The Snipping Tool has lengthy been the default software for taking screenshots on Windows. By clicking the keyboard shortcut, chances are you’ll simply carry up the Snipping Tool and take a Snapshot. It options 5 modes, together with Rectangular Snip, Window Snip, and others. If you dislike the interface or performance of the software, or if you happen to desire third-party display seize purposes, chances are you’ll rapidly disable or uninstall it out of your Windows 11 PC. Follow the strategies listed in this information to learn the way to disable Snipping software in Windows 11 PCs.
How to Disable Snipping Tool in Windows 11
Three strategies can be utilized to disable Snipping tool on Windows 11. One is to merely uninstall Snipping Tool out of your PC and the opposite is to disable it utilizing Group Policy Editor or Registry Editor.
Method 1: Disable Via Registry Editor
Follow these steps to disable Snipping software on Windows 11 by Registry Editor:
1. Click on the Search icon, sort Registry Editor, and click on on Open.
2. In the Registry Editor window, navigate to the next path:
3. Right-click on the Microsoft folder in the left pane and click on on New > Key from the context menu, as depicted under.
4. Rename the newly created key TabletPC, as proven.
5. Go to the TabletPC key folder and right-click anyplace in the best pane to open the context menu.
6. Here, click on on New > DWORD (32-bit) Value as illustrated under.
7. Name the newly created worth as DisableSnippingTool and double-click on it.
8. Change the Value Data to 1 in the Edit DWORD (32-Bit) Value dialog field. Click on OK.
9. Finally, restart your PC to save the modifications.
Also Read: How to Take Zoom Meeting Screenshot
Method 2: Disable Via Local Group Policy Editor
Listed under are the steps to disable Snipping software on Windows 11 by native group coverage editor. In case, you might be unable to launch it, learn our information on How to Enable Group Policy Editor in Windows 11 Home Edition.
1. Open the Run dialog field by urgent Windows + R keys collectively.
2. Type gpedit.msc and click on on OK, as proven.
3. Navigate to the given path in the left pane.:
User Configuration > Administrative Templetes > Windows Components > Tablet PC > Accessories
4. Double-click on Do not permit Snipping Tool to run in the best pane, proven highlighted.
5. Select the Enabled choice after which, click on on Apply > OK to save these modifications.
Also Read: How to Disable Xbox Game Bar in Windows 11
Method 3: Uninstall Snipping Tool Completely
Here’s how to uninstall Snipping Tool in Windows 11 if you happen to now not want to use it:
1. Press Windows + X keys concurrently to open the Quick Link menu.
2. Click on the Apps and Features choice from the menu, as proven.
3. Use the search field offered right here to seek for Snipping Tool app.
4. Then, click on on the three dotted icon and click on the Uninstall button, as depicted.
5. Click on Uninstall in the affirmation dialog field.
We hope you realized how to disable Snipping software in Windows 11. Show some love and help by sending your solutions and queries in the remark field under. Also, tell us which matter you need us to cowl in upcoming articles.