Windows Search Index supplies search outcomes shortly by searching for a file or app or setting from inside predefined areas. Windows Search Index presents two modes: Classic & Enhanced. By default, Windows indexes and returns search outcomes utilizing Classic indexing which is able to index knowledge in consumer profile folders similar to Documents, Pictures, Music, and the Desktop. By default, the Enhanced indexing possibility indexes the total contents of your laptop, together with all laborious disks and partitions, in addition to Library and Desktop. Today, we now have defined how to allow or disable Windows search indexing in Windows 11 PCs.
How to Disable Search Indexing in Windows 11
Despite its apparent benefits, switching to the Enhanced indexing choices might enhance battery drainage and CPU utilization. Thus, comply with any of the given strategies to disable Windows search indexing choices in Windows 11 PCs.
Option 1: Stop Windows Search Service in Services Window
Here are the steps to disable Windows search indexing by way of Services app:
1. Press Windows + R keys collectively to open Run dialog field.
2. Type companies.msc and click on on OK to open Services window.
3. Scroll down and discover Windows Search service in the appropriate pane and double-click on it, as proven.
4. In Windows Search Properties window, click on on Stop button, proven highlighted.
5. Click on Apply > OK to save these modifications.
Also Read: How to Restore Missing Recycle Bin Icon in Windows 11
Option 2: Run Stop Command in Command Prompt
Alternatively, run given command in CMD to disable Windows Search Indexing function:
1. Click on the Search icon and sort Command Prompt. Click on Run as administrator.
2. In the Command Prompt window, sort the next command and hit Enter:
sc cease "wsearch" && sc config "wsearch" begin=disabled
Also Read: How to Disable Online Search from Start Menu in Windows 11
How to Enable Windows Search Indexing
Read right here to study extra about Windows Search Overview. Try both of the the choices listed beneath to allow search indexing in Windows 11 techniques:
Option 1: Start Windows Search Service in Services Window
You can allow Windows search indexing choices from the Windows Services program as follows:
1. Press Windows + R keys collectively to open Run dialog field
2. Type companies.msc and click on on OK, as proven, to launch Services window.
3. Double-click on Windows Search service to open Windows Search Properties window.
4. Here, click on on Start button, as depicted, if the Service standing: shows Stopped.
5. Click on Apply > OK to save modifications.
Also Read: How to Fix Windows 11 Taskbar Not Working
Option 2: Run Start Command in Command Prompt
Another means to allow Windows search indexing choices is to use Command Prompt, simply as you probably did to disable it.
1. Launch Elevated Command Prompt with administrative privileges, as proven.
2. Click on Yes in the User Account Control affirmation pop-up.
3. Type the given command and hit Enter to execute:
sc config "wsearch" begin=delayed-auto && sc begin "wsearch"
We hope this text taught you how to allow or disable Search Indexing Options in Windows 11. We love to hear your solutions and questions through the remark part beneath. Stay tuned to our website for extra!