As everyone knows, the RUN command, or RUN dialog field, has at all times been an integral a part of the Windows working system. It is offered on all variations of Windows, together with Windows 11. With the RUN Dialog field, you may instantly open functions, system settings, Registry Editor, Local Group Policy editors, and many others.
Since the RUN command is principally used to entry the hidden information and settings of the working system, you might like to block it for safety & privateness causes. For instance, when you share your PC together with your youngsters, they might run incorrect instructions by means of the RUN dialog field, main to issues.
Therefore, when you hardly ever use the RUN command, or when you typically share your PC with different customers, it’s greatest to flip off the RUN command fully. On Windows 11, it’s fairly simple to limit the RUN field from operating. For that, you want to make some adjustments to the Registry Editor or Local Group Policy editor.
Steps to Disable RUN Command (Windows + R) in Windows 11
When you block the RUN command from operating in your PC, you will notice a message “This operating has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator” each time anybody presses the Windows Key + R button.
Disable RUN Command Box by way of Local Group Policy
Therefore, if you’re in turning off the run command in Windows 11, you’re studying the proper information. In this text, we’ll share a step-by-step information on how to flip off the RUN command in Windows 11. Let’s try.
1. First of all, open the Windows 11 search and kind in Local Group Policy. Next, click on on the Local Group Policy Editor from the checklist.
2. On the Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar.
3. On the proper pane, discover and double click on on the Remove Run menu from Start Menu.
4. On the subsequent display screen, choose Enabled and click on on the Apply button.
That’s it! You are performed. After making the above adjustments, be sure that to restart your laptop. This will disable the RUN dialog field in your laptop. If you would like to allow it, choose Not Configured on Step and click on on the Apply button.
Disable RUN Command Box by way of Registry
In this methodology, we’ll use the Registry editor to allow or disable the Run Command Box. Here are a number of the easy steps you want to observe.
1. First of all, open the Windows 11 search and kind in Registry. Next, open the Registry Editor app from the checklist.
2. On the Registry Editor, navigate to the trail:
3. Right-click on the Explorer folder and choose New > DWORD (32-Bit) Value. Name the brand new worth as NoRun.
4. Double click on on the NoRun Key, and on the Value information area, enter 1. Once performed, click on on the Ok button.
That’s it! You are performed. This is how one can flip off the Run command on Windows 11.
These are the 2 greatest strategies to flip off the Run command field on Windows 11. I hope this text helped you! Please share it with your folks additionally. If you may have any doubts associated to this, tell us in the remark field under.