If you need to velocity up the check in course of, you’ll be able to disable the Lock Screen on Windows 11. Here’s what you’ll want to do.
When you begin Windows 11, the very first thing you’ll see as soon as your PC boots up is the Lock Screen. This is the splash display screen you’ll see with the time, date, notifications, and background picture earlier than you check in.
You can customise the Lock Screen to swimsuit your individual necessities—for instance, you could determine to change the wallpaper. Still, some customers won’t care to click on by the Lock Screen to get into their system. If that’s the case, you’ll need to disable the Lock Screen on Windows 11.
To disable it, you should utilize both the Group Policy Editor or you’ll be able to modify the Registry. However, these choices are solely out there to sure Windows 11 variations (except you determine to improve). If you need to know the way to disable the Windows 11 Lock Screen, observe these steps.
Table of Contents
How to Disable the Lock Screen on Windows 11 by way of Group Policy
First, we’ll have a look at disabling the Lock Screen by way of Group Policy utilizing the following steps:
- Click the Start button or hit the Windows key and sort gpedit, then click on the first consequence at the prime.
- When the Local Group Policy Editor opens, navigate to the following path:
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization
- Next, double-click on Do not show the lock display screen.
- When the coverage display screen comes up, click on the Enabled choice and click on Apply and OK at the backside of the display screen.
- Exit the Local Group Policy Editor and restart your PC once you’re accomplished.
When the laptop restarts, it can go straight to the Sign-in display screen, and the Lock Screen will not show. Again, this works on Windows 11 Pro (or above) solely.
How to Disable the Lock Screen by way of the Registry on Windows 11
If you’re operating Windows 11 Pro, Education, or Business, you can even disable the Lock Screen by modifying the Registry.
To disable the Lock Screen utilizing the Registry on Windows 11, do the following:
- Click the Start button or hit the Windows key, kind regedit, then click on the prime consequence.
- Once the Registry Editor opens, browse to the following path—notice which you could copy and paste it into the Registry Editor bar at the prime:
- Now, right-click the Windows key on the left and choose New > Key.
- Name the new key Personalization and hit Enter.
- Next, right-click the Personalization key you simply created and choose New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name the DWORD worth as Nolockscreen and hit Enter on your keyboard.
- Double-click on the Nolockscreen key you created and provides it a Value knowledge of 1 earlier than you click on OK.
Exit the Registry Editor and restart the PC once you’re prepared. If you adopted the steps accurately when your laptop boots up once more, the Lock Screen will probably be skipped, and also you’ll see the sign-in display screen solely.
Customizing Windows 11 Further
The steps above ought to show you how to to disable the Lock Screen on Windows 11, however there are different methods you’ll be able to customise your new PC.
For instance, one other approach to shortly bypass the Lock Screen is to arrange Windows Hello. The display screen nonetheless seems, however when facial recognition detects your face, it can bypass the Lock Screen and signal you in inside seconds.
To customise Windows 11 additional, you can even change your desktop wallpaper or transfer the Start button to the left.