If you might be touring or in a brand new location and wish a map, you may obtain maps on Windows 11 for offline use. Here’s how to do it.
On Windows 11, you may obtain maps on your PC for offline use. This is a useful characteristic that can offer you entry to maps whenever you’re in a location with restricted or no web connectivity. The offline maps give your turn-by-turn instructions, in addition to present data on institutions close by, resembling eating places, gasoline stations, or hospitals.
Of course, you need to get your map forward of time earlier than you journey. Once you obtain the map(s), you should utilize the maps as in the event that they have been on-line (sans just a few options).
If you need to understand how to obtain offline maps on Windows 11, observe the steps beneath.
Table of Contents
How to Download Maps on Windows 11
Before heading out on your journey, use the next steps to obtain maps on Windows 11.
To obtain offline maps on Windows 11:
- Open the Start menu and click on Settings.
- Click on Apps > Offline maps when Settings opens.
- You need to ensure the maps are up to date. Expand the Maps updates part and click on the Check now button for current updates.
- It’s additionally a good suggestion to ensure Update mechanically when plugged in and on Wi-Fi is chosen. That will guarantee you’ve gotten up to date maps when you’ve gotten an web connection.
- Click the Download maps button on the prime of the display to get your first map.
- Select the area you need to obtain (resembling Europe).
- Scroll by way of and discover the nation or state you want—you’ll see the obtain dimension listed beneath. After discovering the situation you want, click on the Download button subsequent to it.
- If you now not want a map you’ve downloaded beforehand, click on the Delete button subsequent to it within the Offline maps menu.
How to Use Offline Maps on Windows 11
Now that you’ve got the map or maps you want, you may launch the Maps app on Windows 11. To use offline maps on Windows 11, launch the Maps app and seek for the map space you downloaded.
For occasion, we’re taking a look at a map of Delaware and wish to discover instructions within the screenshot beneath.
You can even seek for particular person areas on the map even whenever you’re offline. Nearby Places may even seem, and also you’ll find a way to ask for turn-by-turn instructions to every of them.
An offline map offers you some beneficial data however not all options can be found in offline mode. For instance, you may’t get an aerial view or a streetside view.
If a characteristic isn’t out there, it would pop up a message letting that you simply want an web connection.
Navigating with Maps on Windows 11
The steps above ought to enable you to to obtain offline maps on Windows 11. If you’re in a scenario the place you’ve gotten spotty web or no connection in any respect, having maps out there for offline use is useful. Windows 11 will replace your maps once more everytime you join to the web. If you’re not on Windows 11 but, take a look at how to use Maps on Windows 10.
Unfortunately, the Windows 11 Maps app doesn’t make it straightforward to discover a area. There is numerous clicking to get the precise place you want. It could be an enchancment if a search discipline have been added, so discovering what you want is extra easy.
Downloading maps for offline use is sort of a routine on cell gadgets. For instance, you may obtain Google Maps on your iPhone. If you’re not into Google Maps, you may attempt these seven options.