on iOS
1. Open Safari and go to unTwitch.com.
2. Tap and maintain the URL subject and choose Paste to enter the Twitch VOD URL. Then, faucet Submit.
3. Pick a obtain format and decision, specify a begin and finish time for the video (or depart the default parameters intact to obtain the whole video), and faucet Download Video.
4. Tap Download on the Safari pop-up to save the video to your iPhone.
5. Open the Safari menu, and faucet Downloads to carry up the Safari Downloads Manager.
6. Monitor the obtain progress or faucet the Magnifying Glass icon to go to your iPhone’s Downloads folder.
Note: unTwtich.com downloads movies as MP4 recordsdata by default. If you’ve hassle watching them utilizing the native Photos app, strive utilizing a third-party media participant resembling VLC Player as an alternative.
Download Twitch VODs on Android
1. Open the Google Play Store. Then, seek for and set up Video Downloader for Twitch.
2. Paste the Twitch VOD handle into the URL subject and faucet Download.
3. Enter a filename. Then, specify begin and finish instances or depart the default parameters intact to obtain the whole video.
4. Tap Download.
5. Monitor the obtain progress and test your Android’s Downloads folder for the video file.
Downloading Twitch Videos From Other Channels
Twitch doesn’t condone downloading previous video streams from different channels. But for those who merely need to save a video for offline viewing and haven’t any intention of re-uploading them elsewhere, use the next instruments to save any Twitch VOD to your desktop or cellular machine.
PC: Twitch Leecher is an open-source Twitch VOD downloader for Windows. Install Twitch Leecher via GitHub and seek for downloadable VODs proper from the app itself.
Mac: The most handy means to obtain Twitch movies from different channels is to use an online downloader resembling unTwitch.com. Just right-click a VOD, choose Copy Link Address, and then paste the URL into unTwitch.com to begin downloading.
iPhone & Android: Just like with your personal Twitch VODs, merely use unTwitch.com or Video Downloader for Twitch to obtain previous broadcasts from different Twitch channels. Just use the Share choice whereas viewing a video to seize its URL.