If you keep in mind, Microsoft launched a brand new safety app for Windows 10 customers known as Windows Security. Windows Security can be accessible for Windows 11, and it protects you from each identified and unknown safety threats.
Windows safety is a free safety program offered by Microsoft for Windows customers. The Windows Security app runs within the background and protects your laptop from numerous safety threats corresponding to malware, viruses, ransomware, phishing assaults, and so on.
It additionally has a safety characteristic known as Windows SmartScreen which many customers don’t know. The function of a Windows SmartScreen is to forestall unrecognized apps from beginning and operating on your Windows 11 system.
What is Windows SmartScreen?
SmartScreen is a safety characteristic launched in Windows 8, but it surely has been improved in Windows 10. SmartScreen acts as a filter that will get your obtain information checked towards a Microsoft Database.
So, whenever you obtain one thing malicious from the web and try to run it, the SmartScreen filter checks it and blocks it. When it blocks a program from operating or making adjustments to your system, you will notice a immediate like this.
Although the characteristic is great, generally it blocks protected app use. The solely method to run the blocked apps is by clicking on the More data > Run Anyway choice.
You want to do that each time you need to run an app that Windows Defender SmartScreen blocks. You can disable the Windows Defender SmartScreen characteristic in case you don’t need to do that for apps you belief. However, earlier than disabling the characteristic, arrange a very good safety app for Windows on your PC.
Ways to Disable Windows Defender SmartScreen on Windows 11
It’s fairly simple to disable Windows Defender SmartScreen on Windows 11, and there are a number of methods to do it. Hence, this text will share the few greatest practices to disable Windows Defender SmartScreen in Windows 11. Let’s try.
1) Disable Defender SmartScreen through Windows Security
We will use the Windows Security app to disable the Windows Defender SmartScreen characteristic on this technique. Here’s what you want to do.
1. First, click on on the Windows 11 search and kind in Windows Security. Next, click on on Windows Security from the checklist of choices that seems.
2. On Windows Security, click on on the Apps & browser management.
3. On the precise pane, scroll down and click on on the Reputation-based safety settings hyperlink.
4. On the subsequent display screen, disable the toggle for Check apps and information
5. You will now see a UAC immediate; click on on the Yes button to apply the adjustments.
That’s it! You are accomplished. This is how one can disable the Windows Defender SmartScreen through the Windows Security app.
2) How to Disable SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge
Windows 11 permits you to handle the SmartScreen for the Edge browser individually. Hence, you want to disable the SmartScreen for the Microsoft Edge browser.
1. First, open the Windows Security app on your Windows 11 PC and click on on the App & browser management.
2. On the precise pane, click on on the Reputation-based safety settings hyperlink.
3. scroll down and disable the toggle for SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge on the subsequent display screen.
That’s it! You are accomplished. This is how one can disable SmartScreen for the Microsoft Edge browser on Windows 11.
3) Disable Windows Defenender SmartScreen through Registry
If for some motive, you may’t entry the Windows Security app, you should use the Registry Editor to disable the SmartScreen characteristic. Here’s what you want to do.
1. First, press the Windows Key + R button to open the RUN dialog field. On the RUN dialog field, enter regedit and hit the Enter button.
2. On the Registry Editor, navigate to the trail:
3. Next, right-click on the System folder and choose New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
4. Name the newly created REG_DWORD worth as EnableSmartScreen.
5. Next, double click on on the EnableSmartScreen, set the Value knowledge to 0, and click on on the Ok button.
That’s it! You are accomplished. After making the adjustments, restart your Windows 11 PC. This will disable the Defender SmartScreen on your Windows 11. If you want to allow the SmartScreen characteristic once more, delete the EnableSmartScreen worth you created in Step 4.
4) Disable Windows Defender SmartScreen through Group Policy Editor
You may even use the Local Group Policy Editor to disable the Windows Defender SmartScreen on your Windows 11 laptop. Here are among the easy steps you want to observe.
1. First, press the Windows Key + R button to open the RUN dialog field. On the Run dialog field, sort in gpedit.msc and hit the Enter button.
2. This will open the Local Group Policy Editor. Navigate to the next path:
Computer Configuration > Administrative templates > Windows Components > File Explorer
3. On the precise pane, discover and double click on on the Configure Windows Defender SmartScreen Policy.
4. On the subsequent Window, choose Disabled and click on on the Apply button.
That’s it! You are accomplished. After making the above adjustments, restart your laptop. After the restart, the Windows Defender SmartScreen shall be disabled.
Windows Defender SmartScreen is a good safety characteristic that you simply shouldn’t flip off. If you continue to need to flip it off, be sure to use different safety packages on your laptop. Or else, you may allow the SmartScreen after putting in the blocked app once more.